- Volume 7 Issue 3
This study is about the creation of a character art using the free association. Character in proposed artwork induces the viewer's unconscious experience associated with it and creates new meanings to invigorate the character. When a character that performs both a linguistic function and a visual image function goes through a free association process, the viewer can induce interest and convey the meaning of the character more effectively. We proposed two ways to express the dynamic movement of the character more actively. One is drawing using various colors and free lines, and the other is the movement of the character synchronized with the gesture of the viewer. As a result of implementing dynamic character art, we can see that the viewer was actively involved in the free association process and immersed in the artwork. The viewers participated in the creation of the artwork, changing the shape of the character according to their various gestures.
Supported by : Dong Yang University
- E. Adler, and J. L. Bachant, "Free Associatioan and Analytic Neutraltity: Basic Structure of the Psychoanalytic Situation," Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association, Vol. 44, No. 4, pp. 1021-1046, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1177/000306519604400403
- S. Spacal, "Free association as a method of self-observation in relation to other methodological principles of psychoanalysis," The Psychoanalytic Quarterly, Vol. 59, No. 3, pp. 420-436, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1080/21674086.1990.11927279
- J. Forlizzi, J. Lee, and S. Hudson, "The kinedit system: affective messages using dynamic texts," In Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 377-384, 2003.
- H. Kim, and H. Lee, "Enhancing emotion in kinetic typography," International Journal of Asia Digital Art and Design, Vol. 7, pp. 5-10, 2008.
- V. L. Theo, and E. Djonov, "Notes towards a semiotics of kinetic typography," Social Semiotics, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 244-253, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1080/10350330.2015.1010324
- S. Lim, "Emotional Communication on Interactive Typography System," International Journal of Contents, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 41-44, 2018. https://doi.org/10.5392/IJOC.2018.14.2.041
- S. Lim, "Interactive drawing with user's intentions using image segmentation," International Journal of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 73-80, 2018. https://doi.org/10.7236/IJIBC.2018.10.3.73
- R. Fabbri et al., "2D Euclidean distance transform algorithms: A comparative survey," ACM computing surveys, Vol. 40, Issue. 1, No. 2, 2008.
- T. Osunkoya and J. C. Chern, "Gesture-based Human Computer Interaction using Kinect for Windows Mouse Control and Powerpoint Presentation," In Proceedings Midwest Instruction and Computing Symposium, Wisconsin, USA, 2013.
- S. Lim, and D. Lee, "Realization of a Motion-based Interactive System Using Extraction of Real-time Search Terms," International Journal of Contents, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 31-36, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5392/IJoC.2016.12.2.031
- Kinect for Windows SDK 2.0, https://developer.microsoft.com/ko-kr/windows/kinect/tools (accessed Aug. 04, 2019.