- Volume 45 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Exposure and Risk Assessment of Nitrogen Dioxide and Ozone for Sub-population Groups using Monte-Carlo Simulations
Monte-Carlo 모의실험을 통한 부분 인구집단별 이산화질소와 오존의 노출 및 위해성 평가
- Park, Jinhyeon (Department of Occupational Health, Daegu Catholic University) ;
- Ryu, Hyeonsu (Department of Occupational Health, Daegu Catholic University) ;
- Yang, So Young (School of Energy Engineering, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Park, Yunkyung (Department of Occupational Health, Daegu Catholic University) ;
- Heo, Jung (Department of Occupational Health, Daegu Catholic University) ;
- Kim, Eunchae (Department of Occupational Health, Daegu Catholic University) ;
- Choe, Youngtae (Department of Occupational Health, Daegu Catholic University) ;
- Cho, Mansu (Department of Occupational Health, Daegu Catholic University) ;
- Yang, Wonho (Department of Occupational Health, Daegu Catholic University)
- 박진현 (대구가톨릭대학교 산업보건학과) ;
- 류현수 (대구가톨릭대학교 산업보건학과) ;
- 양소영 (경북대학교 에너지공학부) ;
- 박윤경 (대구가톨릭대학교 산업보건학과) ;
- 허정 (대구가톨릭대학교 산업보건학과) ;
- 김은채 (대구가톨릭대학교 산업보건학과) ;
- 최영태 (대구가톨릭대학교 산업보건학과) ;
- 조만수 (대구가톨릭대학교 산업보건학과) ;
- 양원호 (대구가톨릭대학교 산업보건학과)
- Received : 2019.03.09
- Accepted : 2019.03.28
- Published : 2019.04.30
Objectives: Although the risk assessments for nitrogen dioxide (
Grant : 실내외 환경유해인자에 의한 수용체 중심 노출 평가 플랫폼 개발
Supported by : 환경부
- The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards. https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npg/npgd0454.html [accessed 7 March 2019].
- Yang W, Kho Y, Han I, Lee C, Zong M, Chung M, Use of Nitrogen Dioxide as Exposure Marker of Passive Smoking for Non-smoking Service-workers at Restaurants. Korean Journal f Sanitation. 2000; 15(3): 1-7.
Jung S, Yang W, Son B. Health Risk Assessment by Potential Exposure of
$NO_2$and VOCs in Apartments. Korean Journal of Environmental Health. 2007; 33(4): 242-249. https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2007.33.4.242
- Belanger K, Holford R, Gent F, Hill E, Kezik M, Leaderer P. Household levels of nitrogen dioxide and pediatric asthma severity. Epidemiology. 2013; 24(2): 320. https://doi.org/10.1097/EDE.0b013e318280e2ac
- O'Connor G, Neas L, Vaughn B, Kattan M, Mitchell H, Crain E, et al. Acute respiratory health effects of air pollution on children with asthma in US inner cities. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2008; 121(5): 1133-1139. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2008.02.020
- Belanger K, Gent J, Triche E, Bracken M, Leaderer B. Association of indoor nitrogen dioxide exposure with respiratory symptoms in children with asthma. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 2006; 173(3): 297-303. https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200408-1123OC
Moseler M, Hendel-Kramer A, Karmaus W, Forster J, Weiss K, Urbanek R, et al. Effect of moderate
$NO_2$air pollution on the lung function of children with asthmatic symptoms. Environmental Research. 1994; 67(2): 109-124. https://doi.org/10.1006/enrs.1994.1068
- Ji X, Meng X, Liu C, Chen R, Ge Y, Kan L, et al. Nitrogen dioxide air pollution and preterm birth in Shanghai, China. Environmental Research. 2019; 169, 79-85. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envres.2018.11.007
- World Health Organization. Environmental Health Criteria 188, Nitrogen Oxides (Second Edition). World Health Organization. 1997.
- American Conference of Govermental Industrial Hygienists. Threshold Limit Values for Chemical Substances and Physical Agents & Biological Exposure Indices with 7th Edition Documentation. American Conference of Govermental Industrial Hygienists. 2015.
