- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Postoperative Rehabilitation of Foot Fracture in Korean Medicine Treatment: Clinical Case Report
족부 골절수술 후 한방 재활치료의 효과: 증례보고
- Park, Na-Ri (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Daegu Korean Medicine Hospital of Daegu Haany University) ;
- Lee, Yun-Jin (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Daegu Korean Medicine Hospital of Daegu Haany University) ;
- Ahn, Hee-Duk (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Daegu Korean Medicine Hospital of Daegu Haany University) ;
- Yang, Doo-Hwa (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Daegu Korean Medicine Hospital of Daegu Haany University)
- 박나리 (대구한의대학교 부속 대구한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 이윤진 (대구한의대학교 부속 대구한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 안희덕 (대구한의대학교 부속 대구한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 양두화 (대구한의대학교 부속 대구한방병원 한방재활의학과)
- Received : 2019.06.16
- Accepted : 2019.07.04
- Published : 2019.07.31
The objective of this study is to propose postoperative rehabilitation for foot fracture in Korean Medicine and to report its effectiveness. There were three patients who were got foot fracture surgery received korean medicine with acupuncture, herbal medicine, cupping and exercise treatment. Patients were evaluated numeric rating scale (NRS), range of motion (ROM), American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS) ankle hindfoot score, foot function index (FFI) and EuroQol-5 dimension (EQ-5D) index. Case 1 and 2 were improved NRS from 6 to 3. Case 3 was improved NRS from 5 to 2. These cases were improved ROM in all directions, AOFAS score, FFI, EQ-5D and walking status. This study suggest that Korean medicine rehabilitation could be effective for patients who have received foot fracture operation.
Foot, Fracture;Rehabilitation;American Orthopaedic Foot Ankle Society score;Korean medicine
- The Korean Orthopaedic Association. Orthopaedics. 7th ed. Seoul:ChoiSin medical Publishing Co. 2013:1072, 1521.
- The Society of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. Korean rehabilitation medicine. 4th ed. Paju:Koonja Publishing. 2015:364-71, 380-416.
- Wang D. Medical secrets of an official. Seoul:Seongbo Publishers Co. 1975:749-50.
- Son SM. Invaluable prescriptions for emergencies. Beijing:The People's Medical Publishing House. 1982:454-5.
- Ha WB, Lee JH, Lee YS, Jo DC, Lee JH, Lee JH. Rehabilitation for ankle fracture in Korean medicine: A report of 4 cases. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2017;27(4):171-84. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2017.27.4.171
- Kwon MG, Jo HG, Park HR, Sul JW. Postoperative rehabilitation of Korean medicine for ankle fractures treated by open reduction with internal fixation: 2 case reports with 5 months follow-up. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2018;28(1):167-72. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2018.28.1.167
- Bae KJ, Jeong JW, Jung MY, Kim SJ. Reviewing research on the treatment and study of fracture in Korean journals objective-focus on domestic thesis. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2015;25(3):27-36. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2015.25.3.27
- Magee DJ, Sueki D. Orthopedic physical assessment atlasand video: selected special tests and movements. Seoul:ELSEVIER Korea. 2012:425-8.
- Wall PD, Melzack R. Textbook of pain. Seoul:Jungdam publication. 2005:483-4.
- Riskowski JL, Hagedorn TJ, Hannan MT. Measures of foot function, foot health, and foot pain: American academy of orthopedic surgeons lower limb outcomes assessment: foot and ankle module (AAOS-FAM), bristol foot score (BFS), revised foot function index (FFI-R), foot health status questionnaire (FHSQ), manchester foot pain and disability index (MFPDI), podiatric health questionnaire (PHQ), and rowan foot pain assessment (ROFPAQ). Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2011;63(11):229-39. https://doi.org/10.1002/acr.20554
- EuroQol Group. EQ-5D-5L Crosswalk value sets [Internet] 2017 [cited 2018 Sep 4]. Available from: https://euroqo l.org/eq-5d-instruments/eq-5d-5l-about/valuation-standard-value-se ts/crosswalk-index-value-calculator/.
- Seoul National University of College Medcine, Orthopedics. Textbook of fractures and joint injuries. Paju:Koonja Publishing. 2015:835-63.
- Song JW, Lee HS, Seo SG, Ryu CH. Clinical outcome after early rehabilitation according to injury type in ankle fracture. Journal of Korean Foot Ankle Society. 2017;21(1):21-6. https://doi.org/10.14193/jkfas.2017.21.1.21
- Mason L, Marlow W, Widnall J, Molloy A. Pathoanatomy and associated injuries of posterior malleolus fracture of the ankle. Foot Ankle Int. 2017;38(11):1229-35. https://doi.org/10.1177/1071100717719533
- The Society of Meridian and Acupoints. Details of meridians and acupoints a guide book for college students. 6th ed. Daejeon:Jongryeonamu Publishing Co. 2012:231, 236, 864.
- Kang SS. Right prescriptions. Seoul:Daesung Culture Company. 2003:138-9.
- Budiman-Mak E, Conrad KJ, Mazza J, Stuck RM. A review of the foot function index and the foot function index-revised. J Foot Ankle Res. 2013;6(1):5. https://doi.org/10.1186/1757-1146-6-5
- Pfeifer CG, Grechenig S, Frankewycz B, Ernstberger A, Nerlich M, Krutsch W. Analysis of 213 currently used rehabilitation protocols in foot and ankle fractures. Injury. 2015;46(4):51-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-1383(15)30018-8