- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Relationship between Creativity and Salespersons' Work Performance: Depending on the Classification of Sales Work and the Industrial Category
영업사원의 창의성과 업무성과와의 관계: 영업업무 분류와 산업군의 구분에 따라서
Kim, Jhong Yun
- Received : 2019.01.03
- Accepted : 2019.01.23
- Published : 2019.02.28
This study aims to examine a relationship between creativity and work performance of salespersons, and understand how the relationship between salesperson's creativity and their work performance changed depending on the classification of sales business and the industrial category. An on-line survey was targeted for salespersons who were working in consumer goods sales, industry materials sales, financial business, and service industry. A total number of the completed surveys was 588. According to the study, creativity is an important competency to improve salespersons' work performance. Also, companies should focus on the investment in developing creativity of employees who are in charge of industrial materials sales compared to people in other industrial categories.
Salesperson;Creativity;Work Performance;Simple Sales;Corrective Sales;Industry Category
- O. Walker, G. Churchill, and N. Ford, "Motivation and performance in Industrial Selling: Present Knowledge and Needed Research," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.14, No.2, pp.156-168, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224377701400203
- G. Churchill, N. Ford, S. Hartley, and O. Walker, "The determinants of salesperson performance: A meta-analysis," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.22, No.2, pp.103-118, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224378502200201
- 차동옥, 김정식, "중간관리자의 임파워링 리더십과 직무몰입, 조직몰입, 조직시민행동간의 관계," 조직과 인사관리연구, 제35권, 제1호, pp.171-198, 2011.
- J. Singh, W. Verbeke, and G. Rhoads, "Do organizational practices matter in role stress processes? A study of direct and moderating effects for marketing-oriented boundary spanners," The Journal of Marketing, Vol.60, No.3, pp.69-86, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251842
- T. Amabile, "A model of creativity and innovation in organizations," Research in Organizational Behavior, Vol.10, No.1, pp.123-167, 1988.
- 배창권, 개인창의성이 영업성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구, 한국방송통신대학교, 석사학위논문, 2003.
- 손태원, 홍길표, 정명호, 김영수, "창의성경영의 구성차원과 영영성과와의 관련성에 관한 탐색적 연구," 조직과 인사관리 연구, 제26권, 제3호, pp.273-301, 2002.
- Y. Gong, J. Huang, and J. Farh, "Employee learning orientation, transformational leadership, and employee creativity: The mediating role of employee creative self-efficacy," Academy of management journal, Vol.52, No.4, pp.765-778, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5465/amj.2009.43670890
- 정종식, 영업직원의 솔로션지향성이 영업성과에 영향을 미치는 심리적 프로세스, 홍익대학교, 박사학위논문, 2004.
- 박찬욱, 석진홍, 조아라, "영업의 유형과 조직문화와의 적합성이 영업사원의 직무만족도와 조직몰입에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구," 고객만족경영연구, 제16권, 제1호, pp.1-22, 2014.
- M. W. Johnston and G. W. Marshall, Sales force Management: Leadership, Innovation, Technology, New York, NY: Routledge, 2013.
- B. L. Spiro, W. J. Stanton, and G. A. Rich, Management of a sales force, 12th ed. McGraw-Hill/Irwin New York, 2008.
- B. Joo, G. Mclean, and B. Yang, "Creativity and human resource development An integrative literature review and a conceptual framework for future research," Human Resource Development Review, Vol.12, No.4, pp.390-421, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1177/1534484313481462
- T. Amabile, Creadtivity in context: Update to the social psychology of creativity, Boulder, CO: Westview Press, 1996.
- B. K. Joo and G. N. Mclean, "Best employer studies: A conceptual model from a literature review and a case study," Human Resource Development Review, Vol.5, No.2, pp.228-257, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/1534484306287515
- N. King, Innovation at work: the research literature, in West & Farr(1990), Innovation and creativity at work, New York, NY: Wiley, 1990.
- R. Rosenfeld and J. Servo, Facilitation innovation in large organisations, in M. A. West & J. L. Farr (Eds.), Innovation and Creativity at Work. Psychological and organizational Strategies, pp.3-13, New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons, 1990.
- R. Woodman, J. Sawyer, and R. Griffin, "Toward a theory of organizational creativity," Academy of Management Review, Vol.18, No.2, pp.293-321, 1993. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1993.3997517
- S. G. Scott and R. A Bruce, "Determinants of innovative behavior: A path model of individual innovation in the workplace," Academy of management journal, Vol.37, No.3, pp.580-607, 1994.
- G. Oldham and A. Cummings, "Employee creativity: Personal and contextual factors at work," Academy of management journal, Vol.39, No.3, pp.607-634, 1996.
- D. Behrman and W. Perreault, "Measuring the performance of industrial salespersons," Journal of Business Research, Vol.10, No.3, pp.355-370, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(82)90039-X
- 윤승기, 영업사원의 암묵적지식과 고객지향성이 성과에 미치는 영향, 숭실대학교, 박사학위논문, 2010.
- R. Boyatzis, The competent manager: A model for effective performance, New York, NY: John Wiley & Sone, 1982.
- L. Williams and S. Anderson, "Job satisfaction and organizational commitment as predictors of organizational citizenship and in-role behaviors," Journal of Management, Vol.17, No.3, pp.601-617, 1991.
- J. Campbell, R. McCloy, S. Oppler, and C. Sager, A theory of performance. Personnel selection in organizations, CA: Jossey-Bass, 1993.
- B. Babin and J. Boles, "Employee behavior in a service environment: A model and test of potential differences between men and women," The Journal of Marketing, Vol.1998, pp.77-91, 1998.
- 김종윤, "영업사원의 학습목표지향성, 창의성, 업무방법, 업무강도, 업무성과의 구조적 관계," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제18권, 제1호, pp.90-107, 2018.
- M. Runco, J. Plucker, and W. Lim, "Development and psychometric integrity of a measure of ideational behavior," Creativity Research Journal, Vol.13, No.3&4, pp.393-400, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1207/S15326934CRJ1334_16
- 이병희, 창의적 행동의 영역일반 구조모형 검증, 한국교원대학교, 박사학위논문, 2008.
- H. Sujan, B. Weitz, and N. Kumar, "Learning orientation, working smart, and effective selling," The Journal of Marketing, Vol.58, No.3&4, pp.39-52, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224299405800303
- 김두섭, 김남준, 회귀분석: 기초와 응용, 나남, 2008.