- Choi J, Park J, Kim I, Kwak Y. A Study on the Regulation and Means of Compliance for Ozone Concentration in the Cabin. Journal of Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics. 2003; 11(2): 79-92.
- Kim J, Lim J. Cluster Analysis with Air pollutants and Meteorological Factors in Seoul. Jourmal of Korean Data & Information Science Society. 2003; 14(4): 773-787.
- Hwangbo Y. Evaluation on the Level of Indoor Air Pollutants at Public Facilities and Development of Surveillance System on Indoor Air Pollutant. Ministry of Health and Welfate. 2008.
- Charles J. Ozone in indoor environments: concentration and chemistry, Indoor Air. 2000; 10: 269-288. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0668.2000.010004269.x
- Yang W, Lee K, Park K, Yoon C, Son B, Jeon J, et al., Microenvironmental time activity patterns of weekday and weekend on Korean. Journal of Korean Society for Indoor Environment. 2009; 6(4): 267-274.
- Lim Y. Health risk assessment of indoor pollutants. Journal of Korean Environmental Engineers. 2007; 29(5): 502-511.
- World Health Organization. Integrated Risk Assessment. https://www.who.int/ipcs/methods/risk_assessment/en/. [accessed 7 March 2019].
- Choi J, Park H, Oh Y, An J, Pa J, Kim K, et al. Reality analysis and evaluation according to indoor air quality management law of multi-use facilities, Seoul Metropolitan Government Research Institute of Public Health and Environment. 2017; 44(4): 175-181.
Im S. Exposure Assessment of Benzene, Toluene, and
$NO_2$in the Residential indoor and Outdoor to Compare Industrial Complex Area with Country Area, [dissertation]. [Gyeongsan]: Daegu Catholic University; 2009.
- Jeon Y, Yang W, Cho T, Son B. Personal Exposure Level of Nitrogen Dioxide in an Industrial Area. Korean Society of Environmental Health. 2009; 35(1): 11-20. https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2009.35.1.011
Jung S, Yang W, Son B. A Study of Development of Evaluation on Source Strengths and Deposition Constants of
$NO_2$for Modeling in Indoor Air Quality. Korean Society for Indoor Environment. 2010; 7(4): 254-262.
- Kim H, Kim S, Lee K, Jung S, Cho J. A Survey on the Indoor Air Quality of Some Schools in Goyang City. Journal of Korea Society of Environmental Administration. 2009; 15(2): 85-90.
- Kim Y, Park C, Kim S, Shin H, Lee S, Lee J, et al. Distribution Characteristics of Nitrogen Dioxide and Nitrous Acid Concentration in Residence Indoors. Korean Society for Indoor Environment. 2013; 10(2): 83-98. https://doi.org/10.11597/jkosie.2013.10.2.83
- Kim Y. Measurement of Classroom Air Quality in large cities in summer. The Korean Solar Energy Society. 2007; 27(1): 63-74.
- Kwon E. Seasonal Assessment and Estimation of Personal Exposure by Using of Time Activity Pattern, [dissertation]. [Gyeongsan]: Daegu Catholic University; 2010.
- Lee C, Lee B, Kim Y, Lee J, Oh I, Sim C. Indoor Air Quality in Elementary School Children's Homes in Ulsan: Comparison between Groups with and without Allergic Rhinitis. Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment. 2012; 28(4): 365-373. https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2012.28.4.365
- Lee C, Lee B, Kim Y, Lee J, Oh I. Analysis of Indoor Air Pollutants from Elementary School Classrooms with Different Environment in Ulsan, Korea. Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment. 2011; 27(1): 97-116. https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2011.27.1.097
- Lee H, Lee S, Lee B, Heo J, Kim S, Yang W. Estimation of personal exposure to air pollutants for housewives using time activity pattern and evaluating air quality of micro-environments, Journal of Odor and Indoor Environment. 2014; 13(3): 159-167. https://doi.org/10.15250/joie.2014.13.3.159
- Lee H, Park J, Yang W. Contributions of Outdoor Air and Sources on Residential Indoor Air Quality. Korean Society for Indoor Environment. 2009; 6(4): 259-266.
