- Volume 68 Issue 1
This paper proposes an approach for measuring voltage of high voltage(HV) battery of plug-in hybrid electric vehicle(PHEV) and battery electric vehicle(BEV). The proposed methods use isolation resistor and isolation amplifier in order to measure high voltage which should be electrically separated from measuring circuit. In terms of practical applications their advantages and disadvantage are discussed and key design points are addressed by simulations. More importantly, the proposed methods are applicable to various applications such as on-board charger, inverter and battery management system (BMS) which are directly connected to HV battery in PHEV and BEV.
HV battery;PHEV;BEV;Isolation resistor;Isolation amplifier
- T. E. Conver, P. L. Corsell, D. W. Crane, et al.: "Electrification roadmap: revolutionizing transportation and achieving energy security", Electrification Coalition, 2009.
- T. Cleary, K. Sikes, Z. Lin, T. Sullivan, J. Ward, T. Gross: "Plug-in hybird electric vehicle market introduction study: final report", Oak Ridge Nat. Lab., 2010.
- Shreya Dey, Brian Caulfield, Bidisha Ghosh, "Potential health and economic benefits of banning diesel traffic in Dublin, Ireland", Journal of Transport & Health, 2018.
D. Min, "Vehicles and
$CO_2$", Journal of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, 40(8), pp. 45-48, 2018.
J. Hofmann, D. Guan, K. Chalvatzis, and H. Huo, "Assessment of electrical vehicles as a successful driver for reducing
$CO_2$emissions in China", Applied energy, 184, pp. 995-1003, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.06.042
- Gilberto Geraldo, "Differences between on board diagnostic systems (EOBD, OBD-II, OBD-BR1 and OBDBR2)", SAE Technical Paper Series, 2006.
- I. Hwang, M. Park, C. Oh, M. Kim, and B. Lee, "Comparison of Battery Protection System for Eco-Friendly Vehicles", KIEE Conference, pp. 345-347, 2012.
- W. Taylor, G. Krithivasan, and J. J. Nelson, "System safety and ISO 26262 compliance for automotive lithium-ion batteries", IEEE Symposium on Product Compliance Engineering Proceedings, pp. 1-6, 2012.
- D. G. Woo, D. M. Joo, and B. K. Lee, "On the feasibility of integrated battery charger utilizing traction motor and inverter in plug-in hybrid electric vehicles", IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 30(12), pp. 7270-7281, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2015.2396200
- TINA[Online], Available: http://www.ti.com/tool/TINA-TI?keyMatch=tina&tisearch=Search-EN-Everything