- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of Preflight Safety Protocol for Training Aircraft
훈련용 항공기 비행전 안전 프로토콜 개발
- 이재현 (신한에어 비행교육원 운항팀) ;
- 황선일 (신한에어 비행교육원 운항팀) ;
- 박홍선 (신한에어 비행교육원 정비팀) ;
- 이성우 (신한에어 비행교육원 정비팀) ;
- 소영섭 (신한에어 비행교육원)
- Received : 2020.02.27
- Accepted : 2020.03.26
- Published : 2020.03.31
With the development of the aviation industry in Korea, the number of aircrafts has increased every year. About 10 flight departments have been established at domestic universities, and flight training is conducted until the course of commercial pilot certificate. In addition, private aviation institutes using Muan airport as a base have also increased, and the number of training aircrafts in the eastern and western regions of Jeonnam region has increased dramatically. Along with an increase in the number of training aircrafts, aviation accidents have also increased. From April 2018 to September 2019, 11 accidents occurred at Muan airport and Yeosu airport. This study aims to develop a pre-flight safety protocol to promote flight training safety. Three aspects-including technical factors, human factors, and organizational factors-were considered in this study.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, "Airport Traffic Report", 2019.
- FAA, "Aviation Instructor's Handbook", Washington, 2008, pp. 161-178.
- Jeppesen, Flight Instructor, Englewood, 2012, pp. 163-189.
- Ham, D. H., and Lee, J. H., "Study on the prevention of the accident through the case analysis of the light aircraft and ultralight vehicle", The Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, 2016.
- ICAO, Safety Management Manual, 2014, p. 3.
- FAA, Safety Briefing, 2019, p.10.
- International Business Aviation Council (IBAC), "SMS Guidance Manual", Montreal, 2012, p. 18.
- Boyd, D., and Stolzer, A., "Causes and trends in maintenance-related accidents in faa-certified single engine piston aircraft", Journal of Aviation Technology and Engineering 5(1), 2015, pp. 17-24. https://doi.org/10.7771/2159-6670.1123
- FAA, Aircraft Handbooks and Manuals, Washington, DC: Federal Aviation Administration, Retrieved from https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aircraft, 2015.
- Thomas, E., "Reciprocating Engine Power-Loss Accident Prevention and Trend Monitoring", FAA, 1998.
- Liberty University School of Aeronautics, "Fatal Flight Training Accident Report 2000-2015", 2019, p. 4.
- Park, H. H., "A study on the effect of student pilot's personality and aptitude on satisfaction with flight education", Journal of the Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautic, 27(3), 2019, pp. 73-82. https://doi.org/10.12985/ksaa.2019.27.4.073
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Retrieved from https://www.moli.go.kr/USR/policyData/m_34681/dtl.jsp?search=&srch_dept_nm=&srch_dept_id=&srch_usr_nm=&srch_usr_titl=Y&srch_usr_ctnt=&search_regdate_s=&search_regdate_e=&psize=10&s_category=p_sec_7&p_category=&lcmspage=1&id=4429, 2019