- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Case Report of Korean Medical Treatment including Chuna on Post-operative State of Cervical Spine
전방경유 경추간판 제거 및 유합술 시행 환자에 대한 추나 치료를 포함한 한의학적 치료 치험 1예
- Jo, Dong-Chan (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Cheongju Oriental Medicine Hospital, Daejeon University)
- 조동찬 (대전대학교 청주한방병원 한방재활의학과)
- Received : 2018.12.17
- Accepted : 2019.01.04
- Published : 2019.01.31
The purpose of this study is to report the effects of korean medical treatment including chuna after cervical surgery. We used acupuncture, chuna manual therapy, herbal medication on this patient and measured neck disability index (NDI) score, numerical rating scale (NRS) and cervical range of motion (ROM) to evaluate the treatment effects. Patient's NDI score and neck and upper extremity pain NRS were decreased and cervical ROM was increased.
- The Society of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. Korean Rehabilitation Medicine. 4th ed. Paju:Koonja Publishing. 2015:62-5.
- Statistics Korea. National Health Insurance Corporation, Statistics of Surgical Opertions Covered by NHI, Operation by Age/Gender/Type of Opertaion/Type of Medical Insti tution per 100,000 people (2006-2016) [Internet] 2017 [cited 2017 Nov 30]. Available from: URL: http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do?orgId=350&tblId=TX_35004_A015&conn_path=I2.
- Brotzman SB, Manske RC. Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation: An Evidence-Based Approach. 3rd ed. St. Louis:Mosby 2012:129-35, 371-420, 491-8.
- Park YH, Woo YC. Postoperative pain management. J Korean Med Assoc. 2015; 58(11):1011-8. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2015.58.11.1011
- Kim T R, K im Y J, Woo CH. 45 cases report o f Korean Medicine Rehabilitation after surgery. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2017;27(1):83-9. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2017.27.1.83
- Kim BJ, Shin BC, Hwang MS, Shin KM, Heo I, Lim KT, Park IH, Son DW, Hwang EH. An integrative care model of clinical pathway approach for acute pain after back surgery: a protocol for clinical trial. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2017;27(4):111-9. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2017.27.4.111
- Song MY, Jo HG, Sul JU, Leem JT. Proposal of east-west integrative medicine manual for rehabilitation after lumbar spine surgery. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2018;28(4):59-69. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2018.28.4.59
- Hong SS, Jin ES. The case report of conservative treatment on failed back surgery syndrome. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine for Spine and Nerves. 2009;4(2):163-72.
- Lee GJ, Lee BY, Song YK, Lim HH. The case report of conservative treatment on failed back surgery syndrome. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine for Spine and Nerves. 2008;3(1):9-18.
- Korean Acupuncture and Moxibustion Society Textbook Compilation Committee. The Acupuncture and Moxibustion Medicine. 3rd ed. Paju:Jipmoondang. 2008:59, 64-5, 429-35.
- Korean Society of Chuna Manual Medicine for spine and nerves. Chuna Manual Medicine. 2.5th ed. Seoul:Korean Society of Chuna Manual Medicine for spine and nerves. 2017:4, 38, 125, 163, 275-82.
- Kim DH, Sakong JW, Kang CW, Lee SH, Ha JW, Kim BK. A study on homogeneity analysis of the Guipi decoction for treatment of insomnia disorder-focusing on randomized controlled clinical trials in CNKI. J of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2018;29(3):145-63. https://doi.org/10.7231/JON.2018.29.3.145
- The Korean Orthopaedic Association. Orthopaedics. 2nd ed. Seoul:ChoiSin medical Publishing Co. 2002:431-55.
- You JW, Sohn HM, Lee JY, Lee CG. The correlation between radiographic and clinical results after anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. Journal of Korean Spine Surg. 2006;13(2):81-6. https://doi.org/10.4184/jkss.2006.13.2.81
- Kim YT, Baek DH, Lee CS, Lee DH, Hwang CJ, Sohn DW. Prevalence and risk factor of degenerative disease of adjacent segment after anterior cervical arthrodesis. J Korean Soc Spine Surg. 2010;17(1):1-6. https://doi.org/10.4184/jkss.2010.17.1.1
- Sahrmann S. Movement system impairment syndrome of the extremities, cervical and thoracic spines. 1st ed. Seoul:Elsevier Korea. 2011:1-2, 50-2, 61-2.
- Black KM, McClure P, Polansky M. The influence of different sitting positions on cervical and lumbar posture. Spine. 1996;21(1):65-70. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-199601010-00015
- Takasaki H, Hall T, Kaneko S. Cervical segmental motion induced by shoulder abduction assessed by magnetic resonance imaging. Spine. 2009;34(3):122-6. https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0b013e31818a26d9
- Donatelli R, Owens-Burckhart H. Effects of immobilization on the extensibility of periarticular connective tissue. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 1981;3(2):67-72. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.1922.214.171.124
- Lee EW, Shin WS, Jung KS, Chung YJ. Reliability and validity of the neck disability index in neck pain patients. Physical Therapy Korea. 2007;14(3):97-103.
- Wall PD, Melzack R. Textbook of Pain. 1st ed. Seoul: Jungdam Publication. 2002:483-4.
- Pool JJ, Ostelo RW, Hoving JL, Bouter LM, de Vet HC. Minimal clinically important change of the Neck Disability Index and the Numerical Rating Scale for patients with neck pain. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2007;32(26):3047-51. https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0b013e31815cf75b
- Lee KJ, Park CH, Lee YJ, Lee JH, Cho JH, Park TY, Yang NR, Hwang EH, Song YK. Trends of Korean Medicine treatment after musculoskeletal disorder surgery: a literatural review. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2017;27(3):61-70. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2017.27.3.61