- Volume 37 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the evaluation of antimicrobial activity of extracts from Rhus javanica L fruit
붉나무 열매 추출물의 항균효능 평가에 관한 연구
- Jang, Deok-Young (Mokwon University, College of Sciences & Technology, Division of Biomedicinal & Cosmetics) ;
- Yang, Jae-Chan (Mokwon University, College of Sciences & Technology, Division of Biomedicinal & Cosmetics)
- Received : 2020.02.03
- Accepted : 2020.02.28
- Published : 2020.02.28
In this study, the antimicrobial activity was tested by Ethanol extract(ET), Ethyl acetate fraction(EA) and Butanol fraction(BT) of Rhus javanica L fruit as natural preservatives. The antimicrobial activity were tested by Paper disc method and minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) for microorganisms (Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida Albicans). As a result of the antimicrobial activities of P. aeruginosa fruit extracts have shown the clear zone that S. aureus, S. epidermidis, E. coli, and P. aeruginosa. In BT, additional clear zones were observed for the Candida. The MIC results showed that EA samples showed the lowest concentrations for S. aureus S. epidermidis, E. coli, and P. aeruginosa. Accordingly, it can be concluded that these Rhus javanica L fruit extracts have the potential for antimicrobial materials for the cosmetic industry.
Supported by : 목원대학교
- S. S. Kim, "Effects of Evaluation Criteria for Natural Cosmetics on Purchase and Word-of-month Intentions according to the LOHAS Class", Korean J Community Living Sci, Vol.26, No.1, pp. 145-154, (2015). https://doi.org/10.7856/kjcls.2015.26.1.145
- H. J. Kim, I. H. Lee, "The Effect of Consumption Value of Eco-Friendly Cosmetics on Norm in Female Coludlege Stents", Journal of the Korean Society Cosmetology, Vol.25, No.5, pp. 1119-1130, (2019).
- M. K. Kim, "Comparison of Physiological Activityes Between Hot-water and Ethanol Extracts Ecklonia cava as Cosmetic Ingredient", J Invest Cosmetol, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 371-378, (2019).
- H. S. Cho, S. W. Kang, J. H. Kim, H. W. Yu, E. Park, H. S. Chun, "Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Activities of Combined Extracts of Galla rhois, Achyranthes japonica Nakai, Terminalia chebula Retz and Glycyrrhiza uralensis", Korea Society for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol.21, No.1, pp. 29-35, (2014).
- H. S. Kim, K. W. Cho, D. K. Lee, "A Study on the Antimicrobial Activity and Preservative Effect of Thiamine Dilauryl Sulfate in Cosmetics", Korean Applied Science and Technology, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 212-218, (2005).
- S. H. Kim, D. Y. Lim, "A Study of the proper Use of Cosmetics and Microbial Contamination over Time", J Kor Soc Cosm, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 1059-1065, (2009).
- E. M. Cho, J. T. Bae, H. B. Pyo, G. S. Lee, "Antimicrobial Plant Extracts as an Alternative of Chemical Preservative: Preservative Efficacy of Terminalia chebula, Rhus Japonica(gallut) and Cinnmomum cassia Extract in the Cosmetic Formular, Journal of the Society of Cosmetic Scientists of Korea", Vol.34, No.4, pp. 325-331, (2008).
- S. Y. Yang, H. O. Boo, "Phenolic Compounds, Antimicrobial Effects and Tyrosinase Inhibition Activities of Cucumber Grown Greenhouse According to Cultivars and Growth Stages", Korean J Plant Res, Vol.26, No.5, pp. 645-651, (2013). https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2013.26.5.645
- J. E. Ku, H. S. Han, J. H. Song, "The Recent Trend of the Natural Preservative Used in Cosmetics", Kor. J. Aesthet Cosmetol, Vol.11, No.5, pp. 835-844, (2013).
- C. G. Son, E. S. Jang, S. K. Lee, K. J. Barng, "Consumer Perception and Evaluation of Cynanchi Atrati Radix Fermented Oriental Cosmetics for Skin Whitening", J. fash. bus, Vol.23, No.5, pp. 137-150, (2019).
- J. S. Choi, S. D. Han, T. W. Jang, S. H. Lee, J. H. Park,"Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity of parts of Rhus javanica L", The Korean Society for Applied Biological Chemistry, Vol.62, No.2, pp. 195-202, (2019). https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2019.027
- D. S. An, S. J. Seo, N. W. Kim, Y. S. Lee, "Anti-aging and Anti-inflammatory Activity of Rhus javanica Branches Extracts", J Invest Cosmetol, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 103-111, (2017). https://doi.org/10.15810/jic.2017.13.2.002
- D. S. Lee, T. S. Min, D. S. Lee, "Antiviral activity of methanol extract from Rhus chinensis gall", J Appl Biol Chem, Vol.61, No.4, pp. 379-382, (2018). https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2018.053
- J. Y. Oh, U. Choi, Y. S. Kim, D. H. Shin, "Isolation and Identification of Antioxidative Components from Bark of Rhus javanica Linne", Korean J Food Sci Technol, Vol.35, No.4, pp. 726-732, (2003).
- H. J. Kim, J. W. Lee, Y. D. Kim, "Antimicrobial Activity and Antioxidant Effect of Curcuma lomga, Curcuma aromatica and Curcuma zedoaria", The Korean Society of Food Preservation, Vol.18, No.2, pp. 219-225, (2011). https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2011.18.2.219
- M. R. Jang, J. E. Seo, J. H. Lee, M. S. Chung, G. H. Kim, "Antibacterial action against Food-Borne Pathogens by the volatile Flavor of Essential oil from Chrysanthemum morifolium Flower", The Korean Society of Food and Nutrition, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 154-161, (2010).
- S. Y. Kang, B. S. Chang, "Ultrastructural Characteristics of Talcs Including General Cosmetics", The Journal of Cosmetological Science, Vol.6, No.4, pp. 381-387, (2010).
- J. S. Song, E. H. Bae, "A Study on Analysis as a Case Study for the Cosmetic Container Through the improvement Cosmetics Microorganism Pollution", The Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol.21, No.4, pp. 297-307, (2015).
- J. S. Ko, "Antimicrobial Coating Agent", Journal of the Korean Applied Science and Technology, Vol30. No.1, pp. 96-115, (2013).
- J. C. Yang, "A Study on the Cosmetic Preservative Effects of Cornus officinalis seed Extracts", Journal of the Korean Applied Science and Technology, Vol.33, No.2, pp. 333-341, (2016).
- J. Y. Lee, J. N. Lee, G. T. Lee, K. K. Lee, "Development of Antimicrobial Plant Extracts and its Application to Cosmetics", J. Soc. Cosmet. Scientists Korea, Vol.38, No.2, pp. 171-179, (2012). https://doi.org/10.15230/SCSK.2012.38.2.171
- J. H. Kim, E. J. Do, G. M. Lee, "Investigation of Anti-microbial Activity of Herbal Medicines Used as Natural Preservatives Based on the Analysis of Papers and Patents", J Physiol & Pathol Korean Med, Vol.29, No.1, pp. 101-113, (2015). https://doi.org/10.15188/kjopp.2015.02.29.1.101
- E. J. Doh, S. H. Baek. G. M. Lee, "Comparison of Antimicrobial Activity of Specific Korean Medicinal Prescription for Natural Preservatives", Korean Herb. Med. Inf, Vol.3, No.2, pp. 1-6, (2015).