- Volume 10 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Medical Supplies KIT Design based on the Intravenous Fluid Therapy for Experience of Medical Staff
의료인의 의료 행위 경험을 위한 정맥 수액 요법용 의료 소모품 키트 디자인
- Lee, Hye-Min (Dept. of Experience Design, Graduate School of Techno Design, Kookmin University) ;
- Pan, Young-Hwan (Dept. of Experience Design, Graduate School of Techno Design, Kookmin University)
- Received : 2019.05.31
- Accepted : 2019.08.20
- Published : 2019.08.28
Medical services should be provided not only to patients but also to medical staff who are the main actors of medical treatment. This paper is based on Ethnography, observing the behavior of medical staff performing medical actions and finding what is the most frequent of physical medical treatment. In particular, I observed the need for recognition and performance of the clinical workforce for invasive medical treatment. Based on the Insight from the observation and analysis of medical staff's behavior on intravenous fluid therapy and in-depth interview, I defined four design value factors. Plus, I suggest a design prototype with a proposal for designing a medical consumable kit for intravenous fluid therapy to validate the design elements. Kitting medical consumables simplify the preparation and disposal process throughout the treatment, enabling rapid medical action and increasing work efficiency.
Supported by : Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy
- Samjong KPMG. (2018). 'The era of smart healthcare' To prepare for a data war. ISSUE MONITOR, 94.
- Y. S. Choi. (2016.11.02.). Digital Healthcare Revolution: Conditions for promoting telemedicine in Korea. MBN. https://www.mk.co.kr/news/it/view/2016/11/763150/
- J. J. Han. (2018.06.28.). No reuse of all disposable medical devices. News1. http://news1.kr/articles/?3357217
- KIDP. (2013), Healthcare Design First Aid Kit. Korea.
- I. W. Kim. (1986). A Study on the Relationship Between Length of Time and Contamination in Open Intravenous Solutions. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 16(1), 67-80.
- J. W. Tomford, C. O. Hershey, C. E. MacLaren., D. K. Porter, & D. I. Cohen. (1984). Intravenous therapy team and Peripheral venous catheter-associated complications. Archives Internal Medicine, 144(6), 1191-1194. DOI : 10.1001/archinte.1984.00350180111017 https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.1984.00350180111017
- Stanley L. (1990). Clinical Skillbuilders ; IV Therapy. Springhouse Co.
- H. J. Kim, S. K. Chaung, K. H. Kim & K. A. Kang. (2007). The Relationship of Pain, Depression and Anxiety which Patients Recognize on Intravenous Injection: Focus on Pain Relating Factors. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 14(3), 306-314.
- H. S. Chang. (1990). Measurment of the nursing workload in a tertiary hospital. Master dissertation. Seoul National University, Seoul.
- D. L. Schumacher. (2005). Teaching tips: Do your CATS PRrr??: A mnemonic device to teach safety checks for administering intravenous medications. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 36(3). 104-106. https://doi.org/10.3928/0022-0124-20050501-07
- J. I. Kim, J. H. Lee & O. J. Chang. (2013). Perceived Importance and Performance of Intravenous Fluid Therapy by Nurses in Small-Medium General Hospitals. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 20(4), 372-380. DOI : 10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.4.372. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.4.372
- Ministry of Environment. (2018). Medical waste separation discharge guidelines. Korea.
- H. M. Lee & Y. H. Pan. (2016). The Study on Medical Supplise System Design for User Consideration and Confidence : Based on Intravenous Fluid Therapy. ESK spring conference. Korea.
- S. J. Song. (2017), Development of the Disposable Safety Lancet as a Single Unit to Prevent Secondary Infection. Journal of the Korean Society of Mechanical Technology, 19(5), 753-758. DOI : 10.17958/ksmt.19.5.201710.753. https://doi.org/10.17958/ksmt.19.5.201710.753
- Y. H. Yom & I. J. Lee. (2010). Causal Relationships among Quality, Service Value, Satisfaction and Loyalty. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 16(4), 497-506. DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2010.16.4.497. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.4.497