- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
An Intensive Review On Clinical Thesis about Hwangryunhaedok-tang Pharmacopuncture Treatment: Focused on Case Reports and Controlled Studies in Korean Academic Journals
황련해독탕약침 치료에 대한 임상 논문 고찰: 국내 학술지의 증례보고와 대조군 연구 중심으로
- Lee, Soo-Hwan (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Semyung University Jecheon Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Kim, Soon-Joong (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Semyung University Jecheon Korean Medicine Hospital)
- Received : 2019.03.13
- Accepted : 2019.04.02
- Published : 2019.04.30
Objectives The purpose of this thesis is to compare and analyze outcomes of case studies and controlled studies about Hwangryunhaedok-tang (HHT) pharmacopuncture in clinical studies. Based on these studies reporting clinical effects by using HHT pharmacopuncture, we object to deduct the comparative review in applying clinical disorders limitedly. And conclusionally, by using this comparative review, we aim to make the fine evidence in treating clinical specific diseases. Methods We searched 106 studies about HHT pharmacopuncture from 6 Korean web databases by using in Korean word 'Hwangryunhaedok-tang pharmacopuncture'. This search had been progressed throughout 1 month (January, 2019). There was 106 thesis and we excluded studies that are not related to HHT pharmacopuncture, experimental research, not the case report or randomized controlled trials, non-randomized controlled trials, not using HHT pharmacopuncture, not using only one pharmacopuncture, and not using HHT pharmacopuncture for major treating method. As a result, 39 thesis are selected as a population. Results We analyzed 34 case reports and 5 controlled studies. As the final outcome, HHT pharmacopuncture was used in musculoskeletal diseases, dermatopathy, and 32 specific diseases. Conclusions After analyzing 39 studies, effective symptom changes clinically and statistically by using HHT pharmacopuncture herbal acupuncture were identified. However, these thesis designs were reported deficiently in many parts such as not excluding other confounding variables. After modifying defects of thesis design and conduct study, it can play a role as the evidence using HHT pharmacopuncture more precisely.
Supported by : 세명대학교
- Park HS, Kim MC, Kim SY, Seo YW, Seo YH, Lee SM, Lee Sw, Kim KO, Kim TH. Korean medical treatment for improving symptoms of four patients diagnosed with grade II lumbar spondylolisthesis. The Acupuncture. 2014;31(2):153-61. https://doi.org/10.13045/acupunct.2014033
- Kim JS, Kim YJ, Hong JR, Kim MC, Park HS, Kim SY, Seo YW, Lee SM, Seo YH, Kim KO, Kim TH. Effects of integrative Korean medical treatment for a failed epidural steroid injections to L-spine disk herniation: a retrospective case series. The Acupuncture. 2015;32(4):203-11. https://doi.org/10.13045/acupunct.2015075
- Korean Pharmacopuncture Institute Science Committee. Pharmacopucture. 2nd ed. Seoul:Elsvier Korea. 2008:3-8, 163-80, 259-420.
- Heo J. Dongeuibogam. 1st ed. Seoul:Bubinbooks. 2005:2073.
- Kim SY, Park HS, Kim MC, Seo YW, Seo YH, Lee SM, Kim KO, Kim TH. Effects of Korean medical combination treatment for herniated intervertebral lumbar disc patients: an observational study. The Acupuncture. 2014; 31(4):21-8. https://doi.org/10.13045/acupunct.2014050
- Yang TJ, Lee JH, Kim SW, Jeong JY, Wei TS. 25 cases of facial paralysis inpatients by Korean medical treatment with Hwangryunhaedok-tang pharmacopuncture. Korean Journal of Acupuncture. 2014;31(4):229-33. https://doi.org/10.14406/acu.2014.027
- Lee JH, Jo DC, Moon SJ, Kong JC, Park TY, Ko YS, Song YS, Lee JH. Narrative review of clinical trial on hominis placenta pharmacopuncture in Korean literature. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2012;22(3):79-88.
