- Volume 19 Issue 3
This study was systematic review to confirm the effects of the yoga on dysmenorrhea. Seven articles were extracted from the CINAHL, the Cochrane library, Embase, PsycINFO, PubMed, and Koreamed electronic databases. Menstrual pain intensity and duration, menstrual distress, QOL, anxiety, anger, and depression levels, homocysteine, TSH, FSH, LH, and prolactin levels were decreased significantly in the yoga group, compared with control group. These findings imply that yoga are a favorable intervention for dysmenorrhea.
Dysmenorrhea;Menstrual Pain;Yoga;Systematic Review
- M. Proctor and C. Farquhar, "Diagnosis and management dysmenorrhea," J. of British Medicine, Vol.332, No.13, pp.1134-1158, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.332.7550.1134
- H. F. Cheng, "Management of perimenstrual symptoms among young Taiwanese nursing students," J. of Clinical Nursing, Vol.20, No.7-8, pp.1060-1067, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2010.03592.x
- A. Osayande and S. Mehulic, "Diagnosis and initial management of dysmenorrhea," J. of American Familiy Physician, Vol.89, No.5, pp.341-346, 2014.
- Z. Rakhshaee, "Effect of three yoga poses (cobra, cat and fish poses) in women with primary dysmenorrhea: a randomized clinical trial," J. of Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecolgy, Vol.24, No.4, pp.192-196, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpag.2011.01.059
- M. Rani, U. Singh, G. G. Agrawal, S. M. Natu, S. Kala, A. Ghildiyal, and N. Srivastava, "Impact of Yoga nidra on menstrual abnormalities in females of reproductive age," J. of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, Vol.19, No.12, pp.925-929, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2010.0676
- S. H. Han, M. H. Hur, J. Buckle, J. Y. Choi, and M. S. Lee, "Effect of aromatherapy on symptoms of dysmenorrhea in college student: a randomized placebo-controlled clinical trial," J. of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, Vol.12, No.6, pp.535-541, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2006.12.535
- S. S. Saraswati, Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha, Bihar Yoga Bharati Pub, 1997.
- A. Ross and S. Thomas, "The Health Benefits and Exercise: A Review of Comparison Studies," J. of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, Vol.16, No.1, pp.3-12, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2009.0044
- V. Kuntsevich, W. C. Bushell, and N. D. Theise, "Mechanisms of Yogic Practices in Health, Aging, and Disease," Mount Sinai J. of Medicine, Vol.77, No.5, pp.559-569, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1002/msj.20214
- K. F. Schulz, D. G. Altman, D. Moher, and CONSORT Group, "CONSORT 2010 statement: updated guidelines for reporting parallel group randomized trials," J. of Clinical Epidemiology, Vol.63, No.8, pp.834-840, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2010.02.005
- J. P. Higgins and S. Green, "Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions, Ver. 5.1.0.," The Cochrane Collaboration 2011. Available from: https://training.cochrane.org/handbook, cited 2018.09.07.
- D. Moher, A. Liberati, J. Tetzlaff, D. G. Altman, and PRISMA Group, "Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement," Annals of Internal Medicine, Vol.151, pp.264-269, 2009. https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-151-4-200908180-00135
- A. R. Jadad, R. A. Moore, D. Carroll, C. Jenkinson, D. J. Reynolds, D. J. Gavaghan, and H. J. McQuay, "Assessing the quality of reports of randomized clinical trials: is blinding necessary?," Controlled Clinical Trials, Vol.17, No.1, pp.1-12, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0197-2456(95)00134-4
- 이승욱, "메타분석에 있어서 무작위 대조연구의 질 분석," Hanyang Medical Reviews, 제35권, pp.33-39, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7599/hmr.2015.35.1.33
- L. W. Chien, H. C. Chang, and C. F. Liu, "Effect of yoga on serum homocysteine and nitric oxide levels in adolescent women with and without dysmenorrhea," J. of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, Vol.19, No.1 pp.20-23, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2011.0113
- S. Kanojia, V. K. Sharma, A. Gandhi, R. Kapoor, A. Kukreja, and S. K. Subramanian, "Effect of yoga on autonomic functions and psychological status during both phases of menstrual cycle in young healthy females," J. of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, Vol.7, No.10, pp.2133-2139, 2013.
- N. Y. Yang and S. D. Kim, "Effects of a yoga program on menstrual cramps and menstrual dstress in udergraduate sudents with pimary dsmenorrhea: A sngle-bind, rndomized cntrolled tial," J. of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, Vol.22, No.9, pp.732-738, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2016.0058
- P. Yonglitthipagon, S. Muansiangsai, W. Wongkhumngern, W. Donpunha, R. Chanavirut, W. Siritaratiwat, L. Mato, W. Eungpinichpong, and T. Janyacharoen, "Effect of yoga on the menstrual pain, physical fitness, and quality of life of young women with primary dysmenorrhea," J. of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, Vol.21, No.4, pp.840-846, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbmt.2017.01.014
- M. Rani, U. Singh, A. Ghildiyal, S. Kala, and N. Srivastava, "Effect of Yoga Nidra on physiological variables in patients of menstrual distur-bances of reproductive age group," Indian J. of Physiology and Pharmacology, Vol.56, No.2, pp.161-167, 2012.
- Y. Sakuma, A. Sasaki-Otomaru, S. Ishida, Y. Kanoya, C. Arakawa, Y. Mochizuki, Y. Seiishi, and C. Sato, "Effect of a home-based simple yoga program in child-care workers: a randomized controlled trial," J. of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, Vol.18, No.8, pp.769-776, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2011.0080
- 정현정, 장인순, 박승미, "이혈요법이 여대생의 월경통, 월경곤란증 및 피부저항 변이도에 미치는 효과," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제12권, 제9호, 2012.
- 구본진, "건강행위 기반 월경전증후군 중재교육의 효과 -일 지역 여중생을 대상으로," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제14권, 제9호, 2014.