- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Product Recommendation System based on User Purchase Priority
- Bang, Jinsuk (Department of Computer Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Hwang, Doyeun (Department of Computer Engineering, PaiChai University) ;
- Jung, Hoekyung (Department of Computer Engineering, PaiChai University)
- Received : 2019.12.03
- Accepted : 2020.02.13
- Published : 2020.03.31
As personalized customer services create a society that emphasizes the personality of an individual, the number of product reviews and quantity of user data generated by users on the internet in mobile shopping apps and sites are increasing. Such product review data are classified as unstructured data. Unstructured data have the potential to be transformed into information that companies and users can employ, using appropriate processing and analyses. However, existing systems do not reflect the detailed information they collect, such as user characteristics, purchase preference, or purchase priority while analyzing review data. Thus, it is challenging to provide customized recommendations for various users. Therefore, in this study, we have developed a product recommendation system that takes into account the user's priority, which they select, when searching for and purchasing a product. The recommendation system then displays the results to the user by processing and analyzing their preferences. Since the user's preference is considered, the user can obtain results that are more relevant.
Supported by : PaiChai University
- A. A. Lenskiy and E. Makita, "Bayesian approach to users' perspective on movie genres," Journal of Information and Communication Convergence Engineering, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 43-48, 2017. https://doi.org/10.6109/jicce.2017.15.1.43
- H. G Lee and H. Kwak, "Investigation of factors affecting the effects of online consumer reviews," Journal of National Information Society Agency, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 3-17, 2013.
- A. Esuli and F. Sebastiani, "Determining term subjectivity and term orientation for opinion mining," in Proceedings of 11th Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: EACL, pp. 193-200, 2006.
- N. Jindal and B. Liu, "Mining comparative sentences and relations," in Proceedings of the 21st National Conference on Artificial Intelligence, vol. 2, pp. 1331-1336, 2006.
- X. Ding, B. Liu, and P. S. Yu, "A holistic lexicon-based approach to opinion mining," in Proceedings of the international Conference on Web Search and Web Data Mining, vol. 1, pp. 231-240, 2008. DOI:10.1145/1341531.1341561.
- B. Liu, M. Hu, and J. Cheng, "Opinion observer: analyzing and comparing opinions on the web," in Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on World Wide Web, vol. 1, pp. 342-351, 2005. DOI: 10.1145/1060745.1060797.
- S. Morinaga, K. Yamanishi, K. Tateishi, and T. Fukushima, "Mining product reputations on the web," in Proceedings of the 8th SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 341-349, 2002. DOI: 10.1145/775047.775098.
- B. Xiao and I. Benbasat, "E-commerce Product Recommendation Agents: Use, Characteristic, and Impact" MIS quarterly, vol. 31, no. 1, pp.137-209, 2007. DOI: 10.2307/25148784. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148784
- X. F. Wang and H. C. Kim. "New feature selection method for text categorization," Journal of Information and Communication Convergence Engineering, vol. 15. no. 1, pp. 53-61, 2017 https://doi.org/10.6109/jicce.2017.15.1.53
- J. Y. Choeh, S. K. Lee, and Y. B. Cho, "Applying rating score's reliability of customers to enhance prediction accuracy in recommender system," Journal of The Korea Contents, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 379-385, 2013. DOI:10.5392/jkca.2013.13.07.379.
- M. J. Ku and H. C. Ahn, "A hybrid recommender system based on collaborative filtering with selective use of overall and multicriteria ratings," Journal of Intelligence and Information Systems, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 85-109, 2018. https://doi.org/10.13088/JIIS.2018.24.2.085
- J. Y. Kim, D. Y. Hwang, and H. K. Jung, "Product recommendation system based user purchase criteria and product reviews," International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 5454-5462, 2019. DOI:10.11591/ijece.v9i6.