- Volume 29 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Anti-obesity Effects of Banggihwnggi-tang-hap-yeonggyechulgam-tang in High Fat Diet Induced Obese Mice Model
고지방식이 비만모델에서 방기황기탕(防己黃芪湯) 합(合) 영계출감탕(苓桂朮甘湯)의 항비만 효과
- Kim, Tae-Ryeong (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Daegu Haany University) ;
- Kim, Young-Jun (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Daegu Haany University) ;
- Woo, Chang-Hoon (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Daegu Haany University)
- Received : 2019.09.15
- Accepted : 2019.10.06
- Published : 2019.10.31
Objectives This study is to investigate anti-obesity effects of Banggihwanggi-tang-hap-yeonggyechulgam-tang (BY), an herbal formula, in high fat diet induced obese mice model. Methods Fourty five male C57Bl/6J mice were randomly assigned to normal group fed with normal research diet (Nor, n=9), high fat diet control group treated with water (Veh, n=9), high fat diet group treated with orlistat (Oris; n=9, Orlistat 40 mg/kg), high fat diet group treated with low concentraion BY (BYL; n=6, BY 0.87 g/kg) and high fat diet group treated with high concentration BY (BYH; n=6, BY 1.74 g/kg). Results Seven weeks later, antioxidative capacity, body weight, epididymal fat pad and liver weight, reactive oxygen species (ROS), peroxynitrite (
- Choi YG, Min HG, Koh CS, Heo GB, Lee TH, Lee HG, Shin SH, Kim YS. Endocrinology. Medicine Publish. 1994:735-42.
- Calle EE, Kaaks R. Overweight, obesity and cancer : epidemiological evidence and proposed mechanisms. Nat Rev Cancer. 2004;4(8):579-91. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrc1408
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Health and Nutrition Survey No.117002, Seoul. Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2015.
- Kim KG. Safety of anti-obesity drugs approved for long-term use. The Korean Journal of Obesity. 2015;24(1):17-27. https://doi.org/10.7570/kjo.2015.24.1.17
- Moon JS, Kang BG, Ryu EG, Choi SM. A study of syndrome index differentiation in obesity. J Korean Med Obes Res. 2007;7(1):55-69.
- Kim SJ, Shin SW, Kim HJ. Obesity from the view point of metabolic rate. J Korean Med Obes Res. 2003;3(1):95-105.
- Song MY. Evaluation of efficacy of aconitum carmichaeli debx extract on obesity and glucose tolerance in diet induced obese mice. J Korean Med Obes Res. 2017;17(1):29-36. https://doi.org/10.15429/jkomor.2017.17.1.29
- Tseng YH, Cypess AM, Kahn CR. Cellular bioenergetics as a target for obesity therapy. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2010;9(6):465-82. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrd3138
- Heo SY, Kang HS. Oriental and Western medical study on the treatment of obesity. J Korean Med Rehabil. 1997;7(1);272-86.
- The Society of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. Korean Rehabilitation Medicine. 4th ed. Paju:Koonja Publishing. 2015: 298-314.
- Jang JG. Geumgweyoryakbangron. Seoul:Sungbo publish. 1985: 21,35,70.
- Song YS. Effects of Bangkihwangkitang, Bangkihwangkitang with Lycii fructus and Lycii fructus on the weight of obese rats. Hangukjeontonguihakji. 1991;1(1):25-43.
- Park BH. Sanghanronhaeseol. Seoul:Euibang publish. 2004: 218-20.
- Jin SW. Geumgweyoryakcheonju. Seoul:Salgusup publish. 2018: 50-2.
- The Korean Medicine Society for the Herbal Formula Study. The Herbal Formula Study. Seoul:Yeongrim publish. 1999: 514-515.
- Folin AD, Denis W. A colorimetric method for the determination of phenols (and phenolderivatives) in urine. J Biol Chem. 1915;22:305-8.
- Chang CC, Yang MH, Wen HM, Chen JC. Estimation of total flavonoid content in propolis by two complementary colorimetric methods. J Food Drug Anal. 2002;10:178-82.
