- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Structural Sizing for Optionally Piloted PAV Preliminary Design
유무인 겸용 개인항공기(OPPAV) 개념설계를 위한 구조물 사이징
- Received : 2020.01.03
- Accepted : 2020.03.04
- Published : 2020.03.31
Personal air vehicle (PAV) is considered by aviation engineers as a solution to provide fast urban mobility. The purpose of designing a optionally piloted PAV (OPPAV) is to provide an individual air vehicle. The airframe structure is designed with high strength carbon fiber composite to reduce the aircraft weight. This paper presents an overview of sizing process for OPPAV at the conceptual design level. It consists of load analysis, structural sizing and development of efficient design allowable values for composite material. The weight is estimated based on sizing process, including strength and stiffness requirements. The objective of this study is to present a overview of structural sizing procedure and fast tool for preliminary design phases.
Grant : 유무인겸용 분산추진 수직이착륙 1인승급 비행시제기 시스템 개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부
- FAR Part 23, Airworthiness Standards: normal, utility, acrobatic and commuter.
- Kim, S. J., Lee, S., Kim, S. C., Kim, U., and Kim, S., "Structural design and analysis for high altitude long endurance UAV", 22(3), 2014, The Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, pp. 68-73. https://doi.org/10.12985/ksaa.2014.22.3.068
- AC 20-107A, Composite Aircraft Structure, 1984.
- Wensheng, Z., Zhouwei, F., and Xiongqing, Y., "Structural mass prediction in conceptual design of blended-wing-body aircraft", Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, 32(11), 2019, pp. 2455-2465. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cja.2019.08.003
- Ajaj, R. M., Smith, D., and Lsikveren, A. T., "Conceptual wing-box weight estimation model for transport aircraft", Aeronautical Journal, 177(1191), 2013, pp. 533-551.