- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Hydraulic Analysis of a Discontinuous Rock Mass Using Smeared Fracture Model and DFN Model
DFN 모델과 스미어드 균열 모델을 이용한 불연속 암반의 3차원 수리해석
- Park, Jungchan (Department of Energy Resources Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Seop (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Changsoo (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kwon, Sangki (Department of Energy Resources Engineering, Inha University)
- Received : 2019.09.18
- Accepted : 2019.10.09
- Published : 2019.10.31
A three-dimensional(3D) equivalent continuum modeling was performed to analyze hydraulic behavior of rock mass considering discontinuities by using DFN model and smeared fracture model. DFN model was generated by FLAC3D and smeared fracture model was applied by using FISH functions, which is built-in functions in FLAC3D, for equivalent continuum model of fractured rock mass. Comparative analysis with 3DEC, which is for discontinuum analysis, was conducted to verify reliability of equivalent continuum analysis by using FLAC3D. Similar results of hydraulic analysis under the same conditions could be achieved. Equivalent continuum analysis of fractured rock mass by using DFN model was implemented to compare with existing analytical methods for inflow into the tunnel.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Agharazi, A., 2013, "Development of a 3D Equivalent Continuum Model for Deformation Analysis of Systematically Jointed Rock Masses", PhD Thesis, University of Alberta
- Anagnostou, G., 1995, "The influence of tunnel excavation on the hydraulic head", International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, Vol. 19, No. 10, pp. 725-746. https://doi.org/10.1002/nag.1610191005
- Blanford, Mark L., and Samuel W. Key., 1987, "An Example of Continuum versus Quasi-Discrete Modeling of a Jointed Rock Mass", in constitutive Laws for Engineering Materials: Theory and Practice, pp. 1003-1010.
- Chen, Z. X., 1989, "Transient Flow of Slightly Compressible Fluids through Double-Porosity, Double-Permeability Systems", A state-of-the-Art Review, Transport of Porous Media. Vol. 4, pp. 147-184. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00134995
- Chisyaki, T., 1984, "A study on confined flow of ground water through a tunnel", Ground Water, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 162-167. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-6584.1984.tb01485.x
- FLAC manual, "FLUID-MECHANICAL INTERACTION - SINGLE FLUID PHASE ".
- Gerrard, C. M., 1982, "Elastic models of rock masses having one, two and three sets of joints", Int J Rock Mech Min Sci & Geomech Abstr, 19:15-23. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-9062(82)90706-9
- Goodman, R. E., D. G. Moye, A. van Schalkwyk, and I. Javandel, 1965, "Groundwater inflows during tunnel driving", Engineering Geology, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 39-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-7952(67)90005-1
- Igarashi T, Tanaka Y, Kawanishi M, 1994, "Application of three dimensional smeared fracture model to the groundwater flow and the solute migration of LPT-2 experiment", SKB HRL ICR 94-08.
- Kavvadas, M, 2013, "Tunnelling in Hard Soils-Weak Rocks : General Report", Proceedings of the 15th European conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, pp. 219-231.
- Koo H. B., Kim, S.H., Kim S. H., and Lee, J. Y., 2008, "A Study on Jointed Rock Mass Properties and Analysis Model of Numerical Simulation on Collapsed Slope", Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 65-78.
- Kwon, S., Lee, C. S., Yoon, C. H., Jeon, S. W., and Cho, W. J., 2011, "Borehole Heater Test at KAERI Underground Research Tunnel", Tunnel and underground space, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 225-234. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2011.21.3.225
- Lee J. H., 2009, "(The) Difference for Numerical Analysis on Jointed Rock Tunnel", Master Thesis, Chonnam National University Graduate.
- Meiri, D., 1985, "Unconfined groundwater flow calculation into a tunnel", Journal of Hydrology, Vol. 82, No. 1, pp. 69-75. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1694(85)90047-2
- Min, K. B., 2004, "Fractured Rock Masses as Equivalent Continua: A Numerical Study", PhD Thesis.
- Morland, L. W., 1974, "Continuum model of regularly jointed mediums", Journal of Geophysical Research. Vol. 79, No. 2, pp. 357-362. https://doi.org/10.1029/JB079i002p00357
- Park, Y. J., and You, K. H., 1998, "Stability Analysis for Jointed Rock Slope Using Ubiquitous Joint Model", Tunnel and underground space, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 287-295.
- Polubarinova-Kochina, P. Ya., 1962, "Theory of Ground Water Movement", Translated by R.J.M.DeWiest., Princeton, NewJersey, Princeton University.
- Singh, B., 1973, "Continuum Characterization of Jointed Rock Mass", Int. Journal of Rock Mech. Min. Sci., and Geomech. Abstr Vol.10, pp.311-349. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-9062(73)90041-7
- Tal, A., and G. Dagan, 1983, "Flow toward storage tunnels beneath a water table 1. Two-dimensional flow", Water Resources Research, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 241-250. https://doi.org/10.1029/WR019i001p00241
- Tal, A., and G. Dagan, 1984, "Flow toward storage tunnels beneath a water table 2. Three-dimensional flow", Water Resources Research, Vol. 20, No. 9, pp. 1216-1224. https://doi.org/10.1029/WR020i009p01216
- ZHANG Yongtao, 2014, "Analysis of seepage field of highway tunnel excavation by finite difference method", Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vols. 638-640(2014), pp. 798-803. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.638-640.798
- Zienkiewicz, O. C., Pande, G. N., 1977, "Time-dependent multi-laminate model of rocks-a numerical study of deformation and failure of rock masses", International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, Vol. 1, pp. 219-247. https://doi.org/10.1002/nag.1610010302