- Volume 33 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study on Hydraulic Performance of Perforated Caisson Breakwater with Turning Wave Blocks
회파블록케이슨 방파제의 수리학적 성능에 관한 실험적 연구
- Kim, In-Chul (Division of Architecture & Civil Enginceering, Dongseo University) ;
- Park, Ki-Chul (Division of Architecture & Civil Enginceering, Dongseo University)
- Received : 2018.11.01
- Accepted : 2018.12.13
- Published : 2019.02.28
Recently, a perforated caisson breakwater with turning wave blocks was developed to improve the water affinity and public safety of a rubble mound armored by TTP. In this study, hydraulic model tests were performed to examine the hydraulic performance of a non-porous caisson and new caisson breakwater with perforated blocks for attacking waves in a small fishery harbor near Busan. The model test results showed that the new caisson was more effective in dissipating the wave energy under normal wave conditions and in reducing the wave overtopping rates under design wave conditions than the non-porous caisson. It was found that the horizontal wave forces acting on the perforated caisson were slightly larger than those on the non-porous caisson because of the impulsive forces on the caisson with the turning wave blocks.
Non-porous caisson;Turning wave blocks caisson;Reflection coefficients;Wave overtopping rates;Wave forces
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Goda, Y., 1974. New Wave Pressure Formula for Composite Breakwater. Proceedings of 14th International Conference Coastal Engineering, ASCE, 1702-1720.
- Goda, Y., Suzuki, Y., 1976. Estimation of Incident and Reflected Waves in Random Wave Experiments. Proceedings of 15th International Conference Coastal Engineering, Honolulu, 828-845.
- Goda, Y., 1985. Random Seas and Design Martime Structure. University of Tokyo Press, 323.
- Jarlan, G.E., 1961. A Perforated Vertical Wall Breakwater. The Dock and Harbor Authority, 12(486), 394-398.
- Kim, I.C., Lee, H.T., 2000. An Experimental Study on the Hydraulic Performance of Wave Dissipating Quay Walls. Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers, 12(4), 195-202.
- Kim, I.C., Park, K.C., 2018. Impact Load on Perforated Wall Breakwater with Turning Wave Blocks. Proceedings of Joint Conference of Korean Association of Ocean Science and Technology Societies, 120-123.
- Martin, F.L., Losada, M.A., Medina, R., 1999. Wave Loads on Rubble Mound Breakwater Crown Walls. Coastal Engineering, 37, 149-174. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-3839(99)00019-8
- Oh, S.H., Ji, C.H., Oh, Y.M., Jang, S.C., Lee, D.S., 2014. Comparision of Maximum Horizontal Wave Force Acting on Perforated Cassion Breakwater with Single and Double Chamber. Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers, 26(5), 335-341. https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2014.26.5.335 https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2014.26.5.335
- Oh, Y.M., Lee, D.S., 1998. Hydraulic Experiment for the Characteristics of Wave Forces Acting on the Mixed Type Breakwater Cassion. Journal of the Korean Society and Civil Engineers, 18(II-4), 359-364.
- Takahashi, S., Shimosako, K., 1994. Wave Pressure on a Perforated Wall Cassion. Proceedings of the International Conference on Hydro-Technical Engineering for Port and Harbour Construction, Yokosuka, 747-764.
- Tanimoto, K., Yoshimoto, Y., 1982. Theoretical and Experiment Study of Reflection Coefficient for Wave Disssipating Caisson with a Permeable Front Wall. Report of the Port and Harbor Research Institute, 21(3). 44-77.