- Volume 30 Issue 1
In the case of multiple commerce contracts in commerce, as well as multiple contracts related to it, a solution for the merging of arbitration proceedings is necessary in order to ensure uniformity of dispute resolution. Since the arbitration proceedings are based on the parties' agreement, no merging of two or more arbitration proceedings may transpire unless all parties agree. Claims of merging in arbitration proceedings lead to problems such as lack of party autonomy, resulting from lack of consent of the parties to merging, and how to appoint an arbitrator in a multilateral arbitration proceeding. Many of the major arbitration bodies have recognized the significant benefits of the terms of consolidation, and have recently revised the Arbitration Rules to include or extend existing clauses to reflect the needs of the parties. This study introduces the merging provisions of several selected major arbitration rules, such as the ICC, Switzerland, SCC, LCIA, SIAC, HKIAC, ACICA, and UNCITRAL rules, and looks at the main similarities and differences among the rules.
- consolidation of arbitration;
- The United Nations Commission on International Trade Law;
- The London Court of International Arbitration;
- Singapore International Arbitration Center;
- Stockholm Chamber of Commerce;
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- https://iccwbo.org/ 검색일: 2020. 1. 15.
- https://www.clydeco.com/insight/article/institutional-approaches-to-multi-party-and-multi-contract-disputes-in-arbi 검색일: 2020. 1. 15.
- https://www.swissarbitration.org/Arbitration/Arbitration-Rules-and-Laws : 검색일 2020. 1. 15.
- https://www.hkiac.org/about-us; https://www.hkiac.org/about-us/statistics 검색일: 2020. 1. 15.
- Bachand, F. & Gélinas, F.(eds.), The UNCITRAL Model Law after 25 Years: Global Perspectives on International Arbitration Law, New York: Juris Publishing Inc, 2013.
- Caron, David D. & Caplan, Lee M., The UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules, Oxford University Press, 2012.
- Macmahon, B.(ed.), Multiple Party Actions in International Arbitration, Oxford University Press 2009.
- Palmer, R., "Arbitrating construction disputes - the problem of consolidation", INTERNATIONAL ARBITRATION UPDATE, 2016. 7. 20.
- Pair, L. M. & Frankenstein, P., "The New ICC Rule on Consolidation: Progress or Change?", Emory Int'l L. Rev. 25, 2011, pp.1061-1077.
- Stackpool-Moore, Ruth, "Joinder and Consolidation : Examining Best Practice in the Swiss, HKIAC and ICC Rules", in Nathalie Voser(ed.), 10 Years of Swiss Rules of International Arbitration, ASA Special Series no 44, Juris, 2016. pp.15-34.
- Webster, Thomas H. & Michael Buhler, Handbook of ICC Arbitration: Commentary, Precedents, Materials, Sweet & Maxwell, 4th ed., 2018.
- ACICA Rules
- 2018 HKIAC Administered Arbitration Rules
- ICC Arbitration Rules.
- LCIA Arbitration Rules.
- SCC Arbitration Rules 2017.
- SIAC Rules 2016.
- Swiss Rules of International Arbitration.