- Jo DC, Lee JH, Kim CG, Jung WS, Moon SJ, Park TY, Lee JH. Narrative review of clinical trial on scolopendrid pharmacopuncture in Korean literature. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2013;23(4):73-82.
- Lee SH, Yoon JW, Kim SJ. A comparative review on carthmi-flos pharmacopuncture treatment - focused on clinical study. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2017;27(4):55-65. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2017.27.4.55
- Yoon JW, Kim SJ. A review of clinical study on Jungsongouhyul pharmacopuncture treatment published in Korea. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2017;27(4):75-84. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2017.27.4.75
- Jung MY, Kim MJ, Kim DS, Park YH, Kim JH, Park SY, Choi JH. Pityriasis rosea: report of 1 case treated by oriental medicine. The Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology. 2007;20(3): 268-75.
- Cho JY, Kim YJ, Kim EJ, Lee SD, Kim KS. The effects of Hwangryunhaedok-tang pharmacopuncture by the anti-inflammatory action of suppression of iNOS production on mice with allergic rhinitis. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture and Moxibustion Society. 2012; 29(1):97-100.
- Yu JS, Kim JU, Lee CH, Lee SR, Yook TH. The effects of lonicerae flos, forsythiae fluctus and Hwangryunhaedok decoction pharmacopuncture on atopic dermatitis in NC/Nga mice. The Acupuncture. 2015;32(4):119-31. https://doi.org/10.13045/acupunct.2015067
- Lee SH, Park KM, Cho SH, Youn DH, Yang SJ. The effect of Hwangyeonhaedok-tang pharmacopuncture on ST25 in rats with dextran sulfate sodium(DSS)-induced colitis. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2016;29(1):1-11.
- Hwang DS, Kim HG, Kim TM, Lee TH, Oh MS. The effect of Hwangryunhaedok-tang on the c-fos level in mice exposed to heat stress. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2014;27(3):1-10.
- Ahn CH, Park CS, Choi SY. A case of Behcet’s syndrome. Journal of Oriental Chronic Disease. 2002;8(1):92-8.
- Je JT, Lee SK. The clinical pilot study of Hwangryunhaedok-tang pharmacopuncture therapy on post-stroke depression. Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2010;13(2):67-73. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2010.13.2.067
- Jang HH, Lee DY, Lee SH, Kang HW, Lyu YS. Clinical studieis on Hwangryunhaedoktang herbal acupuncture therapy on headache. The Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2003;6(1):52-60. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2003.6.1.052
- Lee JS, Lee SJ, Nam JH, Kim KW, Lee MJ, Lim SJ, Jun JY, Song JH. The comparative study on the effect of pharmacopuncture treatment, Chuna treatment, pharmacopuncture - Chuna cooperative treatment for neck pain caused by traffic accidents. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture and Moxibustion Society. 2012;29(5):87-95.
- Kim HK, Youn HM, Ahn CB. Clinical studies on Hwangryunhaedoktang herbal-acupuncture therapy on functional headache. The Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2006;9(3):131-8. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2006.9.3.131
- Lee YC, Nam DJ, Huh G, Lee JE, Kim B, Song EM, Lee EJ, Lee JM, Oh MS. The comparative study on the effect of Hwangryunhaedoktang pharmacopuncture and essential bee venom pharmacopuncture for cervical pain caused by traffic accidents: a randomized controlled trial. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2014;24(4):145-53.
