- Volume 19 Issue 2
This article compares the weighted geometric median with the centroid, from the question why they use the centroid when they would find the single facility location(the weighted geometric median) which minimize the sum of weighted Euclidean distances in some text books and papers. Firstly, we show that the demand point whose volume of demand exceeds the half of total demand is the weighted geometric median differently from the centroid, and we examine the weighed geometric median when every demand point is located on a line. Meanwhile, we could simply see that the geometric median and the centroid are coincident in the special case when every demand point is located at a vertex of a regular polygon, and every volume of demand is equal. Furthermore, the geometric medians of convex tetragons could be simply attained unlike triangles.
Single Facility Location;Center of Gravity;Euclidean Distance;Weighted Geometric Median
- 이상범, 류춘호, 현대 생산.운영관리(제5판), 명경사, 2015.
- 석상문, 이상욱, "물류 센터 위치설정 및 대리점 할당 모형에 대한 휴리스틱 해법," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제9호, pp.107-116, 2010.
- L. J. Krajewski, L. P. Ritzman, and M. K. Malhotra, Operations Management(8th ed.), Pearson Prentice Hall, 2007.
- 유성렬, 생산운영관리, 이프레스, 2012.
- W. J. Stevenson, Production/Operations Management(5th ed.), IRWIN, 1996.
- 심현철, 공급망 관점의 생산운영관리, 형지사, 2015.
- 김연성, 김채복, 정승환, 주상호 (공역), 전략적 운영관리(F. R. Jacobs and R. B. Chase, Operations and Supply mangement : The Core, McGraw-Hill, 2008, 번역본), 한경사, 2009.
- 김태웅, 서비스기업의 운영관리, 신영사, 2005
- A. Klose and A. Drexl, "Facility Location Models for Distribution System Design," European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.162, pp.4-29, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2003.10.031
- M. B. Cohen, Y. T. Lee, G. Miller, J. Pachocki, and A. Sidford, "Geometric Median in Nearly Linear Time," Proceedings of the forty-eighth annual ACM symposium on Theory of Computing, pp.9-21, 2016.
- G. O. Wesolowsky, "The Weber Problem: History and Perspectives," Location Science, Vol.1, No.1, pp.5-23, 1993.
- T. Drezner and Z. Drezner, "A Note on Applying the Gravity Rule to the Airline Hub Problem," Journal of Regional Science, Vol.41, No.1, pp.67-73, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1111/0022-4146.00207
- S. Khosravi and M. R. A. Jokar, "Facility and Hub Location Model based on Gravity Rule," Computer & Industrial Engineering, Vol.109, pp.28-38, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2017.04.005
- http://www.shmula.com/ditribution-center-location-optimizing-your-logistics-network/9312/, 2018.12.10.
- P. G. Spain, "The Fermat point of a Triangle," Mathematical Magazin, Vol.69, No.2, pp.131-133, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1080/0025570X.1996.11996409
- Y. Shen and J. Tolosa, "The Weighted Fermat Triangle Problem," International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, Vol.2008, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2008/283846 https://doi.org/10.1155/2008/283846