- Volume 19 Issue 3
Smart devices have penetrated deeply into our daily lives. They have not only increased user convenience, but also changed the overall lifestyle of society. The objective of this study was to examine the change process of user experience through device classification and technology by generation. In order to achieve the objective, this study analyzed the purpose and pattern of using a device, which is a digital platform, and the input and output, which are the most important digital components for personal exclusiveness and interaction. The analysis results of this study showed that, in the past, the purpose of using a device was clear, a device was used in common, and a separate device was used for input and output. However, as devices evolved, users began to emphasize the fun aspect than the purpose of a device. As a result, personal exclusiveness has increased. Moreover, unlike devices in the past depending on separate input or output methods, devices are evolving to employ a method performing input and output using the five senses of people such as the touchscreen using a body part of a user, voice, and motion. This study evaluated how the overall experience of users, which was obtained through technology, has changed for each generation. Furthermore, this study proposed the future direction of device development by considering the user experience. It is believed that the results of this study will be useful for future studies on the overall experience of users who will use a range of smart devices, which will be released in the future.
User Experience;Smart Device;Digital Platform;Digital Component;Generational Change
- B. J. Pine and J. H. Gilmore, "Welcome to the experience economy," Harvard Business Review, Vol.76, pp.97-105, 1998.
- ISO 9241-210, in Ergonomics of human system interaction-Part 210: Human-centered design for interactive systems, International Organization for Standardization (ISO): Geneva, Switzerland, 2008.
- 정석길, 오인균, "범죄예방디자인(CPTED)개념을 적용한 UX 디자인에 관한 연구," 한국디지털디자인협의회, 제13권, 제1호, p.299, 2013.
- 김유지, B2B 환경에서 사용자 경험 디자인의 특징과 인식 : 국내 IT 서비스 산업을 중심으로, 국민대학교, 석사학위논문, p.11, 2016.
- 김진우, Human Computer Interaction 개론, 안그라픽스, p.24, 2012.
- www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/smart_1?q=smart, 2018.10.21.
- http://terms.tta.or.kr/dictionary/dictionaryView.do, 2018.10.21.
- 이경선, 김민식, 이경남, 신민호, 정연덕, 스마트 디바이스 제조산업의 발전방향 연구, 정보통신정책연구원, pp.21-25, 2013.
- 과학기술정보통신부 정보통신산업과, 산업통상자원부 전자부품과, K-ICT 스마트 디바이스 육성방안, 과학기술정보통신부, 산업통상자원부, p.2, 2015
- 전상건, "스마트 디바이스 산업 동향과 소비자 인식," 정보통신기술진흥센터 주간기술동향, 제1794호, pp.11-12, 2017.
- 박수경, "Iot의 지능형 아키텍쳐 요구사항 분석," Entrue Journal of Information Technology, 제13호, p.8, 2014.
- 김진우, Human Computer Interaction 개론, 안그라픽스, pp.359-361, 2012.
- 김진우, Human Computer Interaction 개론, 안그라픽스, p.366, 2012.
- 노승관, 오영미, "스마트 디바이스의 입력방식 유형별 연구 : iOS와 안드로이드 폰, 태블릿을 중심으로," 디자인지식저널, 제22권, p.161, 2012.
- 문미경, "부피 예측을 통한 IoT기반 쓰레기 수거관리 시스템," 한국차세대컴퓨팅학회, 제13권, 제1호, p.45, 2017.