- Kim YJ, Kim TR, Woo CH, Shin BC. Comparative effectiveness of Hwangryunhaedok-tang pharmacopuncture, essential bee venom pharmacopuncture and Jungsongouhyul pharmacopuncture for cervical pain caused by traffic accidents: a retrospective observational study. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2018;28(2):83-9. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2018.28.2.83
- Lee JH, Yang TJ, Kim SW, Jeong JY, Ma YH, Oh JS, Choi JW, Lee EJ, Wei TS. Efficacy between Hwangryunhaedoktang pharmacopuncture therapy and Hominis placenta pharmacopuncture therapy on peripheral facial paralysis: retrospective comparison study. Korean Journal of Acupuncture. 2015;32(4):199-207. https://doi.org/10.14406/acu.2015.023
- Shin MS, Choi SW. Pharmacopuncturology in Muscuskeletal Disease. 1st ed. Goyang:Gaonhaemedia. 2015:3-5.
- Hwang DY, Bangyakhappyun. 2nd ed. Seoul:Yeonglim Publishing Inc. 2011:264.
- Kim SG, Kim SJ, Jeong HH, Kim JH, Kim DH, Park SH, Yang SB, Kim JH, Jo EH, Kim SC, Nam GC. Comparison study for effects of pharmacopunctures of GB40 on weight bearing ratio in grade III ankle sprain model. The Acupuncture. 2014;31(2):11-9. https://doi.org/10.13045/acupunct.2014020
- Lee SE, Yoon HJ, Ko WS. A case of pemphigus vulgaris with generalized pruritus. The Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology. 2016;29(2): 112-22. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2016.29.2.112
- Seo YW. Park HS, Kim MC, Kim SY, Seo YH, Lee SM, Kim YJ, Hong JR, Kim JS, Kim KO, Kim TH. Korean medicinal combination treatments for failed back surgery syndrome: a retrospective case series. The Acupuncture. 2015;32(2):217-27. https://doi.org/10.13045/acupunct.2015032
- Seo YH, Lee JR, Lee SM, Kim MC, Kim YJ, Hong JR, Kim SY, Seo YW, Kim JS, Park HS, Lee MH, Kim TH, Kim KO. Non-operative Korean medicine treatment for four patients with failed back surgery syndrome after spinal fusion surgery: a retrospective case series. J Korean Med. 2016;37(2):93-103. https://doi.org/10.13048/jkm.16025
- Kim HY, Hong SH, Park IH, Shin SH, Kwon YM. Twenty-two case of acne treated by Hwangryunhaedok-tang pharmacopuncture therapy combined with herbal medicine and extrusion. The Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology. 2015;28(3): 114-25. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2015.28.3.114
- Jo HR, Kim NE, Min HB, Jee SY. 23 cases of eczema with oozing treated by Hwanggigyejiomul-tang. The Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology. 2017;30(2):126-34. https://doi.org/10.6114/JKOOD.2017.30.2.126
- Hong CH. Two cases of seborrheic dermatitis treated by Hwangryunhaedok-tang pharmacopuncture therapy. The Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology. 2012;25(2):68-75. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2012.25.2.068
- Heo JW, Eon TM, Oh JM, Choi KE, Kim HT, Seol IC, Kim YS, Yoo HR, Jo HK. Three cases of pressure ulcer treated with Hwangryunhaedok-tang pharmacopuncture and jaungo. J Int Korean Med. 2015;36(3):419-26.
- Lee CW, Park IB, Kim SW, Ahn CB, Song CH, Jang KJ, Kim CH, Youn HM. The clinical study on chronic conjunctivitis or xerophthalmia treated with the Hwangryunhaedock-tang herbal acupuncture therapy. The Korean Journal of Meridian and Meridian and Acupoint. 2003;20(4):77-84.
- Cho GI, Kim JU, Lee YJ, Rhim EK, Shin SH, Kim DW, Hong SH, Joo JC. Two cases of chest heating sensation treated by Hwangryunhaedok-tang herbal-acupuncture. The Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2003;6(2):127-35. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2003.6.2.127
- Hong SJ, Kang JH, Jo SE, Kim YJ, Lee H. The case report of piriformis muscle syndrome diagnosed by MRI treated with Hwangryunhaedok-tang pharmacopuncture therapy. The Journal of Sports Korean Medicine. 2014; 14(2):35-44.
