- Volume 29 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Clinical Effects of Complex Korean Medicine Treatment in Patient with Delayed Union of the 4th Toe Distal Phalanx Fracture
제 4족지 원위지골 골절 지연유합 환자의 복합 한의치료 효과
- Park, Kyungtae (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, Gwangju Medical Center, College of Korean Medicine, Wonkwang University) ;
- Shin, Hee-Ra (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, Gwangju Medical Center, College of Korean Medicine, Wonkwang University) ;
- An, Sung-Hu (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, Gwangju Medical Center, College of Korean Medicine, Wonkwang University) ;
- Yeom, Seung-Ryong (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, Gwangju Medical Center, College of Korean Medicine, Wonkwang University) ;
- Kwon, Young-Dal (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, Gwangju Medical Center, College of Korean Medicine, Wonkwang University)
- 박경태 (원광대학교 한의과대학 광주한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 신희라 (원광대학교 한의과대학 광주한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 안성후 (원광대학교 한의과대학 광주한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 염승룡 (원광대학교 한의과대학 광주한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 권영달 (원광대학교 한의과대학 광주한방병원 한방재활의학과)
- Received : 2019.09.16
- Accepted : 2019.10.08
- Published : 2019.10.31
The purpose of this study is to report the effect in treating a patient with delayed union of 4th toe distal phalanx fracture with a combination of Korean Medicine treatment. We treated the patient with acupuncture, cupping, pharmacopuncture, moxibustion and herbal medicine, from March 3, 2018 to June 25, 2018 (total 33 times). The numeric rating scale (NRS), X-ray were applied as outcome measures. After complex Korean medicine treatment was carried out, delayed union of 4th toe distal phalanx fracture was improved and pain was reduced. This result shows that Korean medicine treatment may be an effective option for delayed union. Further clinical studies are needed to clarify the effect of Korean medicine treatment on delayed union.
Supported by : 원광대학교
- The Society of Korean Medicine Rehabilitaion. Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 4th ed. Paju:Koonja Publishing. 2015:206, 364-71, 380-416.
- Lee KM, Lim SH, Yoon DY, Kim SJ, Jeong SH. Two clinical cases on patients with pain and limited range of motion about shoulder subsequent to scapular fracture by oriental medical treatments and chuna treatment. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2009;4(2):99-107.
- The Korean Orthopaedic Association. Orthopaedics. 5th ed. Seoul:ChoiSin medical Publishing Co. 1999:571-88.
- Shin HD. Factors and surgical pitfalls causing nonunion. Journal of the Korean Fracture Society. 2008;21(2):180-5. https://doi.org/10.12671/jkfs.2008.21.2.180
- Bae KJ, Jeong JW, Jung MY, Kim SJ. Reviewing research on the treatment and study of fracture in Korean journals objective - focus on domestic thesis. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2015;25(3):27-36.
- Ha WB, Geum JH, Koh NY, Lee JH. The clinical effect of rehabilitation protocol for distal radius fracture in Korean medicine: a report of 3 cases. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2018;28(3):97-106.
- Ha WB, Lee JH, Lee YS, Jo DC, Lee JH, Lee JH. A rehabilitation for ankle fracture in Korean medicine: a report of 4 cases. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2017;27(4):171-83. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2017.27.4.171
- Park SG, Shon OJ. Impaired bone healing metabolic and mechanical causes. Journal of the Korean Fracture Society. 2017;30(1):40-51. https://doi.org/10.12671/jkfs.2017.30.1.40
- Shon OJ, Lee MH, Ahn HS. Non-operative treatment of nonunion. Journal of the Korean Fracture Society. 2014;27(4):338-47. https://doi.org/10.12671/jkfs.2014.27.4.338
- Willems A, van der Jagt OP, Meuffels DE. Extracorporeal shock wave treatment for delayed union and nonunion fractures: a systematic review. Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 2019;33(2):97-103. https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0000000000001361
- Sung HK, Kim JH, Min SY. A case report of delayed healing in femoral shaft fractured child. Journal of Korean Oriental Pediatrics. 2011;25(1):63-71.
- Li CF, Wang JR, Zeng Y, Sun P, Zhao L. Clinical observation on acupuncture combined with inductance coupling for treatment of delayed union and nonunion. Zhongguo Zhen Jiu. 2018;28(5):334-6.
- Huang ZJ, Guan JZ, Xu YJ, Zhang LJ. Clinical research on zishengukang pill used to treat delayed union of fracture. J Tradit Chin Med. 2011;31(3):189-91. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0254-6272(11)60039-3
- Sarwark JF. Essentials of musculoskeletal care. 4th ed. Seoul:Panmuneducation. 2013: 525-6.
- Kwon MG, Jo HG, Park HR, Sul JU. Postoperative rehabilitation of Korean medicine for ankle fractures treated by open reduction with internal fixation: 2 case reports with 5 months follow-up. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2018;28(1):167-73. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2018.28.1.167
- Oh SJ, Kim JS, Lee YK, Lim SC, Lee HJ. Effects of pharmacopuncture and danggwisu-powder for lateral malleolus avulsion fracture: a case report. Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Medicine Society. 2018;32(3):203-10.
- Ahn TS, Moon JH, Park CY, Oh MJ, Choi YM. The effectiveness of ultrasound-guided essential bee venom pharmacopuncture combined with integrative Korean medical treatment for rib fracture: a case study. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2019;29(3):157-63. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2019.29.3.157
- Mukwaya E, Xu F, Wong MS, Zhang Y. Chinese herbal medicine for bone health. Pharmaceutical Biology. 2014;52(9):1223-8. https://doi.org/10.3109/13880209.2014.884606