- Volume 54 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on Property Modification with Polymer Compositions in the Manufacture of Compounds for Cable Sheath
- Li, Xiang Xu (School of Energy, Materials and Chemical Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Lee, Sang Bong (School of Energy, Materials and Chemical Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Cho, Ur Ryong (Research Center of Eco-Friendly & High Performance Chemical Materials, Korea University of Technology and Education)
- Received : 2019.07.12
- Accepted : 2019.07.29
- Published : 2019.09.30
Herein, three polymer compounds were manufactured using three polymer combination methods, ethylene-vinyl acetate/ethylene-propylene-diene-copolymer (EPDM), ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA)/polyethylene-A (PE-A; density: 0.870), and ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA)/polyethylene-B (PE-B; density: 0.885), for making cable sheath for use in the shipping industry. In this study, EVA, EPDM, PE-A, and PE-B were used as matrix polymers, and EVA-grafted maleic anhydride was used as a coupling agent for compounding with various compounds such as a fire retardant, cross-linking agent, filler, and other additives, besides the plasticizer.
- G. F. Beekman and M. A. Hastbacka, "Magnesium-oxide and Magnesium-hydroxide in Chlorosulfonated Polyethylene for roofing Membranes", Rubber Chemistry and Technology. Rubber Div. Univ. Akron Po. Box 499, Akron, OH 44309-0499: Amer. Chemical Soc. Inc., 59, 673 (1986).
- Y. J. Lee, S. B. Lee, J. Y. Jung, D. H. Lee, and U. R. Cho, "A Study on Composites of Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate Copolymer and Ethylene-Propylene-Diene Rubber with Aluminum Hydroxide as a Fire Retardant", Elastomers and Composites, 51, 93 (2016). https://doi.org/10.7473/EC.2016.51.2.93
- J. Rychl and J. Pavlinec, "Thermal degradation of free radically prepared poly (methyl methacrylate). A nonisothermal weight loss study", Polym. Degrad. Stabil., 28, 1 (1990). https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-3910(90)90048-C
- J. Rychl and L. Rychla, "Non-isothermal thermogravimetry of polymer", J. Therm Anal., 35, 77 (1989). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01914266
- D. H. Lee, K. H. Lee, and U. R. Cho, "Property Comparison of Bio-Polyurethane and Petroleum based Polyurethane", Journal of the Semiconductor & Display Technology, 17, 47 (2018).
- S. H. Jang, X. X. Li, and U. R. Cho, "A Study on Graphene Oxide and Carboxylated Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (XSBR) Nanocomposites", Journal of the Semiconductor & Display Technology, 16, 52 (2017).
- Y. J. Chung, "Combustive Properties of Low Density Polyethylene and EthylenenVinyl Acetate Composites Including Magnesium Hydroxide", Journal of Korean Institute of Fire Science and Engineering, 25, 67 (2011).
- Korea Intellectual Properties Office, "Report of New Technology Trend: Polymer Additives", Daejeon, 1, 54 (2001).
- M. Lee, D. Yu, T. Kim, S. Lee, J . H. Kim, and Y. C . Lee, "Flame Retardancy and Physical Properties of Ethylene Vinyl Acetate/Aluminum Trihydroxide Composites", Polymer (Korea), 39, 433 (2015). https://doi.org/10.7317/pk.2015.39.3.433
- S. B. Lee, X. X. Li, and U. R. Cho, "Study on Manufacture and Properties of Polymer Compounds for Cable Sheath", Journal of the Semiconductor & Display Technology, 18, 42 (2019).
- S. B. Lee, X. X. Li, and U. R. Cho, "Study on Properties Modify with Different Plasticizers in the Manufacture of Polymer Compounds for Cable Sheath", Elastomers and Composites, 54, 35 (2019).
- S. B. Lee, X. X. Li, and U. R. Cho, "Study on Properties Modification with the Fire Retardant Content in the Manufacture of Polymer Compounds for Cable Sheath", Elastomers and Composites, 54, 118 (2019).
- S. B. Lee, X. X. Li, and U. R. Cho, "Study on Property Modification with Kind and Additive Amount of Plasticizer in the Manufacture of Compounds for Cable Sheath", Journal of the Semiconductor & Display Technology, 18, 11 (2019).
- M. P. Stevens, "Polymer Chemistry, 3rd Ed., Oxford University Press. Oxford New York, 156 (1999).