- Volume 27 Issue 1
The aviation demand forecast field has been actively studied along with the recent growth of the aviation market. In this study, the demand for domestic passenger demand and freight demand was estimated through cross-validation method. As a result, passenger demand is influenced by private consumption growth rate, oil price, and exchange rate. Freight demand is affected by GDP per capita, private consumption growth rate, and oil price. In particular, passenger demand is characterized by temporary external shocks, and freight demand is more affected by economic variables than temporary shocks.
aviation demand forecast;cross-validation;passenger demand;freight demand;temporary external shocks;economic variables
- Se-kyung, Seo, Byung-ho, Jung, Ik-ki, Kim. A Study on Estimating of Air Freight Demand using Regression Model. Journal of the Military Operations Research Society of Korea, 35(3), 2009, pp.1-15
- Young-hyuk, Lee, Min-young, Ryu, Seong-ho, Choi. A Study on Forecasting Air Transport Demand between South and North Korea. Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, 27(2), 2009, pp.83-91
- Se-young, Lee. Comparative study on the entrance of low cost carriers and the effects of air demand creation in Korea. Master's thesis, Seoul National University, 2017
- Him-chan, Cho, Dong-gi, Kwag, Kang-seok, Lee, Won-hyuck, Choi, Jung-pyo, Park, Seo-been, Kim. A Study on the Airline Demand Forecasting for Domestic Inland Using Linear Regression Analysis, The Society Aerospace System Engineering, SASE 2018 Spring Conference, 2018(1), 2018, pp.32-33
- Korea Transport Institute. Air Demand Forecast Analysis, 2012