- Volume 27 Issue 1
As a domestic aviation industry has been growing continuously, the air traffic volume of en-route has increased rapidly to 2,300 a day. According to developing air navigation system including Performance Based Navigation(PBN), the manner of flights has diversified. Consequentially task of air traffic service has been increasing more and more and the organization of Air Traffic Service(ATC) established one Air traffic management Office(ATMO), extends to 3 Regional organization(Seoul, Busan, Jeju) and a number of air traffic controller exceeds 600. The purpose of this research is going to investigate the relationship between organization's safety climate and air traffic controller's safety behavior, In pursuing above, previous studies related to co-worker and supervisor's safety climate were examined for literature review. Based on this previous studies, research model was constructed. Hypothesis was verified by effect. Data from 209 samples was employed for final survey. The main results show that co-worker and supervisor's safety climate were meaningful factors to effect perceived Safety Behavior and safety knowledge, safety motivation were significantly and positive related to safety compliance.
Safety Climate;Co-work's Safety Climate;Supervisor's Safety Climate;Safety Behavior;Safety Motivation
- Brian H.W. Guo, Tak Wing Yiu, Vicent A. Gonzales, "Predicting safety behavior in the construction industry: Development and test of an integrative model", Safety Science, Vol. 84. pp. 2016. pp.1-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2015.11.020
- Margherita Brondino, Silvia A. Silva, Margherita pasini, "Multilevel approach to organizational and group safety climate and safety performance: Co-workers as the missing link", Safety Science, Vol. 50. 2012, pp. 1847-1856. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2012.04.010
- Christrian, M.S., Bradley, J.C., Burke, M.J., "Workplace safety: a meta-anaysis of the roles of person and situation factors.", Journal of Applied Psychology 94, 2009, pp.1103-1127. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0016172
- D. M. DeJoy, B. S Schaffer, M. G. Wilson, R. J. Vandenberg and M. M. Butts, 'Creating Safer Work-places: Assessing the Role and Determinants of Safety Climate", Journal of Safety Research, Vol. 35, 2004, pp.81-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsr.2003.09.018
- T.C. Wu, C. H. Chen and C. C. Li, "A Correlation among Safety Leadership, Safety Climate and Safety Performance", Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. Vol. 21, No. 3, 2008, pp. 307-318. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jlp.2007.11.001
- D. M. DeJoy, B. S Schaffer, M. G. Wilson, R. J. Vandenberg and M. M. Butts, "Creating Safer Work-places: Assessing the Role and Determinants of Safety Climate", Journal of Safety Research, Vol. 35, 2004, pp.81-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsr.2003.09.018
- S. A. Felknor, L. A. Aday, K. D. Burau, G. L. Delclos and A. 5. Kanpadia, "Safety Climate and its Association with Injuries and Safety Practices in Public Hospitals in Costarica'', International Journal of Occupational and Envionmcntal Health, Vol. 6, 2000, pp. 18-25. https://doi.org/10.1179/oeh.2000.6.1.18
- O. Siu., D. R. Phillips and T. Leung, "Safety Climate and Safety Performance among Construction Workers in Hong Kong: The Role of Psychological Strains as Mediators'', Accident Analysis and Prevention, 2004, pp. 359-366
- K. S. Kim and Y. S. Park. "The Effects of Safety Climate on Safety Behavior and Accident", Korean Journal of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Vol. 15. No. 1, 2002, pp. 19-39.
- D. A. Wiegmann, H. Zhang, T. Von Thaden, G. sharma and A. M. Gibbos, "Safety Culture: An Integrative Review", International Journal of Aviation Psychology, Vol. 14, No.2, ,2004, pp.117-134. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327108ijap1402_1
- Kwangsu Moon, Jaehee Lee, Shezeen Oah, "The Effects of Safety Leadership of Manager and Safety limate in the Organization on the Workers and, Safety Behaviors", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 28, No. 2. 2013, pp. 66-72.
- Margherita Brondino, Silvia A. Silva, Margherita pasini, "Multilevel approach to organizational and group safety climate and safety performance: Co-workers as the missing link", Safety Science, Vol. 50, 2012, pp. 1847-1856. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2012.04.010
- Seongeun Ha, Taehee Kim, Yeongju Na, " Study on Safety Climate Level of Construction Company depending on Business Scale in South Korea", Journal of the Korea Institute of building construction, Vol. 18, No. 1, 2008, pp.161-162.
- Seogwon Lee, Kwan-young Ahn, Eung-soon Choi "The Moderating Effect of Safety Climate on Relationship Between Transformational Leadership and Safety Performance: In the Army Transportation Service", The Journal of Humanities and Social science, Vol. 8, No. 5, 2017, pp.885-903.
- Oh jun Kwon, Seongweon Choe, Youngsun Kim "Man-Machine System Safety : A Study on the Evaluation of Safety Climate in the Service Industry", The Journal of Korean Safety, Vol. 25, No. 4, 2010, pp.76-83.
- Kwan-young Ahn, "The Relationship Between Safety Climate and Safety Performance, and the Moderating Effect of Age ", The Journal of Korean Safety, Vol. 20, No. 4, 2005, pp.122-129.
- Kwang su Moon, Jae Hee Lee, She Zeen Oah, "The Effects of Safety Leadership of Manager and Safety Climate in the Organization on the Workers' Safety Behaviors", The Journal of Korean Safety, Vol. 28, No. 2, 2013, pp.66-72.
- Dong pil Shin, Dong eun Lee, "The structural analysis between safety factors having an effect on the construction workers' behavior", The Korea Institute of Construction Engineering and Management(KJCEM) vol. 14, 2013, pp.101-114. https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2013.14.1.101