- Park BY, Kim SM, Kim JY, Lee JS, Han SW. Two case reports of Osgood-Schlatter disease improved with integrative Korean medical treatment including Hwangryunhaedok-tang pharmacopuncture. The Journal of Sports Korean Medicine. 2014;13(2):35-42.
- Lee HC, Choi JH, Kim JH, Jeong MY, Park SY. A case report of psoriasis treated with traditional Korean medicine including SaengRyoSaMultang-Gamibang and Hwangryunhaedok-tang herbal-acupuncture. The Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology. 2018;31(1):106-16. https://doi.org/10.6114/JKOOD.2018.31.1.106
- Huh YS, Park SE, Kim CH, Han DN. Two cases of Herpes Zoster, treated with Hwangryunhaedoktang herbal acupuncture. The Journal of Korean Oriental Medical Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology and Dermatology. 2007;20(2):240-6.
- Kim HH, Choi JH, Park SY, Kim JH, Jung MY, Lim KM, Kang BS, Song YR, Kwak MK. A clinical case report of chronic urticaria treated with Gagamtongcheong-san. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2016; 29(4):189-98. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2016.29.4.189
- Lee SH, Lee SK, Hong HJ, Lee CW, Jang YW. A case report of cholinergic urticaria patient using oriental medical treatment with melonis calyx vomiting therapy. Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology. 2017;30(3):220-30. https://doi.org/10.6114/JKOOD.2017.30.3.220
- Kim JS, Park SY. A case of alopecia areata treated with Korean medical treatment. Official Journal of The Korean Medicine Society For The Herbal Formula Study. 2016; 24(2):124-30.
- Yoon HJ. A case study of androgenetic alopecia in woman improved by pharmacopuncture therapy and needle-embedding therapy. Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology. 2014;27(3): 162-70. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2014.27.3.162
- Kim J S, P ark SY, Choi CW, K im K S, K im KO, Wei TS, Yang SJ. A case of allergic contact dermatitis treated with Korean medicine. The Journal of the Society of Korean Medicine Diagnostics. 2015;19(2):115-24.
- Eom YJ, Hong CH. A case of occupational allergic contact dermatitis caused by mortar. Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology. 2014;27(4):209-20. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2014.27.4.209
- Lim KM, Choi JH, Park SY, Kim JH, Kim SJ, Shin JC, Jung MY. A case of nummular dermatitis with allergic dermatitis. Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology. 2015;28(3):135-44. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2015.28.3.135
- Lim KM, Choi JH, Park SY, Kim JH, Kim SJ, Shin JC, Jung MY. A case of contact dermatitis by pain relieving patch deteriorated after taking lotus root. Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology. 2015;28(3):126-34. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2015.28.3.126
- Jeong JJ, Sun SH. Sa-am five-element acupuncture and Hwangyeon-haedoktang pharmacopuncture treatment for an essential tremor: three case reports. Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2013;16(4):49-53. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2013.16.022
- Shin SH, Yun JM, Heo JE, Ko WS, Yoon HJ. A case study on steroid rebound phenomenon after steroids treatment for pompholyx. Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology. 2014;27(3): 155-61. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2014.27.3.155
- Hwang GS, Jang CY, Lee SY, Kim JH, Woo C, Shin YJ, Shin SH. A case study of a stroke patient with hot flushes treated with traditional Korean medicine. J Int Korean Med. 2016;37(5):691-7. https://doi.org/10.22246/jikm.2016.37.5.691
- Kim JS, Choi JH, Kim JH, Jeong MY, Park SY. A case of allergic purpura treated with Korean medicine-two cases. Official Journal of The Korean Medicine Society For The Herbal Formula Study. 2016;24(1):63-70.
- Kang BS, Choi JH, Park SY, Jung MY, Kim JH. A clinical experience of hypogeusia induced by onion juice. Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology. 2015;28(4):165-74. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2015.28.4.165