- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Protection Technologies against Large-scale Computing Attacks in Blockchain
블록체인에서 대용량 컴퓨팅 공격 보호 기술
- Received : 2019.05.07
- Accepted : 2019.06.30
- Published : 2019.06.30
The blockchain is a technique for managing transaction data in distributed computing manner without the involvement of central trust authority. The blockchain has been used in various area such as manufacturing, culture, and public as well as finance because of its advantage of the security, efficiency and applicability. In the blockchain, it was considered safe against 51% attack because the adversary could not have more than 50% hash power. However, there have been cases caused by large-scale computing attacks such as 51% and selfish mining attack, and the frequency of these attacks is increasing. In addition, since the development of quantum computers can hold exponentially more information than their classical computer, it faces a new type of threat using quantum algorithms. In this paper, we perform the security analysis of blockchain attacks composing the large computing capabilities including quantum computing attacks. Finally, we suggest the technologies and future direction of the blockchain development in order to be safe against large-scale computing attacks.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Nakamoto, Satoshi. "Bitcoin: A peer-to-peer electronic cash system.", 2008.
- 양환석, 최대수, "MANET 환경에서 데이터 무결성 보장을 위한 블록체인 적용에 관한 연구", 융합보안논문지, 제18권, 제5호, pp. 53-58, 2018.
- "WEF", www.3.weforum.org.
- "coinhills, "https://www.coinhills.com/ko/market/exchange.
- 백승수, "환자의 익명성이 보장되는 암호문 정책 속성중심 암호를 활용한 블록체인 기반 전자 의무기록 공유 프레임워크", 융합보안논문지, 제19권, 제1호, pp. 49-60, 2019.
- CCN, "Privacy Coin Verge Succumbs to 51% Attack [Again]", https://www.ccn.com, 2018.
- FORTUNE, "Bitcoin Spinoff Hacked in Rare 51% Attack", http://fortune.com, 2018.
- Chen, L., Chen, L., Jordan, S., Liu, Y. K., Moody, D., Peralta, R., and Smith-Tone, D., "Report on post-quantum cryptography", National Institute of Standards and Technology, 2016.
- 김준상, "블록체인 기반 암호화폐의 조사", 한국컴퓨터정보학회논문지, 제24권, 제2호, pp. 67-74, 2019.
- Zheng, Z., Xie, S., Dai, H., Chen, X., and Wang, H., "An overview of blockchain technology: Architecture, consensus, and future trends", In 2017 IEEE International Congress on Big Data, pp. 557-564, 2017.
- Bach, L. M., Mihaljevic, B., and Zagar, M., "Comparative analysis of blockchain consensus algorithms", In 2018 41st International Convention on Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Microelectronics, pp. 1545-1550, 2018.
- Eyal, I., and Sirer, E. G., "Majority is not enough: Bitcoin mining is vulnerable", Communications of the ACM, Vol. 61, No. 7, pp. 95-102. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1145/3212998
- Courtois, N. T., & Bahack, L., "On subversive miner strategies and block withholding attack in bitcoin digital currency." arXiv preprint arXiv:1402.1718, 2014.
- Kwon, Y., Kim, D., Son, Y, Vasserman, E., and Kim, Y., "Be selfish and avoid dilemmas: Fork after withholding attacks on bitcoin" In Proceedings of the 2017 ACM SIGSAC Conference on Computer and Communications Security, pp. 195-209, 2017.
- Bonneau and Joseph. "Hostile blockchain takeovers", Bitcoin'18: Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on Bitcoin and Blockchain Research, 2018.
- Aggarwal, D., Brennen, G. K., Lee, T., Santha, M., and Tomamichel, M., "Quantum attacks on Bitcoin, and how to protect against them", arXiv preprint arXiv:1710.10377, 2017.
- Boyer, M., Brassard, G., Hoyer, P., and Tapp, A., "Tight bounds on quantum searching", Fortschritte der Physik: Progress of Physics, Vol. 46, No. 45, pp. 493-505, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1521-3978(199806)46:4/5<493::AID-PROP493>3.0.CO;2-P