- Volume 10 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Convergence Study on Flow due to the Configuration of Bobsleigh
봅슬레이의 형상에 따른 유동에 관한 융합 연구
- Oh, Bum-Suk (Division of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Cho, Jae-Ung (Division of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2019.06.14
- Accepted : 2019.08.20
- Published : 2019.08.28
The front bumper of bobsleigh is mounted to alleviate the impact, but the air resistance to the bobsleigh depends on the body shape positioned in front. This study was conducted the flow analyses about three kinds of bobsleigh configurations. Models B and C with the sharp type of the front can reduce the air resistance than model A with the round type of the front. And the type that the back of the bumper narrows can generate a flow smoother than the one widening. It is thought that the results of this study can be devoted at ensuring the body design to reduce the flow resistance most at bobsleigh. As the design data with the durability of bobsleigh obtained on the basis of this study result are utilized, the esthetic sense can be shown by being grafted onto the machine or structure at real life.
- Y. J. Ahn, B. J. Kim & B. R. Shin. (2007). Numerical Analysis on Flow Characteristics of High Pressure Drop Control Valves With Anti-Cavitation Trim. Korean Society for Fluid Machinery, 10(4), 61-70. DOI: 10.5293/KFMA.2007.10.4.061
- C. Oh, S. B. Mun & Y. G. Son. (2006). An experimental study on ice slurry fluid and pressure drop characteristics in along a horizontal circular tube around the valve. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineers, 30(3), 382-388.
- S. H. Park, S. K. Kim & M. Y. Ha. (2013). Numerical Study on Flow and Heat Transfer Characteristics of Pipes with Various Shapes. The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, 37(11), 999-1007. DOI : 10.3795/KSME-B.2013.37.11.999
- B. S. Oh & J. U. Cho. (2018). A Convergence Study through Flow Analysis due to the Configuration of Automotive Air Breather. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(10), 265-270.
- J. H. Lee & J. U. Cho. (2015). Study on Convergence Technique through Flow Analysis at the Flexible Joint of the Pipe Laying. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 6(3), 13-18.
- H. C. Lee & J. U. Cho. (2014). A Study on Air Flow Analysis due to the Shape of Automotive Body. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 5(2), 19-23. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.2.019
- J. U. Cho. (2015). Study on Convergence Technique through the Flow Analytical Study inside the Faucet for Bathroom. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 6(2), 37-42.
- C. S. Yi. (2015). Numerical Analysis of the Kitchen Hood Ventilation System for Marine Environment. Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, 14(5), 96-101. Doi : https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2015.14.5.096 https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2015.14.5.096
- J. Y. Park, S. H. Baek & J. H. Kang. (2014). Design Criteria of Spring Stiffness for Pan Check Valve Using CFD Analysis. Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, 13(3), 49-55. DOI : 10.14775/ksmpe.2014.13.3.049
- S. W. Hwang. (2019). A Comparison Study of Performance due to the Oil-cooler Fin Shape for Diesel Engine using Numerical Analysis. Journal of Korean Society of Mechanical Technology, 21(1), 1-7. https://doi.org/10.17958/ksmt.21.1.201902.1
- B. M. Jang & D. H. Cho. (2019). A Study on the Flow Characteristics around Vertical Wall with Flap. Journal of Korean Society of Mechanical Technology, 21(2), 248-253. https://doi.org/10.17958/ksmt.21.2.201904.248
- K. S. Ahn, J. G. Oh, T. H. Yang & G. T. Yeo. (2019). An analysis of the Factors of Moving in and Activation Strategies for Incheon Cold-Chain Cluster using LNG cold energy. Journal of Digital Convergence, 17(2), 101-111.
- S. Y. Min & S. I. Kim. (2018). Study on Improvement of tap water drinking rate of Seoul city Tap water 'Arisu' through usage and recognition analysis. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(9), 399-404.
- J. S. Lim. (2019). A Design of Small Size Sensor Data Acquisition and Transmission System. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 9(1), 136-141.
- J. H. Ku. (2017). A Study on the Platform for Big Data Analysis of Manufacturing Process. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 7(5), 177-182.