- Blois MS. Antioxidants determination by the use of a stable free radical. Nat 1958;181:1199-200. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- Re R, Pellegrini N, Proteggente A, Pannala A, Yang M, Rice-Evans C. Antioxidant activity applying an improved ABTS radical cation decolorization assay. Free Radical Biology and Medicine. 1998;26(9):1231-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0891-5849(98)00315-3
- Kooy NW, Royall JA, Ischiropoulos H. Oxidation of 2',7'-dichlorofluorescin by peroxynitrite. Free Radic Res. 1997;27(3):245-54. https://doi.org/10.3109/10715769709065763
- Chopra M, Galbraith S, Darnton-Hill I. A global response to a global problem : the epidemic of overnutrition. Bull World Health Organ 2002;80(12):952-8.
- Korean Society for the Study of Obesity. Clinical obesity. Seoul:Koryeo Medicine Publish. 2008: 403-13.
- Lee BJ, Kim SH. The study of record relate with the notion, the diagnosis and treatment for obesity. J Haehwa Med. 1998;7(1):533-41.
- Han CT, Lee SH, Lim SB, Kong HS, Kim SH, Lee SK. Studies on production of high fat diet induced obesity C57BL/6NCrjBgi mice. Lab Anim Res. 2006;22(3):221-6.
- Song MY. The study of the changes of obesity-relating biomarkers in high fat fed-induced C57BL/6 mice. J Korean Med Obes Res. 2016;16(1):19-26. https://doi.org/10.15429/jkomor.2016.16.1.19
- Bae GJ, Ha BJ. Antioxidative effect of fermented rhynchosia nulubilis in obese rats. J Food Hyg Saf. 2015;30(4):383-9. https://doi.org/10.13103/JFHS.2015.30.4.383
- Morihiro M, Iichiro S. Increased oxidative stress in obesity: Implications for metabolic syndrome, diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, atherosclerosis, and cancer. Obes Res Clin Pract. 2013;7:e330-41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.orcp.2013.05.004
- Channon KM, Qian H, George SE. Nitric oxide synthase in atherosclerosis and vascular injury:insights from experimentalgene therapy. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2000;20:1873-81. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.ATV.20.8.1873
- Lee KN, Hwang YS, Lee SH, Neo KH, Yan DH, Jeong SK. Handbook of laboratory & diagnostic tests. Seoul: Sungjee D & J Co. Ltd. 2015:23-8.
- Shin W, Lee KR. The effect of aerobic exercise on insulin resistance and free fatty acids of impaired fasting glucose in mid㎗e aged women. The Journal of Korea Society for Wellness. 2013;(8)4:337-45.
- Goldberg IJ. Lipoprotein lipase and lipolysis : central roles in lipoprotein metabolism and atherogenesis. J Lipid Res. 1996;37(4):693-707.
- Olusi SO. Obesity is an independent risk factor for plasma lipid peroxidation and depletion of erythrocyte cytoprotectic enzymes in humans. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2002;26(9):1159-64. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ijo.0802066
- Lioyd D. How to avoid oxygen. Science 1999:249,286.
- Kesavulu MM, Giri R, Kameswara RB, Apparao C. Lipid peroxidation and antioxidant enzyme levels in type 2 diabetics with microvascular complications. Diabete Metab. 2000;26(5):387-92.
- Sung KS, Chun C, Kwon YH, Kim KH, Chang CC. Effects of red ginseng component on the antioxidative enzymes activities and lipid peroxidation in the liver of mice. J Ginseng Res. 2000;24, 29-34.
- Maines MD. The heme oxygenase system: a regulator of second messenger gases. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 1997;37:517-54. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.pharmtox.37.1.517
- Lee TS, Chau LY. Heme oxygenase-1 mediates the anti-inflammatory effect of interleukin-10 in mice. Natl Med. 2000;8:240-6.
- Otterbein LE, Chai AM. Heme oxygenase: colors of defense against cellular stress. Am J Physiol 2000;279:1029-37.