- Lee K, Kim J, Bae S, Kim S. Research Study on Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) inside of the Subway Cabin in Seoul Metropolitan City. Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment. 2014; 30(2): 175-187. https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2014.30.2.175
- Shin H, Park W, Kim B, Ji K, Kim K. Indoor Air Quality and Human Health Risk Assessment for Un-regulated Small-sized Sensitive Population Facilities. Korean Journal of Environmental Health. 2018; 44(4): 397-407.
- Shuai J, Yang W, Ahn H, Kim S, Lee S, Yoon S. Contribution of indoor and outdoor nitrogen dioxide to indoor air quality of wayside shops. Journal of UOEH. 2013; 35(2): 137-145. https://doi.org/10.7888/juoeh.35.137
- Woo B, Kim B, Yang W. Validity of Nitrogen Dioxide Measurement Periods in Indoor and Outdoor Microenvironments. Korean Society for Indoor Environment. 2011; 8(4): 287-295.
- Woo B, Lee H, Ahn H, Jung S, Hwang M, Park C, et al. Perceived Air Quality Assessment of Occupants According to Indoor Air Quality. Journal of Environmental Science International. 2011; 20(1): 61-69. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.1.61
- Yang W, Kim D, Hong G, Kim S, Ahn H. Contribution of Workplace and House Indoors for Personal Nitrogen Dioxide Exposure in Office Workers According to Season, Journal Korean Society of Occupational and environmental hygiene. 2012; 22(2): 128-133.
- Yang W, Kwon E, Kim M. Contribution of Outdoor Air and Indoor Source on Nitrogen Dioxide Concentration in Apartments. Korean Society for Indoor Environment. 2009; 6(1): 48-55.
- Im J. Characteristics of Indoor and Outdoor Air Quality in the elementary School, Ulsan, [dissertation]. [Ulsan]: University of Ulsan; 2011.
- Jung D. Health risk assessment of exposure to indoor air pollutants of office workers in buildings, [dissertation]. [Daegu]: Daegu Catholic University; 2017.
- Jung J, Seo B, Ju D, Park M, Son B, Phee Y. Assessment of the Indoor Air Quality at Schools in Ulsan. Korean Journal of Environmental Health Sciences. 2010; 36(6): 472-479. https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2010.36.6.472
- Namgung H, Song J, Kim S, Kim H, Kwon S. Characteristics of indoor air quality in the overground and underground railway stations. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society. 2016; 17(5):
- Park S. Characteristics of Indoor Air Quality in the Public Facilities, [dissertation]. [Ulsan]: University of Ulsan; 2011.
- An S, Kim M, Kim O, Lee Y, Na C. Lee C, et al. A Survey on the Indoor Air Quality of Some School Classroom in Gyeongbuk area, Journal of Odor and Indoor Environment. 2006; 3(4): 367-375.
- Choi I. A Study of Indoor Air Quality in Various Types of Public Facilities in Seoul, [dissertation]. [Seoul]: University of Seoul; 2011.
- Jo S, Cho S, Im J, Hong S, Lee J, Yang W. A study of concentrations of ozone in Gwangyang area. Journal of Korean Society for Indoor Environment. 2011; 8(3): 199-210.
- Kang G. A Study on Characterization in Indoor Air Quality, [dissertation]. [Gyeongnam]: Jinju Industrial University; 2006.
- Kim D. Characteristics of Indoor Air Quality among Elementary Schools in Gyeonggi-do: Focused on Suwon, Ansan and Hwasung City, [dissertation]. [Seoul]: Hanyang university; 2013.
- Kim G. A study on measurement of classroom air quality of elementary, middle and high schools, [dissertation]. [Seoul]: Chung-Ang University; 2010.
- Kim S. A study on Indoor Air pollution Characterization and Management. Ministry of Environment. 2002.
- Kim Y, Roh Y, Lee C, Kim K, Kim J, Jeon H, et al. A Study of Excess Ratio for Guildeline of Indoor Air Pollutants in Classroom of Kindergartens, Journal of Odor and Indoor Environment. 2007; 4(1), 14-22.
- Korean Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. Indoor air quality and health effects in public facilities. Center for Disease Prevention, Choronic Disease Prevention. 2008.
