- Volume 35 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Design Shear Force Reduction Factor of Upper Structure in Seismic Base-isolated System Considering Response Acceleration Decrement Effect
면진구조의 응답가속도 감소효과를 고려한 상부구조의 설계전단력 저감계수
- Received : 2019.04.22
- Accepted : 2019.06.25
- Published : 2019.07.30
The structural damage caused by earthquake to the upper structure of seismic base-isolated system can be suppressed effectively because it is designed to concentrate the input energy on the seismic isolation floor. Further, the response acceleration of seismic base-isolated system can be greatly reduced compared to the seismic structure because of the long period, which means that the design shear force of the seismic base-isolated system can be reduced appropriately. However, when the design shear force is determined to be reduced, the design stiffness will decrease, and the response acceleration will increase oppositely. Therefore, for finding the extent to which the design shear force of the upper structure can be reduced, this paper considered the seismic base-isolated structure as the analytical model and proposed the design shear force reduction factor of the base-isolated structure through the dynamic response analysis, while considering the decrement effect of response acceleration. The research result shows that the response acceleration of the isolated the upper structure can be reduced by 50%~70% of the seismic structure under the same design conditions, and the design shear force can be reduced by up to 40%. By increasing the design stiffness over to 1.8 times of the original design value, the design shear force can be reduced to the same extent as the response acceleration can be reduced compared to the seismic structure.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Naeim F, Kelly J M. (1999). Design of Seismic Isolated Structures: from theory to practice[M]. New York: John Wiley and Sons Inc.
- AIJ (Architectural Institute of Japan). (2016). Design Recommendations for Seismically Isolated Buildings, 5(4). 75-80.
- Akiyama, H. (1999). Earthquake-Resistant Design Method for Buildings Based on Energy Balance, Univ of Tokyo Pr. 77-84
- Architectural Institute of Korea. (2016). Korea Building Code and Commentary.
- ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers). (2010). Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures, Standards ASCE/SEI 7-10, 77-119.
- Oh, S. H., & Jeon, J. S. (2014). A Study on Optimum Distribution of Story Shear Force Coefficient for Seismic Design of Multi-story Structure. International Journal of High-Rise Building, (3)2. 121-145. https://doi.org/10.21022/IJHRB.2014.3.2.121