- Volume 30 Issue 1
In the process of the annulment of arbitral awards, the Swiss Federal Supreme Court contributes to keeping Switzerland as a venue for international arbitration. Challenges to an award rendered in Switzerland are handled by the Swiss Supreme Court only. Furthermore, the Swiss law provides extremely limited grounds (PILA 190) for the potential challenge of the award and those are different from what model law countries have. For example, violations of the parties' agreed procedural arrangements will not be grounds for the annulment of an award in Swiss. In arbitration, the intervention of a national court is necessary to protect justice but at the same time, it can impede the process of arbitration, even making it useless. Limited intervention of the Swiss Supreme Court protects the efficiency, autonomy, and justice of international arbitration. International Arbitration has to be simple and fast to solve complex international commercial problems and to promote trade. Therefore, the process and technique to be applied on an Arbitration-friendly Swiss court should be considered.
- 강수미, "중재판정의 효력에 관한 연구", 중재연구 제27호 제1호, 한국중재학회, 2017.3, pp.59-84. https://doi.org/10.16998/JAS.2017.27.1.59
- 김갑유.임수현.김홍중.김준우 외, 중재실무강의. 박영사.2016.
- 김상수, "중재판정취소의 소의 적법성", 중재 299호. 2000. pp.106-111.
- 목영준, 상사중재법, 박영사, 2011.
- 목영준. 최승재, 상사중재법, 박영사, 2018.
- 서정일, "국제상사중제에 대한 주요 논점" 중재연구 제21호 제2호, 한국중재학회, 2011, pp. 3-25.
- 신한동/오병석, 무역분쟁과 상사중재, 청목출판사,2008.
- 윤진기, "2016년 개정 중재법의 중재판정 집행에 관한 문제점", 중재연구 제26호 제4호, 한국중재학회, 2016.12, pp. 3-41.
- 이호원, "중재판정의 취소", 법조 제575호 2004.
- 이시윤. 신민사소송법, 제8판. 박영사, 2014.
- 장문철, 현대중재법의 이해, 세창출판사, 2000.
- Arroyo M. Arbitration in Switzerland, Practitioner's Guide. Netherlands: Kluwer Law International BV, 2013.
- Ostrove, Michael. Claudia Tsalomon and Bette Chifman. Choice of venue in International Arbitration. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Born, Gary B. International Commercial Arbitration. New York: Ardsley, 2001.
- Kaufmann-Kohler, Gabrielle. and Antonio Rigozzi, International Arbitration: Law and Practice in Switzerland. Draft Student Version, International Commercial Arbitration, Faculty of Law, University of Geneva, 2015.
- Born, Gary B. International Commercial Arbitration. New York: Ardsley, 2014.
- Dasser, Felix and David Roth. "Challenges of Swiss Arbitral Awards-Selected Statistical Data as of 2013." Swiss Arbitration association. http://www.arbitration-ch.org/pages/en/arbitration-in-switzerland/index.htm.
- ICC. International court of arbitration Bulletin. Vol 25/Number1. 2014.
- D, Hancher. "A Comparison between the Independence of State Justice and the Independence of Arbitraion." ICC International Court of Arbitraion Bulletin, Special Supplement. 2007.
- Habegger, Philipp. "Document Production-An Overview of Swiss Court and Arbitration Practice." in ICC, Bulletin: 2006 Special Supplement. Paris: ICC, 2006.
- Ulmer, Nicolas and Lionel Serex. "Switzerland: Update On Recent Arbitral Developments And Tendencies." MEALEY'S International Arbitration Report. Vol. 25, #12. 2010.
- Pagani, Felipe Nazar. Anti-Arbitration Injunctions and the Principle of Competence-Competence. Lex Arbitri. 2014.