- Volume 68 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Optimal Guidance of Guided Projectile for Range Maximization with Boundary Condition on Fin Deployment Timing
조종날개 전개시점 경계조건을 포함한 지능화 탄약의 사거리 최대화 유도 기법
- Received : 2018.11.30
- Accepted : 2018.12.24
- Published : 2019.01.01
In order for a gun-launched guided projectile to glide to the maximum range, when to deploy the fin and start flight with guidance and control should be considered in range optimization process. This study suggests a solution to the optimal guidance problem for flight range maximization of the flight model of a guided projectile in vertical plane considering the aerodynamic properties. After converting the nonlinear Multi-Phase Optimal Control Problem to Two-Point Boundary Value Problem, the optimized guidance command and the best fin deployment timing are calculated by the proposed numerical method. The optimization results of the multiple flight rounds with various initial velocity and launch angle indicate that determining specific launch condition incorporated with the guidance scheme is of importance in terms of mechanical energy consumption.
Optimal guidance;Optimal control;Guided projectile;Range maximization;Boundary condition;Mechanical energy;Cost of transport
- K. L. Teo, "A Computational Method for free time optimal control problems, with application to maximizing the range of an aircraft-like projectile", Journal of the Australian Mathematical Society. Series B, Vol. 28, pp. 393-413, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0334270000005476
- R. Burlisch, et al., "Combining direct and indirect methods in optimal control: Range maximization of a hang glider", ISNM International series of Numerical Mathematics, Vol. 111 (Optimal Control), pp. 273-288, 1993.
- M. Costello, "Range extension and accuracy improvement of an advanced projectile using canard control", Proceedings of AIAA atmospheric flight mechanics conference, Maryland, USA, pp. 324-331, 1995.
- M. Costello, "Range optimization of a fin stabilized projectile", Proceedings of AIAA atmospheric flight mechanics conference, New Orleans, LA, USA, pp. 659-699, 1997.
- M. Costello, "Extended range of a gun launched smart projectile using controllable canards", Shock and Vibration, Vol. 8, pp.203-213, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1155/2001/615748
- H. J. Kelley, et al., "Boost-glide range optimal guidance", Optimal Control Applications and Methods, Vol. 3, 1982.
- D. C. Zhang, et al., "An Approximate Optimal Maximum Range Guidance Scheme for Subsonic Unpowered Gliding Vehicles", International Journal of Aerospace Engineering, Vol. 2015, 2015.
- W. Yu and W. Chen, "Guidance scheme for glide range maximization of a hypersonic vehicle", Proceedings of the AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, Portland, Ore, USA, Vol. 6714, 2011.
- A. V. Rao, et al. "Numerical optimization study of multiple-pass aeroassisted orbital transfer", Optimal Control Applications and Methods, Vol. 23, pp. 215-238, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/oca.711
- M. Soler, et al., "Hybrid optimal control approach to commercial aircraft trajectory planning", Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, Vol. 33, pp. 985-991, 2010. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.47458
- M. Soler, et al., "Multiphase optimal control framework for commercial aircraft four-dimensional flight-planning problems", Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 52, pp. 274-286, 2015. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.C032697
- P. Bonami, et al., "Multiphase mixed-integer optimal control approach to aircraft trajectory optimization", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 36, pp. 1267-1277, 2013. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.60492
- H. Fukumoto, "A study on trajectory optimization for minimum-time formation of aircraft", Master Thesis, Yokohama National University, 2018.
- Q. Chen, et al., "Multiphase trajectory optimization for gun-launched glide guided projectiles", Journal of Aerospace Engineering, Vol. 230, pp. 995-1010, 2015.
- D. H. Bridges, "Thrust and drag models for performance calculations for high-speed aircraft", Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 45, No. 4, 2008.
- 加藤寛一郎, 工学的最適制御, 東京大学出版会, 東京, 1988.
- A. E. Bryson and Y. Ho, Applied Optimal Control, Tayler & Francis, pp. 221-228, 1975.
- G. Gabrielli and T. von Karman, "What price speed?", Mechanical Engineering ASME, 1950.