- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Design of A Low Power Memory Tag for Storing Emergency Manuals
긴급 매뉴얼 저장용 저전력 메모리 태그의 설계
- Kwak, Noh Sup (Dept. of Information&Communication Eng., Graduate School, Hannam University) ;
- Eun, Seongbae (Dept. of Information&Communication Eng., Graduate School, Hannam University) ;
- Son, Kyung A (UNIST Innovative Education Center, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology(UNIST)) ;
- Cha, Shin (Dept. of Information&Communication Eng., Graduate School, Hannam University)
- Received : 2019.11.18
- Accepted : 2020.01.20
- Published : 2020.02.29
Since the communication networks like the Internet collapses at disaster and calamity sites, a maintenance system that can be operated offline is required for the maintenance of various facilities. In this paper, we propose a system that memory tags attached on the facilities may transmit the emergency manual to a smart-phone, and the smart phone displays it off-line. The main issue is to design low energy mode memory tags. This study presents two kinds of methods and analyzes each's energy consumption mode. The first one is to develop memory tags by using one chip, and the next one is to design memory tags by forming multi-modules. Both ways show proper application fields under the low energy mode. This research selects the off-line maintenance system by using one chip design, and proposes the direction of contents for enhancing the effectiveness of the system. And we expect that this memory tags will be valuable for disaster scenes as well as battle fields.
Supported by : Hannam University
- J. Bae, "Smartphone Using Plan for Integrated Logistic Support of Weapon System," Proceeding of Agency for Defense Development Conference, pp. 1242-1246, 2010.
- Now News, "iPOD Would Help Sniper?... Program Debate," http://nownews.seoul.co.kr/news/newsView.php?id=20090121601007. (accessed February, 18, 2020).
- J. Cho and M. Lim, "Design and Implementation of Command and Control Systems for Soldiers Using Smart Phone," The Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 30-38, 2011. https://doi.org/10.9766/KIMST.2011.14.1.030
- News Week, "U.S. Soldiers' New Weapon: An Ipod", 2009.
- Yonhap News, A Mechanic of Jeju Airport Wastes of Time for Misguided Maintenance of Air Traffic Communications, http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/ 2015/12/14/0200000000AKR20151214173400056.HTML. (accessed February, 18, 2020).
- K. Ahn, J. Kang, J. Kwak, Y. Lee, and M. Cho, "Study on Maintainability Prediction Time Application for Aircraft System," Proceeding of the Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, pp. 741-744, 2014.
- B. Kim and S. Eun, "Design and Implementation of On-line Instruction Manual System," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 411-417, 2018. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2018.22.3.411
- J. Cha, J. Shin, and C. Yeom, "A Review on Applicability of Big Data Technology in Nuclear Power Plant," Proceedings of the KNS Spring Meeting, pp. 125-128, 2015.
- J. Won and S. Choi, "The Effects of AR (Augmented Reality) Contents on User's Learning : A Case Study of Car manual Using Digital Contents," Journal of Digital Contents Society, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 17-23, 2017. https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2017.18.1.17
- Y.S. Yun, S. Ha, K.A. Son, and S. Eun, "A Low Power Consumption Management Scheme Based on Touch & Play for Smart Memory Tags," IEMEK, Journal of Embedded Systems Applications, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 131-138, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14372/IEMEK.2017.12.3.131
- The Learning Pyramid, National Training Laboratories, Bethel, Maine, https://www.fitnyc.edu/files/pdfs/CET_Pyramid.pdf (accessed February, 18, 2020).
- K. Son, "Design and Development of e-Learning Multimedia Resource Management System for Development for e-Learning Contents," The Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 73-82, 2007.
- C/LM - LAN/MAN Standards Committee, Part 15.4: Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANs) , 2011.
- S.G. Hong, N.S. Kim, and W.W. Kim, "Sensor Module Architecture and Data Processing Framework for Energy Efficient Seamless Signal Processing in WSN," Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea CI, Vol. 48, No. 6, pp. 9-16, 2011.
- AS3933 Demo Kit Manual, Austriamicrosystems, www.austriamicrosystems.com, (2020-02-18).
- W. Ye, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, "An Energy-efficient MAC Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks," Proceedings of the IEEE IEEE Conference on Computer Communications 2002 Twenty-First Annual J oint Conference of Computer and Communications Societies, Vol. 3, pp. 1567-1576, 2002.
- J. Cho, The Newest Easy to Learn VLSI Design, IT CookBook, Seoul, Korea, 2015.
- S.I. Kim, J.M. Jung, Y.S. Yoon, S.B. Eun, S.S. So, S. Cha, et al., "Design and Implementation of an Application Level Mobile Server for On-the-site Oriented Services," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 358-367, 2018. https://doi.org/10.9717/KMMS.2018.21.3.358