- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Plastic deformation Absorption Characteristics of Aluminum-Polyethylene Composite Structure Sprinkler Pipe
알루미늄 합성수지 복합 구조 스프링클러 파이프의 변위 흡수 특성 연구
Kim, Jun-Gon;Kim, Kwang-Beom;Noh, Sung-Yeo
- Received : 2018.11.29
- Accepted : 2019.01.04
- Published : 2019.01.31
After an earthquake, fire and gas explosions are more likely to cause more casualties in cities with many apartment buildings and large complex buildings. In order to prevent this, seismic design is necessary for the fire protection sprinkler system. However, most systems currently use stainless-steel pipes, although synthetic resin pipes are used in some special places. These materials are susceptible to vibration and earthquakes. This study evaluated the displacement absorption flexibility of polyethylene (PE) and aluminum (Al) multi-layered composite pipes to increase the seismic performance in a vibration environment and during earthquakes. The seismic performance was compared with that of a stainless-steel and PE pipes. The seismic characteristics can be measured by measuring the amount and extent of vibration transmitted by the sprinkler pipe. This method can be used to judge the seismic characteristics to attenuate the vibration during an earthquake. The seismic characteristics of the pipe were verified by comparing the logarithmic attenuation rate to the initial response displacement of the vibration generated by the transverse vibration measurement method.
Deformation absorption;Fittings;Piping;Seismic Design;Sprinkler
- Jong-Bu Kim, "A Base Study & Appliance Design of Against Damage to Earthquakes For Sprinkler System" University of seoul, pp 2-6, 2011.
- Man-Sung Hur, "A Study on Seismic Design in the Piping of Water-Based Fire Protection System" Korean Institute Of Fire Science & Engineering, 11, pp. 89-90, 2011.
- Hye-Young Lee, "A Study on the Amelioration Plan of Earthquake Resistant Design of Sprinkler System Piping" Kyonggi University, pp. 13-17, 2016.
- Min-ju Nam, Seung-hee Park, Dong-jun Kim, Jong-ku Yoon, and Choon-gyo Seo "Seismic Performance Evaluation of Sprinkler Facilites throughout Shaking Table Test", Korean Institute Of Fire Science & Engineering, 05, pp. 54-57, 2012.
- Ministry of Public Safety and Security, Explanation of Seismic Design Standards for Fire-Fighting Facilities in 2016, p.50-51, National Emergency Management Agency-Fire Prevention Division, 2016.
- David Porter, Kenneth Easterling, Mohamed Sherif, Phase Transformations in Metals&Alloys, 3rd edition, p.363-366, Kyobobook, 2010.
- George E. Dieter, Mechanical Metallurgy, p.110-112, Huijungdang, 1990.
- Ministry of Knowledge Economy Technical Standard Director, Test Methods for Vibration-damping Property in Laminated Damping Steel Sheets of Constrained Type, p.1-9, Korean Standards Association, 2002.
Supported by : 산업기술평가관리원(KEIT)