- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Improve Operational Safety of HEMS
응급의료 전용헬기의 운용 안전성 확보 방안에 대한 연구
- Received : 2020.02.02
- Accepted : 2020.03.11
- Published : 2020.03.31
Korea's HEMS are mainly operated during the week, but they are pushing for 24-hour operations. This study has made an overall comparison and review of helicopter safety management that should be accompanied to this end. For research purposes, helicopter regulations and helicopter accident statistics were analyzed, with a high accident rate associated with pilot error and night flight. It was proposed that future preparations would require reinforcement of laws and regulations, reinforcement of pilots' night training, and introduction of training and preflight risk assessments. This study will provide a direction for future helicopter safety. This study will provide for future direction of helicopter safety research.
- Emergency Medical Helicopter Service project 2013. National Emergency Medical Center, 2014.
- Song, H. G., "MD, Emergency medical helicopter, ER in the sky", Korean Med Assoc 2007, 50(6), p. 541. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2007.50.6.541
- Analyzing the current status of emergency medical care in island-mountain areas and seeking support plans, Ministry of Health and Welfare, Geocheon University Report, 2007, p. 282.
- Federal Aviation Administration Rotorcraft Standards Branch AIR-680 Monthly Accident Briefing, 2019.
- Annual Safety Review, European Aviation Safety Agency, 2018
- IATA Controlled Flight Into Terrain Accident Analysis Report 2008-2017 Data, 2018, IATA
- Aherne, B. B., Zhang, C., Chen, W. S., and Newman, D. G., "Systems safety risk analysis of fatal night helicopter emergency medical service accidents", Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance, 90(4), Apr. 2019, p. 398.
- Annual Safety Review, European Aviation Safety Agency, 2018.
- Hinkelbein, J., Schwalbe, M., and Genzwuerker, H. V., "Helicopter emergency medical services accident rates in different international air rescue systems", Emergency Medicine, 2010.
- FAA, AC 135-14B(advisory circular0, 2015.
- EASA Notice of Proposed Amendment, 2018- 04.
- Flight Safety Regulations For Helicopters, Section IV Aerial Work Aviation, 2019.
- National 119 Rescue Aviation Regulation.