- Volume 46 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Work load analysis for determination of the reduction gear ratio for a 78 kW all wheel drive electric tractor design
- Kim, Wan-Soo (Department of Biosystems Machinery Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Baek, Seung-Yun (Department of Biosystems Machinery Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Taek-Jin (Department of Biosystems Machinery Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Yeon-Soo (Department of Biosystems Machinery Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Park, Seong-Un (Research and Development Institute, Tongyang Moolsan Co., Ltd.) ;
- Choi, Chang-Hyun (Department of Bio-mechatronics Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Hong, Soon-Jung (Department of General Education, Korea National College of Agriculture and Fisheries) ;
- Kim, Yong-Joo (Department of Biosystems Machinery Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2019.05.08
- Accepted : 2019.07.23
- Published : 2019.09.01
The purpose of this study was to design a powertrain for a 78 kW AWD (all wheel drive) electric tractor by analyzing the combination of various reduction gear ratios on a commercial motor using data from actual agricultural work and driving conditions. A load measurement system was constructed to collect data using wheel torque meters, proximity sensors, and a data acquisition system. Field experiments for measuring load data were performed for two environmental driving conditions (on asphalt and soil) and four agricultural operations (plow tillage, rotary tillage, loader operation, and baler operation). The attached implements and gear stages were selected through farmer surveys. The range of the reduction ratio was determined by selecting the minimum reduction ratio needed to satisfy the torque condition required for agricultural operations and the maximum reduction gear ratio to satisfy the maximum travel speed. The minimum reduction gear ratio selected was 57 in consideration of the working load condition and the maximum reduction gear ratio selected was 62 considering the maximum running speed. In the range of the reduction gear ratio 57 - 62, the selected motor satisfied all working torque conditions. As a result, the combination of the selected motor and reduction gear ratio was applicable for satisfying the loads required during agricultural operation and driving operation.
Grant : 100 kW급 총륜구동 자율주행 건설.농업용 로봇 플랫폼 기술 개발
Supported by : 한국산업기술평가관리원
- Hong SJ, Kim YJ, Chung SO, Choi CH, Park SB, Noh HS, Jang JH. 2017. Determination of safety factor for agricultural gear reducer using simulation software. Korean Journal of Agricultural Science 45:283-289. [in Korean]
- Jang JH, Kim WS, Choi CH, Park SU, Kim YJ. 2018. Analysis of power requirement of the underground crop harvester attached on agricultural tractor during traction operation. Journal of Korea Institute of Information, Electronics, and Communication Technology 11:150-155. [in Korean]
- Jang ME, Jeong SK, Han KH, Yeo ST. 2014. A study on optimization of components sizing for 4x4 series hybrid electric propulsion systems. Journal of the Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology 17:159-166. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.9766/KIMST.2014.17.2.159
- Jung KH. 2013. Gear train design of 8-speed automatic transmission for tractor. Journal of the Korean Society for Fluid Power and Construction Equipments 10:30-36. [in Korean]
- Kang HM, Jung DB, Kim MJ, Min KD. 2013. Study of energy management strategy considering various working modes of plug-in hybrid electric tractor. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers B 37:181-186. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2013.37.2.181
- Kim HK, Choi JW, Yoo SJ, Yi KS. 2011a. Development of power management strategies for a compound hybrid excavator. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 35:1537-1542. [in Korean]
- Kim JY, Park YI. 2012. Analysis of agricultural working load experiments for reduction gear ratio design of an electric tractor powertrain. Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers 20:138-144. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2012.20.5.138
- Kim WS, Kim YJ, Chung SO, Lee DH, Choi CH, Yoon YW. 2016. Development of simulation model for fuel efficiency of agricultural tractor. Korean Journal of Agricultural Science 43:116-126. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.7744/kjoas.20160014
- Kim YJ, Chung SO, Choi CH. 2013. Effects of gear selection of an agricultural tractor on transmission and PTO load during rotary tillage. Soil & Tillage Research 134:90-96. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.still.2013.07.013
- Kim YJ, Chung SO, Choi CH, Lee DH. 2011b. Evaluation of tractor PTO severeness during rotary tillage operation. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 36:163-170. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2011.36.3.163
- Kim YJ, Chung SO, Park SJ, Choi CH. 2011c. Analysis of the power requirements of agricultural tractors by major field operation. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 36:79-88. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2011.36.2.79
- Kim YJ, Lee DH, Chung SO, Park SJ, Choi CH. 2011d. Analysis of power requirement of agricultural tractor during baler operation. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 36:243-251. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2011.36.4.243
- Lee DH, Choi CH, Chung SO, Kim YJ, Inoue E, Okayasu T. 2016a. Evaluation of tractor fuel efficiency using dynamometer and baler operation cycle. Journal of the Faculty of Agriculture Kyushu University 61:173-182.
- Lee DH, Kim YJ, Choi CH, Chung SO, Inoue E, Okayasu T. 2017. Development of a parallel hybrid systems for agricultural tractors. Journal of the Faculty of Agriculture Kyushu University 62:137-144.
- Lee DH, Kim YJ, Chung SO, Choi CH, Lee KH, Shin BS. 2015. Analysis of the PTO load of a 75 kW agricultural tractor during rotary tillage and baler operation in Korean upland fields. Journal of Terramechanics 60:75-83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jterra.2015.06.002
- Lee PU, Chung SO, Choi CH, Joo JH, Rhee JY, Choi YS, Ha JW, Park YJ, Hong SJ, Kim YJ. 2016b. Load capacity simulation of an agricultural gear reducer by surface heat treatment. Korean Journal of Agricultural Science 43:656-664. [in Korean]
- MAFRA (Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs). 2006. Development of optimal tillage system based on soil physical properties. p. 32-33. MAFRA, Sejong, Korea. [in Korean]
- Park SJ, Kim YJ, Lee DH. 2013. Analysis of load and fuel efficiency of agricultural tractor by gear selection during plow tillage. Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment 11:631-635.
- Park YI, Kim JY, Lee YJ. 2010. Development of the all electric range extended electric tractor. pp. 1901-1906. In proceedings of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers. [in Korean]
- RDA (Rural Development Administration). 2015. A study on the using state of agricultural machinery and mechanized rate. p. 11-12. RDA, Jeonju, Korea. [in Korean]
- Shen YH, Gao Y, Xu T. 2016. Multi-axle vehicle dynamics stability control algorithm with all independent drive wheel. International Journal of Automotive Technology 17:795-805. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-016-0078-x
- Sim KJ, Cho WY, Park TG, Oh SH, Choi GJ, Lee YJ. 2010. Design of the driving motor power for an electric tractor using the duty analysis. pp. 1709-1714. In proceedings of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers. [in Korean]
- Wu X, Zheng D, Wang T, Du J. 2019. Torque optimal allocation strategy of all-wheel drive electric vehicle based on difference of efficiency characteristics between axis motors. Energies 12:1-16.
- Yoo IH, Kim BW. 2013. A study of driving simulation considering the various working modes of electric tractor. Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society 14:5357-5365. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.11.5357