- Volume 10 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Convergence Study about Influences of Emotional labor and Social support on Job Embeddedness in Clinical Nurses
임상간호사의 감정노동과 사회적 지지가 직무배태성에 미치는 영향에 관한 융합연구
- kim, kyoung-Ha (Division of Nursing, Songwon University)
- 김경하 (송원대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2019.06.05
- Accepted : 2019.08.20
- Published : 2019.08.28
This study was examined to confirm the effect of emotional labor and social support on Job embeddedness in clinical nurses. The subjects were working in general hospitals over 300 beds in Gwangju area. The 197 data were analyzed by descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation analysis, and hierarchical regression analysis. Deep acting(r=.290, p<.01) of emotional labor and supervisor support(r=.389, p<.01) and peer support (r=.160, p<.05) of social support were reported positively correlated with job embeddedness. Deep acting(
Emotional labor;Social support;Job embeddedness;Clinical nurses;Convergence
- Y. H. Oh. (2010). The Future Requirements and Supply of Registered Nurses in Korea. The Korean Association of Health Economics and Policy, 16(3), 139-161.
- K. H. Kim. (2018). Influence of Personality Traits, Social Support, and Career Decision Self-efficacy on Career Preparation Behavior in Nursing College Students. The Korea Contents Society, 18(3), 399-407.
- Hospotal Nurses Associatin. (2019.01.30). Survey on the status of hospital nursing staff placement. http://www.khna.or.kr/web/information/resource.php
- E. H. Kim & J. H. Kim. (2014). Literature Review of Structural Equation Models for Hospital Nurses' Turnover Intention in Korea. Perspectives in Nursing Science, 11(2), 109-122. https://doi.org/10.16952/pns.2014.11.2.109
- M. J. Song & S. Y. Choi. (2017). A Convergence Study about Influences of Emotional Intelligence and Job Embeddedness on Turnover Intention in General Hospital Nurses. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(2), 83-89. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.2.083
- M. J. Kim, J. W. Lee & J. S. Park. (2017). Effects of Nurses Practice Environment and Job Embeddedness on Turnover Intention in Medium-small sized Hospital. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 18(1), 222-230. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.1.222
- Y. M. Ja & J. K. Kim. (2016). A Structural Model of Hospital Nurses" Turnover Intention : Focusing on Organizational Characteristics, Job Satisfaction, and Job Embeddedness. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 22(3), 292-302. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2016.22.3.292
- J. M. Kang & J. O. Kwon. (2017). A Convergence Study about Influences of Trust in Supervisor, Customer badness behavior, Turnover Intention behavior on Job Embeddedness in Clinical Nurses. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(7), 113-122. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.2.113
- T. R. Mitchell, B. Holtom, T. W. Lee, & M. Erez. (2001) Why peoplestay: using Job Embeddedness to predictvoluntary turnove. Academy of Management Journal, 44(6), 1102-1121.
- Y. S. Kim. (2009). The Role of Self-Efficacy and Social Support in the Relationship between Emotional Labor and Burn out, Turn over Intention among Hospital Nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration 15(4), 515-526.
- F. H. Yang & C. C. Chang. (2008). Emotional labour, job satisfaction and organizational commitment amongst clinical nurses: A questionnaire survey. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 45(6), 879-887. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2007.02.001
- A. A. Grandney. (2000). Emotional regulation in the workplace: A new way to conceptualize emotional labor. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 5(1), 95-110. https://doi.org/10.1037/1076-89188.8.131.52
- K, K. Oak & Y, C. Cho. (2013). The Relationships between Emotional Labour and Depressive Symptoms Among Nurses in University Hospitals. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 14(8), 3794-3803. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.8.3794
- S. R. Kang, Y. J. Kim, Y. U. Seo, Y. Y. Bang & G. J. Lee. (2017). The Influence of the Clinical Nurses' Emotional Labor and Resourcefulness on the Turnover Intention. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 18(6), 302-311. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.1.302
- S. J. Lee & H. J. Woo. (2015). Structural Relationships among Job Embeddedness, Emotional Intelligence, Social Support and Turnover Intention of Nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 21(1), 32-42. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.1.32
- A, S. Lee, C. K. Yoon & J. M. Lee. (2012). Influence of Ego-resilience and Social Support on the Depression of Hospital Nurses. Korean journal of occupational health nursing, 21(1), 46-54. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.1.46
- J. H. Kim & J. H. Hyun. (2005). The Moderating Effects of Social Support between Job Stress and Job Satisfaction in Staff Nurses. Korean journal of occupational health nursing, 14(2), 108-117.
- Y. N. Kim & I. S. Jang. (2014). Moderating and Mediating Effects of Social Support in the Relationship between Work-family Conflict, Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention among Married Women Nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 20(5), 525-534. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.5.525
- H. S. Lee & Y. H. Yom. (2015). Role of Self-leadership and Social Support in the Relationship between Job Embeddedness and Job Performance among General Hospital Nurses, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 21(4), 375-385. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.4.375
- K. H. Kang, Y. R. Chae, & S. Y. Park. (2018). Job Embeddedness of Korean Clinical Nurses: A Literature Review. Korean journal of occupational health nursing, 27(3), 139-151.
- S. B. Kwon, M. J. Park, H. M. Song & J. S. Moon. (2017). Effects of Job Embeddedness and Emotional Intelligence on Performance of Nurses in Medium and Small sized Hospital. The Korean journal of health service management, 11(1), 55-66.
- C. M. Brotheridg & R. T. Lee, Testing a conservation of resources model of the dynamics of emotional labor. J. of Occupational Health Psychology, 7(1), 57-61.
- H. S. Lee. (2017). Analysis of emotional labor and burnout among nurses : a structural equation model based on the conservation of resources theory. Doctor's thesis. Chung-Ang University, Seoul.
- J. S. House. (1981). Work stress and social support. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesely.
- J. Y. Ko. (1999). The Effects of Personality Traits on Job Satisfaction. Journal of the Society of Korea, 33(2), 359-387.
- Y. J. Han. (2016). Structural Equation Model of Burnout among Clinical Nurses-Focused on application of Emotional Labor Theory. Doctor's thesis. Chonnam University, Gwangju.
- T. R. Mitchell, B. Holtom, T. W. Lee, and M. Erez. (2001). Why peoplestay: using Job Embeddedness to predictvoluntary turnover. Academy of Management Journal, 44(6), 1102-1121.
- J. H. Kim. (2010). (The)effects of job embeddedness on turnover intention and organizational citizenship behavior in hospital employee : focusing on moderating effect of personality traits. Doctor's thesis. Kyungsung University, Busan.
- I. H. Lee. (2016). EasyFlow Regression Analysis. Seuol : Hannarae Publishing Co.
- H. S. Hyun. (2017). Factors affecting clinical nurses' job embeddedness. Master's thesis. Chung-Ang University, Seoul.
- S. H. Lee. (2018). Effect of Burnout, Verbal Abuse Experience, and Social Support on Job Embeddedness in the Small and Medium Sized Hospital Nurses. Journal of Digital Convergence. the Korea Convergence Society, 16(12), 477-487.