- Volume 31 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Load & Resistance Factors Calibration for Limit State Design of Non-Perforated Caisson Breakwater
직립무공케이슨방파제 한계상태설계를 위한 하중저항계수 보정
- Kim, Dong Hyawn (School of Architecture and Coastal Construction Engineering, Kunsan National University)
- 김동현 (군산대학교 건축해양건설융합공학부)
- Received : 2019.10.30
- Accepted : 2019.12.10
- Published : 2019.12.31
Load resistance factors for the limit state design of vertical caisson breakwaters are presented. Reliability analysis of 16 breakwaters in nationwide ports was conducted to calculate the partial safety factors and they were converted into load and resistance factors. The final load resistance factor was calibrated by applying the optimization technique to the individually calculated load resistance factors. Finally, the breakwater was redesigned using the optimal load resistance factor and verified whether the target level was met. The load resistance factor according to the change of the target reliability level is presented to facilitate the limit state design of breakwater.
Grant : 재해안전항만 구축기술 개발
Supported by : 해양수산과학기술진흥원
- Kim, D.H. (2019). Code Calibration of Load Resistance Factor for Limit State Design of Vertical Breakwater Caisson. Proceedings of Korean Society of Coastal & Ocean Engineers 2019 (in Korean).
- Japanese Harbor Society. (2018). Harbor Facilities Design Code and Commentaries.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs. (2011). Standards for Reliability Based Design of Harbor Structures.
- Ministry of Maritime Affairs. (2014). Design Code for Harbor & Fishery Port.
- PIANC. (1992). Analysis of rubble mound breakwaters.
- US Army Corp. Engineers (2006). Coastal Engineering Manual (CEM), Chapter 6: Reliability based design of coastal structures.