- Volume 10 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Thermal Analysis of the Valve in the Selective Catalytic Reduction(SCR) System
선택적 환원촉매장치(SCR)에서 밸브의 열해석에 관한 연구
- Choi, Jae-Wook (Department of Aeronautical System Engineering, Hanseo University) ;
- Kwag, Dong-Gi (Department of Aeronautical System Engineering, Hanseo University)
- Received : 2019.05.24
- Accepted : 2019.08.20
- Published : 2019.08.28
The overall environmental regulations of the industry have been strengthened due to environmental pollution that occurred in modern society. Therefore, R&D of selective reduction catalyst (SCR) is needed to meet these environmental regulations. This paper carried out thermal analysis to develop the pneumatic damper valve (PDV), which is a key component of SCR system. For thermal analysis, verification of material properties was performed first. Verification was performed through the thermal properties test and the thermal tensile test of the specimen, and the results were reinforced with the material properties to enhance the reliability of the thermal analysis.The heat analysis was intended to identify thermal characteristics with PDV in total of three materials (SM400B, SS275, SB410) applied under the conditions of use of PDV, and to confirm the structural stability of the PDV.
Selective Catalytic Reduction;Pneumatic Damper Valve;Diesel Engine;Thermal Deformation;Thermal Analysis
- B. G. Lee. (2015). A Study on the Thermal Analysis of Heat SinkPerformance in the Forced Convection. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, 17(6), 1265-1271
- J. S. Lee. (2019). Behavior Analysis of High Pressure Valve Tester. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 10(1), 149-154
- S. H. Lee, J. Y. Park, E. S. Kim & J. Choi. (2016). Study on thermal deformation of automotive muffler by MIG welding using SYSWELD simulation. Journal of Society of Computational Design and Engineering, 896-898
- J. U. Cho & M. S. Han. (2010). Thermal Stress Analysis on Exhaust System of Car. Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, 9(1), 42-48
- S. Y. Park, G. H. Rhee, Y. H. Nam & M. Y. Lyu. (2015). Structural Stability Study Using Thermal and Structural Analysis of a Bimetal Cylinder in an Injection Molding Machine, Polymer(Korea), 39(5), 775-781
- J. U. Cho & M. S. Han. (2014). Study on Thermal Stress and Flow Analysis at Exhaust Manifold of Car. Transaction of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, 22(2), 23-28
- H. S. Yoon & Y. S. Ryu. (2019). A Convergence Study on the Effects of NH3/NOx Ratio and Catalyst Type on the NOx Reduction by Urea-SCR System of Diesel Engine. Journal of The Korean Convergence Society, 10(4), 131-138.
- J. W. Choi. (2018). PDV Seal Study on Thermal Expansion of SCR System in Ship Diesel Engines. Journal of The Society for Aerospace System Engineering, 607-608
- M. S. Kim & J. W. Choi. (2018). Study on Dynamic Behavior of SCR System for Diesel Engine with Temperature Variation. Journal of The Society for Aerospace System Engineering, 611-612
- I. K. Kwon & N. Y. Jee. (2013). A Study on the Properties of SM 400 for Evaluation of Structural Stability at High Temperature. Journal of Korean Institute of Fire Science & Engineer ING, 27(4), 7-12.
- J. W. Choi & H. C. Jo. (2019). Development of Thermal Anlaysis Model for PDV Blade in SCR System. The Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers, 125-125.
- Z. H. Wang & C. K. Chin. (2018). Study on Exhaust Air Heat Transfer Characteristics of Heat Exchange System for White Smoke Reduction. Journal of the Korean Society of Mechanical Technology, 20(6), 739-744. https://doi.org/10.17958/ksmt.20.6.201812.739
- Y. H. Ryu. (2015). Study on the Installation of SCR System for Generator Diesel Engine of Existing Ship. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, 39(4), 412-417. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2015.39.4.412
- J. W. Oh & K. Y. Sun & H. S. Nam. (2018). Numerical Analysis on Heat Transfer Characteristics of Ventilated Disc Brake with Holes. Journal of the Korean Society of Mechanical Technology, 20(1), 33-39. https://doi.org/10.17958/ksmt.20.1.201802.33
- T. H. Kim & J. S. Choi. (2017). Thermal-structural Analysis and Fatigue Life Evaluation of a Parallel Slide Gate Valvein Accordance with ASME B&PVC. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, 41(2), 157-164