- Volume 10 Issue 6
This research examines how IoT makes a significant contribution to the innovation of media firms. The media firms will be able to find new reveue sources and strengthen firms' competence through innovating product, process and business model. While IoT increases the experience of interactivity and immersion for consumption, it improves the way ads are exposed and its impact is measured, leading to revenue increase. For these benefits fulfilled, innovation friendly media eco-system must be established. It is the most critical that media firms should change skeptical attitude toward IoT's potential and actively invest it to employ IoT. The government should create regulatory framework to best utilize the innovative advantages of IoT.
IoT;Media Firms;Business Model Innovation;Product and Service Innovation;Process Innovation
- S. Crainer & D. Dearlove. (2013). Thinkers 50 innovation: Breakthrough thinking to take your business to the next level. McGraw-Hill Education.
- T. McCraw. (2007). Prophet of destruction: Joseph Schumpeter and creative destruction. Harvard University.
- G. Doyle. (2013). Understanding media economics. London : Sage.
- E. M. Rogers. (1995). Diffusion of innovation. Free Press.
- H. Park, J. Oh, J. Lee & J. Park. (2013). Strategic management of technology and innovation. Seoul : Pearson.
- R. Gershon. (2018). Digital media and innovation: Management and design strategies in communication. Sage.
- S. Seol. (2011). Technological innovation. Beopmunsa.
- OECD. (2005). Oslo manual: Guidelines for collecting and interpreting innovation data. Paris : OECD
- P. Stoneman. (2010). Soft innovation: economics, product aesthetics, and the creative industries. Oxford University Press.
- L. Jaaniste. (2009). Placing the creative sector within innovation: The full gamut. Innovation: Management, Policy & Practice, 11(2), 215-229. https://doi.org/10.5172/impp.11.2.215
- V. Bleyen, S. Lindmark, H. Ranaivoson & P. Ballon. (2014). A typology of media innovations: Insights from an exploratory study. The Journal of Media Innovations, 1(1), 28-51.
- Y. Yoo, H. Kim, S. Lee, J. Jeong, W. Ji, Y. Cheon & M. Choi. (2014). The coming hyper- connected society and our future. Hanwool Academy.
- S. Moon, Y. Park, S. Sohn, C. Kim, H. Kang, J. Oh, H. Kim, W. Jeong & J. Shin. (2015). Internet evolution and the changing socio-economic paradigm: Focusing on IoT. KISDI.
- TCS. (2015). Internet of Things: The complete reimaginative force. TCS Global Trend Study.
- D. Cha, S. Han, S. Na, D. Lee, H. Kim, H. Yoon, J. Lee, Y. Cho & J. Park. (2018). Forward 2019: Reading the future. Seoul : Hans Media.
- A. Afuah. (2014). Business Model Innovation: Concepts, Analysis, and Cases. Routledge.
Supported by : Kwangwoon university