- Volume 46 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of seasonal effects on production performance of lactation sows reared in two different environments in South Korea
- Yin, Jia (Department of Animal Resource & Science, Dankook University) ;
- Yan, Lei (Department of Animal Resource & Science, Dankook University) ;
- Kim, Inho (Department of Animal Resource & Science, Dankook University)
- Received : 2018.04.10
- Accepted : 2018.08.01
- Published : 2019.09.01
This study was conducted to evaluate seasonal effects on production performance of lactation sows reared in two different environments in South Korea. A total of 76 sows (
- Auldist DE, King RH. 1995. Piglet's role in determining milk production in the sow. In Hennessy DP, Cranwell PD (Eds.). pp. 114-118. anipulating Pig Production V, APSA, Werribee, Australia.
- Azain MJ, Tomkins T, Sowinski JS, Arentson RA, Jewell DE. 1996. Effect of supplemental pig milk replacer on litter performance: Seasonal variation in response. Journal Animal Science 74:2195-2202. https://doi.org/10.2527/1996.7492195x
- Black JL, Mullen BP, Lorschy ML, Giles LR. 1993. Lactation in the sow during heat stress. Livestock Production Science 35:153-170. https://doi.org/10.1016/0301-6226(93)90188-N
- Gourdine JL, Bidanel JP, Noblet J, Renaudeau D. 2006. Effects of season and breed on the feeding behaviour of multiparous lactating sows in a tropical humid climate. Journal Animal Science 84:469-480. https://doi.org/10.2527/2006.842469x
- Koketsu Y, Dial GD. 1997. Factor associated with prolonged weaning to mating interval among sows on farms that wean pigs early. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical 211:894-898.
- Lewis AJ, Speer VC, Haught DG. 1978. Relationship between yield and composition of sows' milk and weight gains of nursing pigs. Journal Animal Science 47:634-638. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1978.473634x
- Mahan DC, Lepine AJ. 1991. Effect of pig weaning weight and associated nursery feeding programs on subsequent performance to 105 kilograms body weight. Journal Animal Science 69:1370-1378. https://doi.org/10.2527/1991.6941370x
- Messias de Braganca M, Mounier AM, Prunier A. 1998. Does feed restriction mimic the effects of increased ambient temperature in lactating sows? Journal Animal Science 76:2017-2024. https://doi.org/10.2527/1998.7682017x
- Noblet J, Etienne M. 1989. Estimation of sow milk nutrient output. Journal Animal Science 67:3352-3359. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1989.67123352x
- Nyachoti CM, Zijlstra RT, De Lange CFM, Patience JF. 2004. Voluntary feed intake in growing-finishing pigs: A review of the main determining factors and potential approaches for accurate predictions. Canadian journal of animal science 84:549-566. https://doi.org/10.4141/A04-001
- Peltoniemi OAT, Tast A, Love RJ. 2000. Factors effecting reproduction in the pig: Seasonal effects and restricted feeding of the pregnant gilt and sow. Animal Reproduction Science 60-61:173-184. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-4320(00)00092-0
- Quiniou N, Noblet J. 1999. Influence of high ambient temperatures on performance of multiparous lactating sows. Journal Animal Science 77:2124-2134. https://doi.org/10.2527/1999.7782124x
- Renaudeau D, Gourdine JL, Quiniou N, Noblet J. 2005. Feeding behavior of lactating sows under hot conditions. Pig News and Information 26:17-22.
- Renaudeau D, Quiniou N, Noblet J. 2001. Effects of exposure to high ambient temperature and dietary protein level on performance of multiparous lactating sows. Journal Animal Science 79:1240-1249. https://doi.org/10.2527/2001.7951240x
- Silva BAN, Noblet J, Oliveiral RFM, Donzele JL, Primot Y, Renaudeau D. 2009. Effects of dietary protein concentration and amino acid supplementation on the feeding behavior of multiparous lactating sows in a tropical humid climate. Journal Animal Science 87:2104-2112. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2008-1332
- Sun HY, Lei Y, Kim IH. 2019. Effect of anise flavor on the performance of sows and their litters with different weaning ages. Korean Journal of Agricultural Science 46:273-283.
- Van den Brand H, Dieleman SJ, Soede NM, Kemp B. 2000. Dietary energy source at two feeding levels during lactation of primiparous sows: I. Effects on glucose, insulin, and luteinizing hormone and on follicle development, weaning-toestrus interval, and ovulation rate. Journal Animal Science 78:369-404.
- Yan L, Jang HD, Kim IH. 2011. Effects of creep feed with varied energy density diets on litter performance. Asian-Aust. Journal Animal Science 24:1435-1439.