- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Prediction of Blank Thickness Variation in a Deep Drawing Process Using Deep Neural Network
심층 신경망 기반 딥 드로잉 공정 블랭크 두께 변화율 예측
- Park, K.T. ;
- Park, J.W. ;
- Kwak, M.J. ;
- Kang, B.S. (Department of Aerospace Engineering, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2019.12.19
- Accepted : 2020.03.06
- Published : 2020.04.01
The finite element method has been widely applied in the sheet metal forming process. However, the finite element method is computationally expensive and time consuming. In order to tackle this problem, surrogate modeling methods have been proposed. An artificial neural network (ANN) is one such surrogate model and has been well studied over the past decades. However, when it comes to ANN with two or more layers, so called deep neural networks (DNN), there is distinct a lack of research. We chose to use DNNs our surrogate model to predict the behavior of sheet metal in the deep drawing process. Thickness variation is selected as an output of the DNN in order to evaluate workpiece feasibility. Input variables of the DNN are radius of die, die corner and blank holder force. Finite element analysis was conducted to obtain data for surrogate model construction and testing. Sampling points were determined by full factorial, latin hyper cube and monte carlo methods. We investigated the performance of the DNN according to its structure, number of nodes and number of layers, then it was compared with a radial basis function surrogate model using various sampling methods and numbers. The results show that our DNN could be used as an efficient surrogate model for the deep drawing process.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원, 한국연구재단
- G. E. P. Box, K. B. Wilson, 1951, On the Experimental Attainment of Optimum Conditions, J. R. Stat. Soc. Ser. B stat. Methodol., Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 1-38.
- Y. M. Xie, 2011, Multi-Objective Optimal Approach Based on Kriging Model in a Deep Drawing Process, Key Eng. Mater., Vol. 474, pp. 205-210.
- Y. Tang, J. Chen, 2009, Robust Design of Sheet Metal Forming Process Based on Adaptive Importance Sampling, Struct. Multidiscip. Optim., Vol. 39, No. 5, pp. 531- 544. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00158-008-0343-3
- G. Sun, G. Li, Q. Li, 2012, Variable Fidelity Design Based Surrogate and Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm for Sheet Metal Forming Process, Finite Elem. Anal. Des., Vol. 59, pp. 76-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.finel.2012.04.012
- K. M. Liew, H. Tan, T. Ray, M. J. Tan, 2004, Optimal Process Design of Sheet Metal Forming for Minimum Springback Via an Integrated Neural Network Evolutionary Algorithm, Struct. Multidiscip. Optim., Vol. 26, No. 3-4, pp. 284-294. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00158-003-0347-y
- J. Pfrommer, C. Zimmerling, J. Liu, L. Karger, F. Henning, J. Beyerer, 2018, Optimisation of Manufacturing Process Parameters Using Deep Neural Networks as Surrogate Models, Procedia CIRP, Vol. 72, pp. 426-431. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procir.2018.03.046
- M. A. Woo, S. M. Lee, K. H. Lee, W. J. Song, J. kim, 2018, Application of an Artificial Neural Network Model to Obtain Constitutive Equation Parameters of Materials in High Speed Forming Process, Proc. Kor. Soc. Tech. Plast. Conf., Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 331-338.
- H. Wang, F. Ye, L. Chen, E. Li, 2017, Sheet Metal Forming Optimization by Using Surrogate Modeling Techniques, Chin. J. Mech. Eng., Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 22-36. https://doi.org/10.3901/CJME.2016.1020.123
- S. Sivasankaran, R. Narayanasamy, R. Jeyapaul, C. Loganathan, 2009, Modelling of Wrinkling in Deep Drawing of Different Grades of Annealed Commercially Pure Aluminium Sheets When Drawn Through a Conical Die Using Artificial Neural Network, Mater. Des., Vol. 30, No. 8, pp. 3193-3205. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2009.01.020
- G. S. Shin, J. G. Park, J. H. Kim, Y. S. Kim, Y. H. Park, N. K. Park, 2015, Effect of Processing Conditions on the Deep Drawability of Ti-6Al-4V Sheet at Warm Temperatures, Proc. Kor. Soc. Tech. Plast. Conf., Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 5-12.
- Y. Q. Li, Z. S. Cui, X. Y. Ruan, D. J. Zhang, 2006, CAE-based Six Sigma Robust Optimization for Deep-Drawing Process of Sheet Metal, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., Vol. 30, No. 7-8, pp. 631-637. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-005-0121-y
- R. Hill, 1948, A Theory of the Yielding and Plastic Flow of Anisotropic Metals, Proc. R. Soc. London, Ser. A. Math. Phys. Sci., Vol. 193, No. 1033, pp. 281-297.
- Y. A. LeCun, L. Bouuou, G. B. Orr, K. R. Muller, 2012, Efficient Backprop, Neural networks: Tricks of the trade, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, pp. 9-48.
- M. Y. M. Ahmed, N. Qin, 2009, Surrogate-based Aerodynamic Design Optimization: Use of Surrogates in Aerodynamic Design Optimization, Int. Conf. Aerosp. Sci. Aviat. Technol., Military Technical College, Kobry Elkobba, Cario, Vol.13, pp. 1-26.