- Volume 22 Issue 7
This paper presents the design and implementation of a Mission Planning System(MPS) for multiple ballistic missiles. MPSs are also a kind of M&S systems in defense domain, and these provide important computations on the ground before flights of flying objects. The proposed MPS in this paper has a new concept which is far from generating a set of waypoints of a flying object and proving the set. In this paper, we firstly discuss the research motivation of our own MPS; then, we introduce the design of our MPS and its functionalities. In order to prove the practicality of our MPS, we have conducted a case study.
MPS;Mission Planning System;Ballistic Missile;Mission Analysis;Guided Missile Simulation
- B.R. Mahafza, Radar System Analysis and Design Using MATLAB, CHAPMAN and HALL/CRC, New York, 2000.
- D. Eppstein, "Finding the k Shortest Paths," Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics Journal of Computing, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 652-673, 1999.
- E. Berglund, Mission Planning Technology, a part of 'Technologies for Future Precision Strike Missile Systems' Report, Swedish Defense Research Agency, 2001.
- G.N. Kumar, S. Dadarya, A. Verandani, A.K. Sarkar, and S.E. Talole, "Cruise Missile Mission Planning Using Genetic Algorithm," Proceedings of the International Conference on Modern Research in Aerospace Engineering, pp. 353-362, 2018.
- H.B. Mao, UAV Mission Planning, National Defense Industry Press, Beijing, China, 2015.
- H. Chunhua, F. Yong, J. Zhihong, Z. Jihong, and S. Zengqi, "Mission Planning for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles," Proceeding of the Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science Multi-conferences on Computational Engineering in Systems Applications, pp. 597-601, 2006.
- Jingyu. Kim, "HLA/RTI based on the Simulation Composition Technology," Journal of the Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 244-251, 2016.
- L. Evers, T. Dollevoet, A.I. Barros, and H. Monsuur, "Robust UAV Mission Planning," Annals of Operations Research, pp. 1-17, 2011.
- M.D. Pretty, R.W. Franceschini, and J. Panagos, Multi-Resolution Combat Modeling, In Engineering Principles of Combat Modeling and Distributed Simulation, John Wiley and Sons, New Jersey, USA, 2012.
- R. Aarenstrup, Managing Model-Based Design, The MathWorks Incorporated, 2015.
- S.J. Russell and P. Norvig, Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1995.
- S. Koenig, M. Likhachev, and D. Furcy, Lifelong Planning A*, GIT-COGSCI-2002/2, College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2001.
- S. Gualandi and B. Tranchero, "Concurrent Constraint Programming-based Path Planning for Uninhabited Air Vehicles," Proceedings of Society of Photographic Instrumentation Engineers, Vol. 5417, pp. 176-185, 2004.
- U.S. Naval Research Laboratory, SIMDIS User Manual, Visualization System Integration Section, Code 5773, USNR, 2012.
- Z. Tian, Z. Wei, L. Yaoping, and P. Xianjun, "Overview on Mission Planning System," International Journal of Knowledge Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 56-59, 2016.
- J. Vasilj, I. Stancic, T. Grujic, and J. Music, "Design, Development and Testing of the Modular Unmanned Surface Vehicle Platform for Marine Waste Detection," Journal of Multimedia Information System, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp.195-204, 2017.