- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Trend of Yoga Research for the Elderly
노인에 대한 요가 연구의 동향 분석
- Son, Bo Myeong (The Member of the Korean Academy of Medical Gigong) ;
- Beag, Ji You (The Member of the Korean Academy of Medical Gigong) ;
- Lee, Jae Heung (The Member of the Korean Academy of Medical Gigong)
- 손보명 (대한의료기공학회) ;
- 백지유 (대한의료기공학회) ;
- 이재흥 (대한의료기공학회)
- Received : 2019.12.01
- Accepted : 2019.12.19
- Published : 2019.12.31
Objective: The purpose of this study was to analyze the study on yoga for senior in Korea. Methods: As for the data collection through RISS, analysis data were collected by searching for keywords such "yoga", "senior" "elder". The analysis was classified by 1) types of thesis 2) types of study 3) number of study participants and study period 4) types of yoga 5) list of academic journals and publishers. Results: 1. A total of studies were 133, the first study on yoga for senior published 2001. Average 7 studies were published each year. The number of studies has increased since 2006 and decreased since 2010. 2. About half of the researchers related to art and physical education and sports (51.8%). And researchers related to social science published remarkable number of studies (23.3%). 3. Most of researches were experimental study. Conclusions: 1. Hatha yoga could be recommended as a suitable yoga for senior. 2. There is a growing need to develop yoga for senior in preparation for aging society. Grafting yoga on traditional Gigong practice could be a proper exercise for senior.
- Park SW. Sarcopenia of the Old Age. The Korean Society of Endocrinology. 2007;22(1):1-7. https://doi.org/10.3803/jkes.2007.22.1.1
- Lee EH, Baek JS. A Study on the Trend of Domestic Yoga Research Trends and Task Studies through Reviewing of the Review Method. Journal of Korean Society for the Study of Physical Education. 2017;21(4):135-48. https://doi.org/10.15831/JKSSPE.2017.21.4.135
- Kwak MJ. Study of Researches on Yoga in Korea. Journal of Yoga Studies. 2011;6:1-34.
- Kwak MJ. A study on the domestic recent research trends in related to yoga. Journal of Yoga Studies. 2018:113-45.
- Ahn YJ, Jo SH, Lee SH, Lim JH. The Review Study on Yoga, Qigong, and Taichi Interventions for Anxiety: Based on Korean Journal Articles from 2009 to 2015. The Korean Society of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2016;27(1):23-31. https://doi.org/10.7231/jon.2016.27.1.023
- Lee JH, Kim JH, Jung JH, Jo MG, Lee EM. Research Trends on Qigong-related Studies in Korea since 2008. J of Korean Academy of Medical Gi-Gong. 2016;16(1):1-58.
- Lee SH, Won YS, Lee MK. Analysis of Causal Model for Job Burnout, Job Embeddedness and Turnover Rate among Senior Sports For All Instructors. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2015;60:619-29.
- Bae JY. A study on the training experience and meaning of middle & young-old aged men doing yoga: The men who do yoga against gender performance. Korean Journal of Sport Science. 2017;28(1):60-80. https://doi.org/10.24985/kjss.2017.28.1.60
- 이태영. 요가 하타요가에서 쿤달리니탄트라까지: 여래; 2006:364.
- Desikachar K. Viniyoga, its Philosophy and Practices. The Journal of Yoga. 2016;5(1):111-34.
- Kim WH, Hong WS. A Documentational Study on the Development of Chi-Kung-Hak. . J of Korean Academy of Medical Gi-Gong. 1996;1(1):13-64.
- 김지선, 김수연. The Effects of Combined Exercise Program Based on Qigong on the Body Composition and Physical Fitness of Rural Elderly People. KINESIOLOGY. 2011;13(1):91-102.
- Go HY, Kong KH, Kim NY, Shin MR, Lee SE, Seung Ho Sun, et al. Study of Efficacy of Gigong Program in Health Promotion Service Programs. Journal of Korean Medicine. 2010;31(4):141-50.
- 이종한. 국선도 수련과 요가 수행 비교연구 : 국선도를 중심으로 [석사]. 대전: 대전대학교 보건스포츠대학원; 2004:79.
- Baek MS. (The) effect of yoga and gigong training on blood catecholamine, histamine, potassium level and lipid profiles in old females with osteoarthritis [Doctoral Thesis]. Daejeon: Daejeon University; 2009:69.
- Lee SH. Universality and Differentiation on the Training Methods of Qigong Exercise and Yoga [Master's Thesis]. Yongin-si: Graudate School of Industry, Myongji University; 2014:60.
- Park IS. A Studies on The Characteristics of popular Health Fulfillment : - Led by Kouksundo, Danhak, Yoga - [Master's thesis]. Gyeonggi-do: Graudate School of Industry, Myongji University; 2014:89.