- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Trends of Korean Medicine Conservative Treatment Using Low Back Pain Patients Registry Data: Analysis of Medical Records of 7 Korean Medical Hospital
요통 환자 레지스트리 데이터를 통한 한의 보존적 치료 경향: 7개 한방병원 의무기록 분석
- Lee, Kang-Joon (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Gachon University) ;
- Oh, Min-Seok (Department of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation, College of Korean Medicine, Daejeon University) ;
- Lee, Eun-Jung (Department of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation, College of Korean Medicine, Daejeon University) ;
- Shin, Byung-Cheul (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Hwang, Eui-Hyoung (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Kim, Soon-Joong (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Semyung University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Cha, Yun-Yeop (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Sangji University) ;
- Ko, Youn-Seok (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Wonsuk University) ;
- Song, Yun-kyung (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Gachon University)
- 이강준 (가천대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 오민석 (대전대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 이은정 (대전대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 신병철 (부산대학교한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 황의형 (부산대학교한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 김순중 (세명대학교부속한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 차윤엽 (상지대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 고연석 (우석대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 송윤경 (가천대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실)
- Received : 2019.06.10
- Accepted : 2019.07.03
- Published : 2019.07.31
Objectives The purpose of this study is to investigate characteristics of low back pain patients and trends of Korean medicine conservative treatment effects of low back pain patients by registry data. Methods A total of 78 patients were analyzed, statistical analysis was performed using a generalized linear model. The comparison between groups was performed using independent two samples t-test or Wilcoxon rank sum test according to the distribution of normality. Before and after the treatment effects, ANOVA and Kruskal-Wallis method were used for the comparison, Sheffe method was used for the post test. Results The average age of hospitalized patients was 31.8 years old and out-patient department (OPD) patients was 44.9 years old. Lots of OPD patients and hospitalized patients were classified to 'Lumbago due to Coexist Qu Stagnation and Bloos Stasis'. Both OPD patients and hospitalized patients classified to 'Lumbago due to Coexist Qu Stagnation and Bloos Stasis' showed statistically significant decrease in RMDQ (Roland-Morris disability questionnaire) and NRS (numeric rating scale) on 1 month and 3 month after clinical research start date. Comparing the treatment effects of Chuna manual therapy, both Chuna group and non-Chuna group showed statistically significant decrease in RMDQ and NRS on discharge date, 1 month and 3 month after clinical research start date. Conclusions We expect that a larger scale registry study will be carried out to provide a higher level of basis for the Korean medical treatment of low back pain.
Low back pain;Registries;Korean medicine;Conservative treatment
Supported by : 한국보건산업진흥원
- Itz CJ, Geurts JW, van Kleef M, Nelemans P. Clinical course of non-specific low back pain: a systematic review of prospective cohort studies set in primary care. Eur J Pain. 2013;17(1):5-15. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1532-2149.2012.00170.x
- Charles E Giangarra, Robert C Manske. Clinical orthopaedic rehabilitaion: a team approach, 4th ed. Yongsan: Elsevier Korea LLC. 2018:496-7.
- Korea Health Industry Development Institute. 2017 Korean medical utilization & Korean medicine consumption survey. Seoul:NIKOM. 2017:187-92.
- The Korean Orthopaedic Association. Orthopaedics, 7th ed. Seoul:ChoiSin Medical Publishing Co. 2013:862-3, 617-25.
- Nam DJ, Oh MS. Characteristics of 601 low back pain patients: a Korean medicine hospital experience, retrospecdtive chart review. J of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2015;25(2):147-8. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2015.25.4.147
- Han KS, Ha IH, Lee JH. Application of health care big data and necessity of traditional Korean medicine data registry. J of Korean Med Obes Res. 2017;17(1):46-53. https://doi.org/10.15429/jkomor.2017.17.1.46
- White MC, Mabcock F, Hayes NS, Mariotto AB, Woong FL, Kohler BA, Weir HK. The history and use of cancer registry data by public health cancer control programs in the United States. Cancer. 2017;15(123):4969-76.