- Lee C, Lee B, Oh I, Oh J, Sim C, Kim Y. Indoor Air Quality in Elementary school Children's Homes in Ulsan, Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment. 2012; 28(4): 365-373. https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2012.28.4.365
- Lee J, Jung M, Choi K. A Study of Ozone Variations in a Semiconductor Fabrication Facility and Office Related to the Ozone Concentration in the Outdoor Air, Journal of Korean Society of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene. 2016: 26(2): 188-197. https://doi.org/10.15269/JKSOEH.2016.26.2.188
- Roh Y, Kim J, Lee C, Kim Y, Ha M, Kwon H, et al. A Survey of Distribution for Indoor Air Pollutants in Classrooms of Some Elementary Schools, Journal of Odor and Indoor Environment. 2007; 4(4): 204-213.
- Roh Y, Lee C, Kim Y, Kim S, Kim C, Kim H, et al. Extension Possibility of Indoor Air Standards in Office Building by Health Risk Assessment, Journal Korean Society of Occupational and environmental hygiene. 2006; 16(1): 54-67.
- Ryu I. A Study Characteristic on Indoor Air Quality and Health Risk Assessment in Multi-use Facilities, [dissertation]. [Busan]: Pukyong National University; 2010.
- Ryu H, Yoon H, Eom I, Park J, Kim S, Cho M, et al. Time-activity Pattern Assessment for Korean Students, Journal of Environmental Health Society. 2018; 44(2): 143-152.
- National Institute of Environmental Research. Korean exposure factors handbook for children Child-specific exposure factors handbook. Environmental Health Research Department, Risk Assessment Division. 2016.
- Lee H, Woo B, Hwang M, Park C, Yu S, Yang W. Assessment of Time Activity Pattern for Workers, Journal Korean Society of Occupational and environmental hygiene. 2010; 20(2): 102-110.
- National Institute of Environmental Reseach. Study on the Improvement of Exposure Factors of Korean Adults on Risk Assessment (II). 2017.
- Moschandreas DJ, Watson J, D'Abreton P, Scire J, Zhu T, Klein W, et al. Chapter three: methodology of exposure modeling. Chemosphere. 2002; 49(9): 923-946. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-6535(02)00237-0
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Risk Assessment Guidance for Superfund: Volume I. Human Health Evaluation Manual, Office of Emergency and Remedial Response. 1989; 540: 1-89.
- Ministry of Environment. Atmosphere Environmental Standard. 2019.
- National Institute of Environmental Reseach. Study on the Improvement of Exposure Factors of Korean Adults on Risk Assessment (III). 2018.
- Chao C. Comparison between indoor and outdoor air contaminant levels in residential buildings from passive sampler study, Building and Environment. 2001; 36: 999-1007. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-1323(00)00057-3
- Blondeau P, Iordache V, Poupard O, Genin D, Allard F. Relationship between outdoor and indoor air quality in eight French schools. Indoor Air. 2015; 15(1): 2-12. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0668.2004.00263.x
- Wang H, Morrison G. Ozone-surface reactions in five homes: surface reaction probabilities, aldehyde yields, and trends. Indoor Air. 2010; 20(3): 224-234. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0668.2010.00648.x
- Zhong L, Lee C, Haghighat F. Indoor Ozone and climate change. Sustainable Cities and Society. 2017; 28: 466-472. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scs.2016.08.020
- Destaillats H, Maddalena R, Singer B, Hodgson A, McKone T. Indoor pollutants emitted by office equipment: a review of reported data and information needs. Atmos. Environ. 2008; 42: 1371-1388. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2007.10.080
- Lee C, Hsu D. Measurements of fine and ultrafine particles formation in photocopy centers in Taiwan. Atmos. Environ. 2007; 41: 6598-6609. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2007.04.016
- Singh P, Kumar A, Singh D, Punia M, Kumar K, Jain K. An assessment of ozone levels, UV radiation and their occupational health hazard estimation during photocopying operation. J. Hazard. Mater. 2014; 275: 55-62. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2014.04.049
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Welfare of the Aged Act. 2019.