- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Chuna Manual Therapy Alone for Cervicogenic Dizziness: A Systematic Review
추나 단독 치료의 경추성 현훈에 대한 효과: 체계적 문헌 고찰
- Shin, Seon-Ho (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Wonsuk University) ;
- Min, Kyung-Jin (Na-Num Long-Term Care Hospital) ;
- Kim, Eui-Byeol (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Wonsuk University) ;
- Ha, Won-Bae (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Wonkwang University) ;
- Ko, Youn-Seok (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Wonsuk University)
- 신선호 (우석대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 민경진 (나눔요양병원) ;
- 김의별 (우석대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 하원배 (원광대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학교실) ;
- 고연석 (우석대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실)
- Received : 2018.12.11
- Accepted : 2019.01.02
- Published : 2019.01.31
Objectives The purpose of this study is to provide an evidence base for the effectiveness of Chuna manual therapy (CMT) alone for cervicogenic dizziness. Methods We conducted a search up to October 2018 in 7 electronic databases. The randomized controlled trials (RCTs) that performed CMT for cervicogenic dizziness were included. The risk of bias was assessed using the Cochrane risk of bias tool. Results Ten RCTs met the inclusion criteria. The meta-analysis of 4 RCTs showed favorable results for the use of CMT alone compared to medication. Conclusions In 10 RCTs, we found that CMT was effective in cervicogenic dizziness. However, most of the included RCTs were unclear risk of bias. Therefore, well designed RCTs would be needed to obtain the stronger evidence level of CMT for cervicogenic dizziness.
- Department of Simgye Internal Medicine in National University of Korean Medicine. Cardiology, Neurology of Korean Medicine. 4th ed. Seoul:Gunja Publisher. 2010:388.
- Wrisley DM, Sparto PJ, Whitney SL, Furman JM. Cervicogenic dizziness: a review of diagnosis and treatment. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2000;30(12):755-66. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.2000.30.12.755
- Ahn JL, Lee IS. Treatment of cervicogenic vertigo by general coordinative manipulation: two cases report. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2001;11(1):281-7.
- Hwang DG, Kim EJ, Choi KH, Heo SJ, Youn DW. A case report on a patient with cervical vertigo who improved with a combination of Korean Medicine treatments. J Int Korean Med. 2017;38(3):392-400. https://doi.org/10.22246/jikm.2017.38.3.392
- Higgins JPT, Green S. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions. Version 5.1.0 [Internet] 2011 [cited 2018 Nov 20]. Available from: URL: http://crtha.iums.ac.ir/files/crtha/files/cochrane.pdf.
- Shen M. An analysis of treating 128 cases of cervical vertigo by massage plus cervical traction. Clinical Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2017;9(17):41-2.
- Shao X, Tian J, Yin S. 47 cases of cervical vertigo treated with Chuna combined with exercise therapy. Zhejiang Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2016;51(1):46.
- Xue L, Luo Y, Chen S, Wu J. Clinical effect of flexible tendon manipulation on cervical vertigo. Chin J of Clinical Rational Drug Use. 2016;9(3):132-3.
- Wei W, Wang C. Clinical observation of 30 cases of cervical vertigo treated by Chuna. Chinese Journal of Ethnomedicine and Ethnopharmacy. 2014;3:75-7.
- Lei P. Clinical analysis of Chuna treatment of cervical vertigo. Inner Mongolia Chinese Medicine. 2013;35:45-6.
- Yan W, He J. The cinical efficacy of Chuna for cervical vertigo. Chinese Manipulation and Qi Gong Therapy. 2008; 24(1):22-3. https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.1008-1879.2008.01.011
- Zuo S, Chen L. Clinical observation of 45 cases of cervical vertigo treated by chuna. Fujian Med J. 2008;30(4):131-2. https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.1002-2600.2008.04.078
- Song H. The clinical efficacy of Chuna treatment for cervical vertigo. JCAM 2007;23(3):40-1.
- Ji Q, Chen P. The short-term efficacy of Chuna treatment for cervical vertigo. Liaoning Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2006;33(6):734-5. https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.1000-1719.2006.06.082
- Wang Q, Zeng Q, Gao A. The Chuna treatment for cervical vertigo in 34 cases. Shandong Medicine. 2002;42(36):45.
- The Korean Society of Oriental Neuropsychiatry Textbook Compilation Committee. Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 1st ed. Paju:Jipmoondang. 2011:290.
- Kim JY, Kim WH, Lee JS, Oh HM, Kim DW, Choi DJ. The diagnosis and treatment of the cervical vertigo. Korean J Otorhinolaryngol-Head Neck Surg. 2015;58(3):177-81. https://doi.org/10.3342/kjorl-hns.2015.58.3.177
- Ryan GM, Cope S. Cervical vertigo. Lancet. 1955;269(6905):1355-8.
- Bracher ES, Almeida CI, Almeida RR, Duprat AC, Bracher CB. A combined approach for the treatment of cervical vertigo. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2000;23(2):96-100. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0161-4754(00)90074-5
- Brandt T, Bronstein AM. Cervical vertigo. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2001;71(1):8-12. https://doi.org/10.1136/jnnp.71.1.8