- Volume 46 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Priority Management Using the QGIS for Sources of Contaminated Soil in Gyeonggi-do Province
QGIS를 이용한 경기도내 토양오염원의 중점관리 지점 선정
- Son, Yeong-Geum (Gyeonggi-do Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Kim, Ji-Young (Gyeonggi-do Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Park, Jin-Ho (Gyeonggi-do Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Im, Heung-Bin (Gyeonggi-do Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Kim, Jong-Su (Gyeonggi-do Institute of Health & Environment)
- 손영금 (경기도보건환경연구원북부지원) ;
- 김지영 (경기도보건환경연구원북부지원) ;
- 박진호 (경기도보건환경연구원북부지원) ;
- 임흥빈 (경기도보건환경연구원북부지원) ;
- 김종수 (경기도보건환경연구원북부지원)
- Received : 2020.01.13
- Accepted : 2020.02.10
- Published : 2020.02.29
Object: The purpose of this study was to select priority points for soil management using the location of groundwater and to suggest this method for soil contamination surveys. Method: Groundwater impact range was set to an area of 100 to 500 meters from the center point of agricultural groundwater wells. Data on industrial complex and factory areas, areas of stored or used ores and scrap metals, areas associated with waste and recycling, and traffic-related facilities areas were collected and checked for whether they fall within the groundwater impact range. Longitude and latitude coordinates of these data were mapped on the groundwater impact range using QGIS (Quantum Geographic Information System). Results: Considering the groundwater impact range, the points were selected as follows: 589 points were selected from 6,811 factories and 259 points were selected from 1,511 recycling business points. Traffic-related facility areas were divided between gas stations, bus depots, and auto mechanics. Thirty-four points were selected from 149 bus depots and 573 points were selected from 6,013 auto mechanic points. From the 2,409 gas station points, 323 were selected. Conclusion: Contaminated soil influences groundwater and crops, which can harm human health. However, soil pollution is not easily identified, so it is difficult to determine what has occurred. Pollution must be prevented beforehand and contaminated soil found. By selecting and investigating soil contamination survey points in consideration of the location of groundwater wells, we can safely manage water resources by preventing groundwater contamination in advance.
Supported by : 국립환경과학원
- Ministry of Land Infrastructure and Transportation. Annual report of groundwater survey. 2016.
- Lee MH. Soil and groundwater pollution is approaching (current and future prospects of soil and groundwater pollution). Korea Environmental Preservation Association. 2000; 22: 8-16.
- Korea Environment Institute. Program of the maintenance and the remediation for soil contaminated sites, Final Report. 2003.
- Ministry of Environment. General soil investigation for abandoned heavy metal mines in Korea, Annual Report. 2007.
- Ministry of Environment. Assessment of soil and groundwater pollution for industrial complex in Korea, Annual Report. 2012.
- Kim JY, Bae YS, Park JH, Son YG, Oh JG. Mapping soil contamination using QGIS. J Environ Health Sci. 2019; 45(5): 487-496. https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2019.45.5.487
- Lee JH, Bae IS, Ha KT, You SS, Han KM, E SM, J K, Lee JS, Koo JY. A study on the distribution map construction of asbestos buildings owned by seoul using QGIS. J Korean Society of Environmental Engineers. 2016; 38(9): 528-533. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2016.38.9.528
- Kim JH, Kim KT. Analysis of soil erosion hazard zone using GIS. J Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies. 2003; 6(2): 22-32.
- Wang J, Yan JJ. Research on the calculation of coverage rate of bus stop based on GIS. The national academies of sciences engineering medicine. 2017; 2: 13-20.
- Ministry of Environment. Soil contamination Investigation Guidelines. 2017.
- GyeongGi-Do. Gyeonggi Data Dream. 2018; http://data.gg.go.kr
- Korea Rural Community Corporration. Rural groundwater Net. 2019. https://www.groundwater.or/kr
- QGIS (2.18.28). https://www.qgis.org/ko/site
- Ministry of Environment. National groundwater information center. Groundwater impact assessment. 2019. http://www.gims.go.kr
- Ki SJ, Kim KH, Lee HG, Shin KH. Review of soil vulnerability assessment tools in Korea and other developed countries. Korean Society of Environmental Engineers. 2017; 39(12): 741-749. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2017.39.12.741
- Peralta-Videa JR, Lopez ML, Narauyan M, Saupe G, Gardea-Torresdey J. The biochemistry of environmental heavy metal uptake by plant: implications for the food chain. The international journal of biochemistry & cell biology. 2009; 41(8-9): 1665-1667. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biocel.2009.03.005
- Korea Environment Corporation. Groundwater contamination management and clean-up technique. 2014.
- Lee JY, Kwon HP, Jun SC, Cheon JY. Simultaneous evaluation of distribution characteristics of hydraulic parameters and groundwater contaminants estimated by a short-term pumping. J. Geo. Soc. Korea. 2013; 49(2): 275-287.
- Hong JH. Significance and impact of the expert forum for soil and groundwater areas proposed policy direction. Soil and Groundwater special session, Korean Society of Soil and Groundwater Environment 2019 Fall Meeting.