- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Image Analysis and Management Strategy for The National Science Museum Utilizing SNS Big Data Analysis
SNS 빅데이터 분석을 활용한 국립과학관에 대한 이미지 분석과 경영전략 제안
- Shin, Seongyeon (Korea Institute of Sport Science, Korea Sports Promotion foundation)
- 신성연 (국민체육진흥공단 한국스포츠정책과학원)
- Received : 2019.08.26
- Accepted : 2020.01.03
- Published : 2020.01.31
The purpose of this study is to investigate science consumers' perceptions of the National Science Museum and suggest effective management strategies for the museum. Research questions were established and the analyses were conducted to achieve the research goals. The collection and analysis of the data were conducted through a new approach to image analysis that combines qualitative and quantitative methods. First, the image of the concept of science was derived from science consumers (adults, undergraduate and graduate students) through a qualitative research method (group-interviewing), and then text analysis was conducted. Second, quantitative research was conducted through LDA (Latent Dirichlet Allocation)-based topical modeling of 63,987 words extracted from 12,920 titles of blog postings from one of the most heavily-trafficked portal sites in Korea. The results of this study indicate that the perception of science differs according to the characteristics of the respondents. Further, topic-modeling extracted 20 topics from the blog posting titles and the topics were condensed into seven factors. Detailed discussions and managerial implications are provided in the conclusion section.
- S. Hong, M. Seo, H. Jang, J. Hyeon, Twenty-one century liberal arts science technology and society. p.1-504, Namu, 2016.
- W. S. Kim, J. S. Chung, D. Lee, E. Kim, H. Y. Kim, Y. K. Kwon, B. Lee, "Exploring the goals and contents of integrated science as a liberal arts education in universities", The Korean Association of General Education, Vol.13, No.2, pp.57-90, Apr. 2019.
- H. Kim, E. Lee, Y. Joo, "Analysis of the current situation of science as liberal art in liberal arts education - Focus on the major universities of the metropolitan area", The Korean Association of General Education, Vol.11, No.2, pp.373-411, Apr. 2017.
- Y. Choi, Seoul National University to learn certain liberal arts, MIT picks out of hundreds [Internet]. Dong-A Ilbo, 2018 [cited 2018 September 27], Available From: https://bizn.donga.com/3/all/20170403/83654954/2 (accessed Sep. 27, 2018)
- J. Ryu, M. J. Kim, "Linking school curriculum with education in science museum", Inha Educational Research Institute, Vol.22, No.3, pp.73-98, Jun. 2016.
- J. W. Moon, J. Na, "Elementary school teachers' perception and the status of education program on science museum field trips", The Korean Society of Elementary Science Education, Vol.38, No.1, pp.87-101, Feb. 2019. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15267/keses.2019.38.1.87
- J. Kim, J. Park, "Scientifically talented students' image of science museums and their preferred topics for exhibits-focused on students in Gwangju city", Journal of the Korean Association for Research in Science Education, Vol.33, No.7, pp.1431-1449, Dec. 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14697/jkase.2013.33.7.1431 https://doi.org/10.14697/jkase.2013.33.7.1431
- J. Lim, B, Lee. "Aanalysis of students' behavior patters in science museums according to watching rate and watching hour: Focused on the basic science hall in Gwacheon national science museum", Journal of Research in Curriculum and Instruction, Vol.18, No.4, pp.1011-1032, Dec. 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.24231/rici.2014.18.4.1011 https://doi.org/10.24231/rici.2014.18.4.1011
- H. Brits, L. du Plessis, "Application of focus group interviews for quality management: An action research project", Systemic Practice and Action Research, Vol.20, No.2, pp.117-126, Apr. 2007. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11213-006-9054-0 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11213-006-9054-0
- J. Lee, D. Sohn, Y. S. Choi, M. Park, J. Min, "A study on the factors of the hardware cost estimation for service robot development", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.19, No.5, pp.35-44, May. 2018. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2018.19.5.35
- T. I. Kim, S. J. H. Seo, "A critical review of survey method in public policy studies", The Korean Association For Public Administration, Vol.32, No.3, pp.199-215, Dec. 1998.
- D. M. Blei, A. Y. Hg, M. L. Jordan, "Latent dirichlet allocation", Journal of Machine Learning Research, Vol.3, pp.993-1022, Jan. 2003.
- G. Miner, J. Elder, A., Fast, T. Hill, R. Nisbet, D. Delen. Practical text mining and statistical analysis for non-structured text data applications, Elsevier, 2012. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11213-006-9054-0
- C. H. Nam, "An illustrative application of topic modeling method to a farmer's diary", Institute of Cross-Cultural Studies, Vol.22, No.1, pp.89-135, Jan. 2016.
- S. G. Lee, "A study on the trends of construction safety accident in unstructured text using topic modeling", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.19, No.10, pp.176-182, Oct. 2018. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2018.19.10.176
- T. K. Kim, H. R. Choi, H. C. Lee, "A study on the research trends in fintech using topic modeling", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.17, No.11, pp.670-681, Nov. 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.11.670
- D. An, S. Kim, "Attitudes toward SNS advertising : A comparison of Blog, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube", The Korean Journal Of Advertising, Vol.23, No.3, pp.53-84, Apr. 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.11.670
- J. H. Hong, "The detection of public opinion and public opinion cycle via aggregated twitter opinion and sentiment", Korean Journal of Communication Studies, Vol.19, No.3, pp.5-29, Aug. 2011.
- J. C. Lee, J. A. Oh, "A study on analysis for accuracy of knowledge and information related to society and history on internet knowledge search service program: For situation of NAVER KNOWLEDGE iN and DAUM KNOWLEDGE", Survey Research, Vol.15, No.2, pp.149-186, May. 2014.
- J. A. Seol, "A comparative study of internet search engines: Naver versus Google", Journal of Communication Science, Vol.11, No.1, pp.157-186, Mar. 2011.