- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Indoor Particulate Matter Concentrations by Size at an Apartment House During Dusty-Day
황사 발생시 아파트 실내에서 미세먼지 크기별 농도 특성
Joo, Sang-Woo;Ji, Jun-Ho
- Received : 2019.03.25
- Accepted : 2019.03.29
- Published : 2019.03.31
It is recommended for the public to stay at home and to close the doors and windows when a high-particulate-matter environment such as a yellow sand event occurs outside. However, there are lack of empirical studies describing how much outdoor PM infiltrates into a closed house and how much indoor PM an inhabitant is exposed to during the period. In this study, the
Yellow sand (Asian dust);Apartment building;
- Back, J.M., Yee, S.W., Lee, B.H., Kang, D.H., Yeo, M.S., and Kim, K.W. (2015). A study on the relationship between the indoor and outdoor particulate matter concentration by infiltration in the winter, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, 31(9), 137-144.
- Bae, G.N., and Kim, J.B. (2017). Research trend on behavior and control of indoor aerosols, Journal of Odor and Indoor Environment, 16(2), 99-112. https://doi.org/10.15250/joie.2017.16.2.99
- Bang, J.I., Jo, S.M., and Sung, M.K. (2018). Analysis of infiltration of outdoor particulate matter into apartment buildings, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction, 34(1), 61-68.
- Choi, H. (2008). Characteristics of PM1, PM2.5, PM10 Concentrations in the influence of yellow sand event, 2008 Spring Conference of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, 391-394.
- Kang, D.H., and Choi, D.H. (2015). A preliminary study to evaluate the impact of outdoor dust on indoor air by measuring indoor/outdoor particle concentration in a residential housing unit, Journal of Korean Institute of Architectural Sustainable Environment and Building Systems, 9(6), 462-469.
- Kim, A.R., and Lee, B.K. (2006). A study on characteristics of particle size distribution of the asian dusts in Ulsan, Proceeding of the 43rd Meeting of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, 377-378.
- Kim, W.S., Lee, H.H., Jun, Y.S., and Choi, Y.J. (2007). Yellow sand and countermeasures against domestic and overseas, Urban Information Service of Korea Planning Association, 300(3), 3-19.
- Lee, B.K., Jun, N.Y., and Lee, H.K. (2004). Comparison of particulate matter characteristics before, during, and after Asian dust events in Incheon and Ulsan, Korea, Atmospheric Environment, 38, 1535-1545. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2003.12.021
- Myong, J. P. (2016). Health effects of particulate matter, The Korean Journal of Medicine, 91(2), 106-113. https://doi.org/10.3904/kjm.2016.91.2.106
- Wang, F., Zhao, X., Gerlein-Safdi, C., Mu, Y., Wang, D., and Lu, Qi. (2017). Global sources, emissions, transport and deposition of dust and sand and their effects on the climate and environment: a review, Frontiers of Environmental Science and Engineering, 11(1), 13.
Supported by : 한국연구재단