- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Design of Embedded Security Controller Based on Client Authentication Utilizing User Movement Information
사용자의 이동정보를 활용한 클라이언트 인증 기반의 임베디드 보안 컨트롤러 설계
- Hong, Suk-Won (University of Gyeongnam Geochang Ademic Afairsoffice)
- 홍석원 (경남도립거창대학 교무처 기획평가팀)
- Received : 2019.11.21
- Accepted : 2020.03.20
- Published : 2020.03.28
A smart key has been used in a variety of embedded environments and there also have been attacks from a remote place by amplifying signals at a location of a user. Existing studies on defence techniques suggest multiple sensors and hash functions to improve authentication speed; these, however, increase the electricity usage and the probability of type 1 error. For these reasons, I suggest an embedded security controller based on client authentication and user movement information improving the authentication method between a controller and a host device. I applied encryption algorithm to the suggested model for communication using an Arduino board, GPS, and Bluetooth and performed authentication through path analysis utilizing user movement information for the authentication. I found that the change in usability was nonsignificant when performing actions using the suggested model by evaluating the time to encode and decode. The embedded security controller in the model can be applied to the system of a remote controller for a two-wheeled vehicle or a mobile and stationary host device; in the process of studying, I found that encryption and decryption could take less then 100ms. The later study may deal with protocols to speed up the data communication including encryption and decryption and the path data management.
- Francillon, A., Danev, B., & Capkun, S. (2011). Relay attacks on passive keyless entry and start systems in modern cars. In Proceedings of the Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS).
- Kim, G. H., Lee, K. H., Kim, S. S., & Kim, J. M. (2013). Vehicle relay attack avoidance methods using RF signal strength. Communications and Network, 5(03), 573-577. DOI : 10.4236/cn.2013.53b2103
- Isa, M. A. M., Hashim, H., Adnan, S. F. S., Marbukhari, N., & Mohamed, N. N. (2017). An automobile security protocol: side-channel security against timing and relay attacks. Int. J. Electronic Security and Digital Forensics(IJESDF), 9(3), 239-253. DOI : 10.1504/ijesdf.2017.085194
- Shin Woo Joo, Seung Jin Baek, Sirojiddin Djuraev, Youngmin Jeon, Sungkwan Yoon, & Seung Yeob Nam. (2017). Authentication scheme to prevent amplification attack on vehicle remote key entry system. Proceedings of Symposium of the Korean Institute of communications and Information Sciences. 1180-1181.
- Shin Woo Joo, Kyu-Seek Sohn, & Seung Yeob Nam. (2017). Vehicle Remote Key Authentication Scheme based on AP List for Preventing Amplification Attack. The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, 42(10), 2012-2021. DOI : 10.7840/kics.2017.42.10.2012
- Jae Oh Bang, Kuk Won Ko, & Chung Eun Yun. (2009). Development of Vehicle Information System using Smartkey Entry System. Korean Society for Precision Engineering Conference. 303-304.
- Hyung-Jin Mun, Gwang-Houn Choi, & Yooncheol Hwang. (2016). Countermeasure to Underlying Security Threats in IoT communication. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 6(2), 37-44. DOI : 10.22156/CS4SMB.2016.6.2.037 https://doi.org/10.5121/ijitcs.2016.6104
- Taeseok Jin. (2016). Development of Motocycle's Anti-theft Device Based on NFC. The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, 65(1), 165-170. DOI : 10.5370/KIEE.2016.65.1.165
- Hyung-Uk Kim, Hyung-joo Kim, Jung-ho Kang, Moon-seog Jun. (2016). A Study on Analysis and Countermeasure of Security threat in NFC. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(12), 183-191. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.183
- Jung Min Choi, Kwantae Cho, Dong Hoon Lee. (2012). Location-Based Authentication Mechanism for Server Access Control. Journal of the Korea Institute of Information Security & Cryptology, 22(6), 1271-1282.
- Hyung-Jin Mun, Hee-Young Jeong, Kun-Hee Han. (2016). Improved Trilateration Method on USN for reducing the Error of a Moving Node Position Measurement. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(5), 301-307. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.301
- National Marine Electronics Association. (2002). NMEA 0183--Standard for interfacing marine electronic devices. NMEA.
- Agrawal, M., & Mishra, P. (2012). A comparative survey on symmetric key encryption techniques. International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, 4(5), 877.
- Delfs, H., & Knebl, H. (2007). Symmetric-key encryption. Introduction to Cryptography. 11-31. Berlin, Heidelberg. Springer.