- Kim T, Park AY, Baek Y, Cha S. Genome-wide association study reveals four loci for lipid ratios in the Korean population and the constitutional subgroup. PLoS One. 2017;12(1):e0168137. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0168137
- Park CH, Kang YH, Ko SG, Song YK. The study about the suitability of the translations of categories in the questionnaire for pattern identification of chronic low back pain. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2016;11(2):45-56.
- Yeom SC, Lee GM, Lee KS, Kim SC. A clinical study about low back pain patients based in 10 classes lumbago in Dong-Eui-Bo-Kham. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2005;22(4):95-111.
- Kim MW, Ko YS, Lee JH, Chung WS, Shin BC, Cha YY, Ko HY, Sun SH, Jeon CY, Jang BH, Song YK, Ko SG. The analysis of pattern identification of low back pain, which is used in thesis both in Korea and China. J of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2013;23(2):85-94.
- Go HY, Ko YS, Lee JH, Jung WS, Shin BC, Cha YY, Ahn MY, Sun SH, Jeon CY, Jang BH, Song YK, Ko SG. Cross-sectional study of therapy type and pattern identification in lumbago patients. J of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2013;23(4):177-84.
- Lee JW, Park BJ, Lee JH. The comparison of eating-related index and pre- and post-prandial gut hormone patterns between normal-overweight and obese subjects of Taeemin. J Korean Med Obes Res. 2014;14(1):36-45. https://doi.org/10.15429/jkomor.2014.14.1.36
- Breivik H, Borchgrevink PC, Allen SM, Rosseland LA, Romundstad L, Hals EK, Assessment of pain. Br J Anaesth. 2008;101(1):17-24. https://doi.org/10.1093/bja/aen103
- Roland M, Fairbank J. The Roland-Morris disability questionnaire and the oswestry disability questionnaire. Spine. 2000;25(24):3115-24. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-200012150-00006
- Deyo RA, Battie M, Beurskens AJ, Bombardier C, Croft P, Koes B, Malmivaara A, Roland M, Von Korff M, Waddell G. Outcome mesures for low back pain research. A proposal for standardized use. Spine. 1998;23(18):2003-13. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-199809150-00018
- Shaw JW, Johnson JA, Coons SJ, US valuation of the EQ-5D health states; development and testing of the D1 valuation model. Med Care. 2005;43(3):203-20. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-200503000-00003
- Lee YK, Nam HS, Chuang LH, Kim KY, Yang HK, Kwon IS, Kind P, Kweon SS, Kim YT. South Korean time trade-off values for EQ-5D health states: modeling with observed values for 101 health states. Value Health. 2009;12(8):1187-93. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1524-4733.2009.00579.x
- Jo BR, Jo HG, Kim JS. Management of low back pain in primary care. J of the Korean Academy of Family Medicine. 2002;21(5):15-34.
- Bjerkeset T, Johnsen LG, Kibsgaard L, Fuglesang P. Surgical treatment of degenerative lumbar diseases. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2005;1123(13):1817-9.
- Sohn EH, Kim BJ, Kin JK, Bae HS, Baek WK, Suh BC, Sung JJ, Ahn SW, Cho JY, Hong YH. Establishment and perspective of the Korean ALS registry. Korean J Clinical Neurophysiol. 2011;13(2):71-9.
- Kim YH, Lee JY, Kim KH, Kim TY, Lee TG, Lee SW, Chu HY, Jeong HG. Comparative analysis on disc resoption rate of lumbar disc herniation patients after Korean medicine treatment and predictive factors associated with disc resorption. J of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2018;28(4):33-4. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2018.28.4.33
- Kim CH, Chung CK, Park CS, Choi BR, Kim MJ, Park BJ. Reoperation rate after surgery for lumbar herniated intervertebral disc disease. The Spine Journal. 2013;38(7):581-90. https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0b013e318274f9a7