- Volume 19 Issue 3
With the 4th industrial revolution, the traditional logistics is shifting to the smart logistics, and it has led to rapid growth of logistics startup companies to support smart logistics. They build their mobile applications and customize their services in the areas of freight transport, parcel delivery services, freight tracking, on-demand logistics, transport intermediary platforms, online-to-offline business, and last mile delivery. In order for logistics startup to be successful, it should lead to sales and profit through customer satisfaction and continuous use by developing highly usable mobile applications. The evaluation of usability of mobile application should use different evaluation criteria from Web based applications because of the inherent characteristics of mobile phone. The purpose of this study is to evaluate the usability of the mobile application provided by the logistics startup and to draw out implications and improvement plans. Through the literature review, we will review the concept of smart logistics. Thus we derive the usability criteria suitable for mobile applications and perform usability testing.
Smart Logistics;Logistics Startup;Mobile Applications;Usability;Usability Test
- L. Barreto, A. Amaral, and T. Pereira, "Industry 4.0 implications in logistics: an overview," Procedia Manufacturing, Vol.13, pp.1245-1252, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2017.09.045
- 이순교, 정태수, "빅데이터 시대에서의 스마트 물류," IE 매거진, Vol.23, No.4, pp.13-20, 2016.
- 노홍승, 정승주, 채미나, 김태욱, 신성장 동력 확보를 위한 ICT 융합형 물류 스타트업 지원 및 활성화 전략연구, 한국교통연구원, 2015.
- 엄지용, "세상을 바꿀 대한민국 물류스타트업 33선," Chief Logistics Officer, 2016.3.7.
- 국토교통부, "쑥쑥 커지는 물류 스타트업 시장-기업 수 2배 늘고 투자유치액 스타트업 내 10% 넘어," 보도자료, 2017.1.26.
- V. Venkatesh and V. Ramesh, "Web and wireless site usability: understanding differences and modeling use," MIS Quarterly, Vol.30, No.1, pp.181-206, 2006. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148723
- H. Hoehle and V. Venkatesh, "Mobile application usability: conceptualization and instrument development," MIS Quarterly, Vol.39, No.2, pp.435-472, 2015. https://doi.org/10.25300/MISQ/2015/39.2.08
- S. Hoober, "How do users really hold mobile devices?," UXmatters, February 18, 2013. https://www.uxmatters.com/mt/archives/2013/02/how-do-users-really-hold-mobile-devices.php.
- V. Roblek, M. Mesko, and A. Krapez, "A coplex view of industry 4.0," SAGE Open, April-June, pp.1-11, 2016.
- S. Wang, J. Wan, D. Li, and C. Zhang, "Implementing Smart Factory of Industry 4.0: An Outlook," International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, Vol.12, No.1, pp.1-10, 2016.
- H. C. Pfohl, B. Yahsi, and T. Kurnaz, "The impact of industry 4.0 on supply chain," Proceedings of the Hamburg International Conference of Logistics(HICL)-20, August, pp.31-58, 2015.
- E. Hofmann and M. Rusch, "Industry 4.0 and the current status as well as future prospects on logistics," Computers in Industry, Vol.89, pp.23-34, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compind.2017.04.002
- 정승주, "2017년 물류정책 연구방향과 과제," KOTI Special Edition, Vol.227, 2016.
- 해양수산부, "고부가가치 물류산업으로 세계 10위권 물류국가 도약-물류 신산업 육성, 스마트 물류기술개발 등 국가물류기본계획('16-'25) 수립," 보도자료, 2016.8.3.
- 송상화, ICT 기반 활용 물류산업 활성화 정책연구, 연구보고서, 한국무역협회 국제무역연구원, 2016.
- K. Witkowski, "Internet of things, big data, industry 4.0-Innovative solutions in logistics and supply chains management," Procedia Engineering, Vol.182, pp.763-769, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2017.03.197
- L. M. Galindo, "The challenges of logistics 4.0 for the supply chain management and the information technology," Master Thesis, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, pp.1-84, 2016.
- M. Heutger and M. Kuckelhaus, "Logistics trend radar," DHL Customer Solutions & Innovation, 2016. http://www.dhl.com/en/about _us/logistics_insights/dhl_trend_research/trendr adar.html.
- D. Uckelmann, "A definition approach to smart logistics," Next Generation Teletraffic and Wired/Wireless Advanced Networking, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.5174, pp.273-284, 2008.
- World Economic Forum, "Impact of the fourth industrial revolution on supply chains," Oct., pp.1-22, 2017. http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_Impact_of_the_Fourth_Industrial_Revolution_on_Supply_Chains_.pdf.
- 김대진, "물류스타트업 기업의 부상과 시사점," Weekly KDB Report, 2016(10).
- ISO 9241-11, "Guidance on usability," International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Geneva, 1998.
- J. Nielsen, Usability Engineering, Morgan: Kaufmann, 1994.
- ISO 9126-2, "Software engineering-Product quality-Part 2: external metrics," International Organization for Standardization(ISO), Geneva, 2001.
- A. Seffah, M. Donyaee, R. B. Kline, and H. K. Padda, "Usability measurement and metrics: A consolidated model," Software Quality Journal, Vol.14, No.2, pp.159-178, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11219-006-7600-8
- D. Zhang and B. Adipat, "Challenges, methodologies, and issues in the usability testing of mobile applications," International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, Vol.18, No.3, pp.293-308, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327590ijhc1803_3
- A. Kekalainen, A. Kaikkonen, A. Kankainen, M. Cankar, and T. Kallio, "Usability testing of mobile applications: a comparison between laboratory and field testing," Journal of Usability Studies, Vol.1, No.1, pp.4-17, 2005.
- J. Heo, D. H. Ham, S. Park, C. Song, and W. C. Yoon, "A framework for evaluating the usability of mobile phones based on multi-level, hierarchical model of usability factors," Interacting with Computers, Vol.21, No.4, pp.263-275, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intcom.2009.05.006
- K. Kim, J. Jacko, and C. Salvendy, "Menu design for computers and cell phones: review and reappraisal," International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, Vol.27, No.4, pp.383-404, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1080/10447318.2011.540493
- F. Nayebi, J. M. Desharnais, and A. Abran, "The state of the art of mobile application usability evaluation," Electrical & Computer Engineering, 25th IEEE Canadian Conference, pp.1-5, April 29-May 2, 2012.
- R. Baharuddin, D. Singh, and R. Razali, "Usability dimensions for mobile applications-a review," Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Vol.5, No.6, pp.2225-2231, 2013.
- J. S. Lai and D. Zhang, "Extended thumb: a target acquisition approach for one-handed interaction with touch-screen mobile phones," IEEE Trans. Human Machine Systems, Vol.45, No.3, pp.362-370, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/THMS.2014.2377205
- J. Nielsen and R. Budiu, Mobile Usability, New Riders Press, 2012.
- V. Venkatesh, R. Aljafari, and H. Hoehle, "Leveraging Microsoft's mobile usability guidelines: Conceptualizing and developing scales for mobile application usability," International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, Vol.89, pp.35-53, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhcs.2016.02.001
- 정광재, 이보겸, 모바일 웹과 앱의 이용패턴 비교와 모바일 인터넷 서비스의 생태계, 정보통신정책연구원, 2016.
Supported by : 한국연구재단