- Volume 41 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Internal evaluation of provisional restorations according to the dental CAD/CAM manufacturing method : Three-dimensional superimpositional analysis
치과 CAD/CAM 가공방식에 따른 임시보철물의 내면 적합도 : 3차원 중첩 분석
Kim, Jae-Hong;Kim, Ki-Baek
- Received : 2019.04.26
- Accepted : 2019.06.13
- Published : 2019.06.30
Purpose: The purpose of the present study was to compare the internal fit of two different temporary restorations fabricated by dental CAD/CAM system and to evaluate clinical effectiveness. Methods: Composite resin tooth of the maxillary first molar was prepared as occlusal reduction(2.0mm), axial reduction(1mm offset), vertical angle(6 degree) and chamfer margin for a temporary crown and duplicated epoxy die was fabricated. The epoxy dies were used to fabricate provisional restorations by CAD/CAM milling technique or 3D-printing technique. The inner data from all crowns were superimposed on the master die file in the 'best-fit alignment' method using 3D analysis software. Statistical analysis was performed using a Wilcoxon's rank sum test for differences between groups. Results: It showed that the internal RMS(Root Mean Square) values of the additive group were significantly larger than those of other group. No significant differences in internal discrepancies were observed in the temporary crowns among the 2 groups with different manufacturing method. Conclusion: All the groups had the internal fit within the clinical acceptable range (<
Additive manufacturing;Dental CAD/CAM;Internal evaluation;Provisional crown;Subtractive manufacturing
- Anadioti E, Aquilino SA, Gratton DG, Holloway JA, Denry I, Thomas GW, Qian F. 3D and 2D marginal fit of pressed and CAD/CAM lithium disilicate crowns made from digital and conventional impressions. J Prosthodont, 23(1), 610-617, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1111/jopr.12180
- Bae SY, Park JY, Jeong ID, Kim HY, Kim JH, Kim WC. Three-dimensional analysis of marginal and internal fit of copings fabricated with polyetherketoneketone(PEKK) and zirconia. J Prosthodont Res, 61(2), 106-112, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpor.2016.07.005
- Colpani JT, M Borba A, Della Bona. Evaluation of marginal and internal fit of ceramic crown copings. Dent Mater 29(4), 174-180, 2014.
- Jorgensen KD, Esbensen AL. The relationship between the film thickness of zinc phosphate cement and the retention of veneer crowns. Acta Odontol Scand, 26(3), 169-175, 1968. https://doi.org/10.3109/00016356809026130
- Karaokutan I, Sayin G, kara O. In vitro study of fracture strength of provisional crown materials. J Adv Prosthodont, 7(1), 27-31, 2015. https://doi.org/10.4047/jap.2015.7.1.27
- Kim JH, Jeong JH, Lee JH, Cho HW. Fit of lithium disilicate crowns fabricated from conventional and digital impressions assessed with micro-CT. J Prosthet Dent, 116(6), 551-557, 2014.
- Kim KB, Kim JH, Kim WC, Kim JH. Threedimensional evaluation of gaps associated with fixed dental prostheses fabricated with new technologies. J Prosthet Dent, 112(6), 1432-1436, 2014.
- Kim SC, Han MS, Choi BJ, Lee CJ, Lee HH. Internal fit of bridge patterns fabricated by a 3D printing technique, Korean J Dent Mater, 41(4), 239-244, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14815/kjdm.2014.41.4.239
- Miyazaki T, Hotta Y, Kunii J, Kuriyama S, Tamaki Y. A review of dental CAD/CAM: current status and future perspectives from 20 years of experience. Dent Mater J, 28(1), 44-56, 2001.
- Nejatidanesh F, Lotfi HR, Savabi O. Marginal accuracy of interim restorations fabricated from four interim autopolymerizing resins. J Prosthet Dent, 95(5), 364-367, 2006.
- Passon C, Lambert RH, Lambert RL, Newman S. The effect of multiple layers of die-spacer on crown retention. Oper Dent, 17(2), 42-49, 1992.
- Rekow D. Computer-aided design and manufacturing in dentistry: a review of the state of the art. J Prosthet Dent, 58(4), 512-516, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(87)90285-X
- Tappa K, Jammalamadaka U. Novel biomaterials used in medical 3D printing techniques. J Funct Biomater, 9(1), 17, 2018. https://doi.org/10.3390/jfb9010017
- Tinschert J, Natt G, Mautsch W, Spiekermann H, Anusavice K. Marginal fit of aluminaand zirconia-based fixed partial dentures produced by a CAD/CAM system. Oper Dent, 26(4), 367-374, 2001.