- Volume 45 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
화장품 유형별 유해 중금속 함량 비교 연구
Comparative Study of Hazardous Heavy Metal Contents by Cosmetic Type
- 이진희 (대구광역시 보건환경연구원 약품화학과) ;
- 김지연 (대구광역시 보건환경연구원 약품화학과) ;
- 박상규 (대구광역시 보건환경연구원 약품화학과) ;
- 이재호 (대구광역시 보건환경연구원 약품화학과) ;
- 윤종호 (대구광역시 보건환경연구원 약품화학과) ;
- 김경태 (대구광역시 보건환경연구원 약품화학과) ;
- 김혜정 (경운대학교 간호보건대학 임상병리학과)
- Lee, Jin hee (Department of Pharmaceutical Chemicals, Daegu Metropolitan City Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Kim, Ji Yeon (Department of Pharmaceutical Chemicals, Daegu Metropolitan City Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Park, Sang Gyu (Department of Pharmaceutical Chemicals, Daegu Metropolitan City Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Lee, Jae Ho (Department of Pharmaceutical Chemicals, Daegu Metropolitan City Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Yoon, Jong Ho (Department of Pharmaceutical Chemicals, Daegu Metropolitan City Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Kim, Gyoung Tae (Department of Pharmaceutical Chemicals, Daegu Metropolitan City Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Kim, Hae Jung (Department of Biomedical Laboratory Science, College of Nursing & Health, Kyungwoon University)
- 투고 : 2019.03.05
- 심사 : 2019.04.20
- 발행 : 2019.04.30
Objectives: The hazardous heavy metal contents of cosmetics were investigated and the resulting values were compared by type of cosmetics: skin care preparations (SCP), hair preparations (HP), makeup preparations (MP), and eye makeup preparations (EMP). Methods: The hazardous heavy metal contents (Pb, As, Cd, Sb, Ni and Hg) were analyzed for 358 cosmetics products (187 SCP, 82 HP, 56 MP, and 33 EMP). Hg was measured by the amalgamation method, and other hazardous heavy metals were measured by inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometer (ICP-OES) after decomposition using the microwave method. Results: The mean contents of Pb, As, Cd, Sb, Ni, and Hg in cosmetics were 0.424, 0.068, 0.024, 0.398,
- Shin JH, Kho YL, Shin MS, Kwon HR, Kim SH, Heo JS et al. Safety management of cosmetics for body-painting. Gyeonggi-do: Eulji University Press;2017.
- Choi MC, Hwang YS, Park AS, Jung SJ, Kim HJ, Kim JH. A study on heavy metal concentrations of color cosmetics in korea market. J Soc Cosmet Sci Korea. 2014; 40(3): 269-278. https://doi.org/10.15230/SCSK.2014.40.3.269
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety. Regulation on cosmetic standards and test methods. KFDA Notice 2007-45, 2007
- Choi CM, Hong MS, Lee YJ, Kim HS, Kim HJ, Kim JH et al. A study on heavy metal concentrations of oxidized hair coloring products in Korea market. J Soc Cosmet Sci Korea. 2013; 39(3): 241-249. https://doi.org/10.15230/SCSK.2013.39.3.241
- Lee H, Yoo YJ, Park MH, Kim JH, Lee YH, Moon CS et al. A study on heavy metal concentration of cosmetics on the market. Korean J Prev Med. 1998; 31(4): 666-679.
- Park JS, Yoon YT, Kim SU, Jeong HJ, Kim YK, Lee JK et al. Analysis of chromium and neodymium by ICP-OES in cosmetics. Report of S. I. H. E. 2006; 42: 233-240.
- Jeong HJ, Kim YK, Park WH, Lee MS, Cho IS, Chae YZ. Analysis of hazardous heavy metals in cosmetic packs by ICP-OES. Report of S. I. H. E. 2008; 44: 166-175.
