- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Personalized Travel Path Recommendation Scheme on Social Media
소셜 미디어 상에서 개인화된 여행 경로 추천 기법
Aniruddha, Paul;Lim, Jongtae;Bok, Kyoungsoo;Yoo, Jaesoo
- Received : 2019.01.03
- Accepted : 2019.02.07
- Published : 2019.02.28
In the recent times, a personalized travel path recommendation based on both travelogues and community contributed photos and the heterogeneous meta-data (tags, geographical locations, and date taken) which are associated with photos have been studied. The travellers using social media leave their location history, in the form of paths. These paths can be bridged for acquiring information, required, for future recommendation, for the future travellers, who are new to that location, providing all sort of information. In this paper, we propose a personalized travel path recommendation scheme, based on social life log. By taking advantage, of two kinds of social media, such as travelogue and community contributed photos, the proposed scheme, can not only be personalized to user's travel interest, but also be able to recommend, a travel path rather than individual Points of Interest (POIs). The proposed personalized travel route recommendation method consists of two steps, which are: pruning POI pruning step and creating travel path step. In the POI pruning step, candidate paths are created by the POI derived. In the creating travel path step, the proposed scheme creates the paths considering the user's interest, cost, time, season of the topic for more meaningful recommendation.
Travel Path Recommendation;POI;Life Log;Social Media;Recommendation Service
- Mingxin Gan and Rui Jiang, "FLOWER: Fusing global and local associations towards personalized social recommendation," Future Generation Comp. Syst, Vol.78, pp.462-473, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2017.02.027
- Yu Zheng, Lizhu Zhang, Xing Xie, and Wei-Ying Ma, "Mining interesting locations and travel sequences from GPS trajectories," WWW, pp.791-800, 2009.
- Kwan Hui Lim, Jeffrey Chan, Christopher Leckie, and Shanika Karunasekera, "Personalized trip recommendation for tourists based on user interests, points of interest visit durations and visit recency," Knowl. Inf. Syst. Vol.54, No.2, pp.375-406, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10115-017-1056-y
- Fatemeh Rezaeimehr, Parham Moradi, Sajad Ahmadian, Nooruldeen Nasih Qader, and Mahdi Jalili, "TCARS: Time- and Community-Aware Recommendation System," Future Generation Comp. Syst, Vol.78, pp.419-429, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2017.04.003
- Ramesh Baral and Tao Li, "Exploiting the roles of aspects in personalized POI recommender systems," Data Min. Knowl. Discov, Vol.32, No.2, pp.320-343, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10618-017-0537-7
- Long Guo, Jie Shao, Kian-Lee Tan, and Yang Yang, "WhereToGo: Personalized Travel Recommendation for Individuals and Groups," MDM, Vol.1, pp.49-58, 2014.
- Qi Liu, Yong Ge, Zhongmou Li, Enhong Chen, and Hui Xiong, "Personalized Travel Package Recommendation," Proc. ICDM, pp.407-416, 2011.
- Abdul Majid, Ling Chen, Gencai Chen, Hamid Turab Mirza, Ibrar Hussain, and John Woodward, "A context-aware personalized travel recommendation system based on geotagged social media data mining," International Journal of Geographical Information Science, Vol.27, No.4, pp.662-684, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1080/13658816.2012.696649
- Ge Cui, Jun Luo, and Xin Wang, "Personalized travel route recommendation using collaborative filtering based on GPS trajectories," Int. J. Digital Earth, Vol.11, No.3, pp.284-307, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1080/17538947.2017.1326535
- Yu Zheng, Xing Xie, and Wei-Ying Ma, "GeoLife: A Collaborative Social Networking Service among User, Location and Trajectory," IEEE Data Eng. Bul, Vol.33, No.2, pp.32-39, 2010.
- Chenzhong Bin, Tianlong Gu, Yanpeng Sun, Liang Chang, Wenping Sun, and Lei Sun, "Personalized POIs Travel Route Recommendation System Based on Tourism Big Data," Proc. PRICAI, pp.290-299, 2018.
- Gang Hu, Jie Shao, Fumin Shen, Zi Huang, and Heng Tao Shen, "Unifying Multi-Source Social Media Data for Personalized Travel Route Planning," Proc. SIGIR, pp.893-896, 2017.
- Zilu Liang and Yasushi Wakahara, "A route guidance system with personalized rerouting for reducing traveling time of vehicles in urban areas," Proc. ITSC, pp.1541-154, 2014.
- Siya Bao, Masao Yanagisawa, and Nozomu Togawa, "Personalized one-day travel with multi-nearby-landmark recommendation," Proc. ICCE-Berlin, pp.239-242, 2017.
- K. S. Bok, He Li, J. T. Lim, and J. S. Yoo, "Discovering Congested Routes Using Vehicle Trajectories in Road Networks," Adv. in MM, Vol.2015, pp.420689:1-420689:7, 2015.
- Mohammad Aliannejadi and Fabio Crestani, "Personalized Context-Aware Point of Interest Recommendation," CoRR, vol.abs/1806.05736, 2018.
- Ling-Yin Wei, Wen-Chih Peng, and Wang-Chien Lee, "Exploring pattern-aware travel routes for trajectory search," ACM TIST, Vol.4, No.3, pp.48:1-48:25, 2013.
- Davide Feltoni Gurini, Fabio Gasparetti, Alessandro Micarelli, and Giuseppe Sansonetti, "Temporal people-to-people recommendation on social networks with sentiment-based matrix factorization," Future Generation Comp. Syst, Vol.78, pp.430-439, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2017.03.020
- Mehmet Kayaalp, Tansel Ozyer, and Sibel Tariyan Ozyer, "A Collaborative and Content Based Event Recommendation System Integrated with Data Collection Scrapers and Services at a Social Networking Site," Proc. ASONAM, pp.113-118, 2009.
- Yu Zheng, Yukun Chen, Xing Xie, and Wei-Ying Ma, "GeoLife 2.0: A Location-Based Social Networking Service," Proc. Mobile Data Management, pp.357-358, 2009.
- Magdalini Eirinaki, Jerry Gao, Iraklis Varlamis, and Konstantinos Tserpes, "Recommender Systems for Large-Scale Social Networks: A review of challenges and solutions," Future Generation Comp. Syst, Vol.78, pp.413-418, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2017.09.015
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)