- Baik SA. Study on hazard heavy metals in cosmetics. Kor J Aesthet Cosmetol. 2005; 3(1): 163-176.
- Roh HY, Kim YS. A study on harmful effect of heavy metal substance contained in products for perm and method of control. Kor J Aesthet Cosmetol. 2008; 6(3).
- National Institute of Food and Drug Safety Evaluation, Tox-Info, http://nifds.go.kr/toxinfo.
- World Health Organization. Available: http://www. who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/en/?accessed 17 July 2017.
- Lee SM, Jeong JH, Kim HK. Simultaneous determination of heavy metals in cosmetic products by ion chromatography. J Soc Cosmet Sci Korea. 2008; 34(1): 57-62.
- Orisakwe OE, Otaraku JO. Metal concentrations in cosmetics commonly used in Nigeria. Sci World J. 2013; 4: 891-897.
- Alsaffar NM, Hussein HJ. Determination of heavy metals in some cosmetics available in locally markets. J Environ Sci Toxicol Food Technol. 2014; 8(1): 9-12.
- Sani A, Gaya MB, Abubakar FA. Determination of some heavy metals in selected cosmetic products sold in Kano metropolis. Nigeria, Toxicology Reports. 2016; 3: 866-869. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.toxrep.2016.11.001
- Ullah H, Noreen S, Rehman A, Waseem A, Zubair S, Adnan M, Ahmad I.Comparative study of heavy metals content in cosmetic products of different countries marketed in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Arab J Chem, 2017; 10: 10-18. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arabjc.2013.09.021
- Lodyga-Chruscinska E, Sykula A, Wiedlocha M. Hidden metals in several brands of lipstick and face powder present on polish market. Cosmetics. 2018; 5(4): 57-64. https://doi.org/10.3390/cosmetics5040057
- Zafarzadeh A, Shahryari A, Taziki S, Ahmadi N, Mirkarimi K, Charkazi A. Assessment of cadmium and lead concentrations in different types of cosmetics products consumed in Iran. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2018; 8(8):1200-1204. https://doi.org/10.5455/njppp.2018.8.0411729042018
- Iwegbue CM, Bassey FI, Obi G, Tesi GO, Martincigh BS. Concentrations and exposure risks of some metals in facial cosmetics in Nigeria. Toxicology Reports. 2016; 3: 464-472. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.toxrep.2016.04.004
- Liu S, Hammond SK, Rojas-Cheatham A. Concentrations and potential health risks of metals in lip products. Environmental Health Perspectives. 2013; 121(6): 705-710 https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.1205518
- Kwon JW. Definition and application of detection and quantification limits. Korean J Environ Agric. 2009; 85-102.
- Croghan C, Egeghy PP. Methods of dealing with values below the limit of detection using SAS. St. Petersburg, FL. 2003; September 22-24.
- Mousavi Z, Ziarati P, Shariatdoost A. Determination and safety assessment of lead and cadmium in eye shadows purchased in local market in Tehran. J Environ Anal Toxicol. 2013; 3(6): 193-196.
- Halicz L, Portugal-Cohen M, Russo MZ, Robino F, Vanhaecke T, Rogiers V. Safety evaluation of traces of nickel and chrome in cosmetics: The case of Dead Sea mud. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015; 73: 797-801. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yrtph.2015.10.016
- Ziarati P, Moghimi S, Arbabi-Bidgoli S, Qomi M. Risk assessment of heavy metal contents (lead and cadmium) in lipsticks in Iran. Int J Chem Eng Appl. 2012; 3(6): 450-452.
- Kim DK, Kang MS, Moon DH. Heavy metal concentration in marketing low price cosmetics. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society. 2011; 13(5): 2367-2376.
- Volpe MG, Nazzaro M, Coppola R, Rapuano F, Aquino RP. Determination and assessments of selected heavy metals in eye shadow cosmetics from China, Italy, and USA. Microchemical Journal. 2012; 101: 65-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.microc.2011.10.008